ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>The Clarks Being Dragged into the STL Rams Mess
gblowfish 08:14 AM 10-15-2021
Of course, fining an NFL owner $5,000 would be like you or me being fined thee fiddy....

Apologies if posted earlier...

Sam McDowell- KC Star
Wed, October 13, 2021

A St. Louis judge fined Chiefs chairman and CEO Clark Hunt and other NFL owners Wednesday and set a hearing for potential contempt of court for failing to disclose a fuller picture of their financial records as the judge previously requested.

That request came last month as part of discovery for a long-running lawsuit that alleges the NFL bypassed league relocation rules when the Rams left St. Louis.

Judge Christopher McGraugh levied Hunt a $5,000 fine — and also fined Dallas owner Jerry Jones $6,000, New England owner Robert Kraft $5,000 and New York Giants owner John Mara $8,000 — during a hearing Wednesday, in which he accused each of delaying in providing financial statements to gauge their net worth.

“It does seem to me that your clients ... are dragging their feet on this,” McGraugh told a lawyer for the owners, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which attended the hearing and has been covering the lawsuit since its 2017 origin. “It seems like we’re in a three-card monte game.”

A month earlier, the judge warned the fines would arrive if fuller financial records did not. He made good on that promise Wednesday and set a hearing for Dec. 3 for why the four owners “should not be held in contempt of court,” according to his order. He also made them responsible for jointly paying $25,000 of attorney fees.

Hunt and the other three were part of a committee that helped explore the possibility of returning the Rams franchise to Los Angeles.

McGraugh also ordered Rams owner Stan Kroenke to fork over records, but the plaintiffs said he eventually obliged after initially trying to avoid disclosing them.

The lawsuit alleges that the the Rams’ move from St. Louis to Los Angeles cost the city millions of dollars in revenue.

As noted by the Post-Dispatch, Missouri’s state law permits the admission of civil defendants’ financial records in order to help juries assess potential punitive damages.

A jury trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 10.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-...012935913.html
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:11 PM 10-15-2021
i hate all things st louis
[Reply]
trndobrd 06:49 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean - it's a court order.

Turn over your financials or appeal it. If you've lost the appeal, file a MX for extension of time or something.

Don't just do nothing and then complain during your contempt hearing. You're gonna be complaining to the guy who told you to do it in the first place - how exactly do you think that's going to go?

Not the best approach, Clark...

The real funny part is the $5k fine. Shit, I've seen steeper fines than that for actively manipulating evidence on $100K cases before. I've had show-cause orders hit my desk because my secretary forgot to calendar a status hearing.

Clark's getting off light here. Dude - don't blow off the judge in billion dollar proceeding.

The Judge can't be taking this too seriously. He has to know that Clark would have paid more for accountants to prepare and junior associates racking up billable hours reviewing all the exhibits than the measly $5k fine.
[Reply]
jettio 09:25 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
That's a bit misleading. A ton of Kroenke's money was made by buying land around the spots where Wal Marts were going to be built & developing strip centers along those properties anchored to the Wal Mart. However my understanding was given that he was married into the Walton family he could get advance notice of where stores would go allowing him to get land that was pretty useless & sell or lease it at a premium once Wal Mart built there.

Granted it's not like he inherited a trust fund or anything but claiming he is "self made" isn't really right either. He married well & then parlayed that advantage into becoming one of the richest people in the world.
Perhaps that explains why his teams never seem to win the grand prize.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:58 PM 10-15-2021
Not Clark Hunts fault Kroenke got over on those rubes.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:07 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Not Clark Hunts fault Kroenke got over on those rubes.
Clark has plenty of other shady shit going on.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up