ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Costco finally coming to the Northland
Bowser 01:22 PM 03-04-2016
About damned time....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City, city officials revealed plans Friday for a massive economic development project in the northland.

The plans include a new Costco and possibly a new school.

Clearing land has already started for the two-part project. The first part of the project is a new Costco at the corner of 88th and Platte Purchase Drive.

The warehouse club hopes to open November 1. If the deadline is missed -- Costco will open in April, 2017.

The second part of the project includes the donation of 88-acres of land to the Platte County R-3 School District. The land is north and west of the Costco development. There are no plans yet -- but the land could possibly hold a new high school and middle school.

"I always joke, I've always heard about developers they give land to school districts, but I've never actually had it happen to me,” Platte Co. R-3 Superintendent Mike Reik said. “To Platte County schools and our children. But in fact it has happened, and we couldn't be more grateful for that."

The project is near the Twin Creeks Development. The plan is to develop all around the Twin Creeks Development and bring more economic growth to the northland.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/03/04/city-of...n-in-november/

[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:45 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Just keep the trim refrigerated until trash day.

It's not bad quality but like you said you're paying for a ton of unuseable weight.
My garbage is only picked up 2 times a month. I put all my trimmed fat into a plastic shopping bag and throw it in the freezer.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:01 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
I looked at the briskets and didn't buy one but I figure I can get one in short notice if I want to smoke one up. They're monsters that need a lot of trimming so that needs to be timed with trash day because nobody like maggots in their trash. The meat looked good though. I did buy some nice filets.
I bought a Prime packer from there a couple months ago and it was 14.5 lbs and I trimmed off probably 3.5 lbs. But it was $3.50/lb maybe 4 so still miles ahead of what Hyvee could do for me.

They run a really good deal on Prime Rib around the holidays in normal years. Something like $25 off the whole roast at any already very good price for prime. Dunno what they'll do this year.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:13 PM 10-15-2021
I ask myself every time I go in there if it's worth me buying four pounds of shrimp cocktail, and the answer is always the same.

[Reply]
Groves 10:49 PM 10-15-2021
Didn't go crazy but the new Costco here in Springfield is about 700 yards from my house
Clearly the site of the next SGF ChiefsPlanet gathering.

What do you like about it more than Sam’s? We haven’t made the jump yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:59 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Just keep the trim refrigerated until trash day.

It's not bad quality but like you said you're paying for a ton of unuseable weight.
dude it's 4.99 a bird.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 PM 10-15-2021
Costco chickens >
[Reply]
Fish 11:05 PM 10-15-2021
I have to say that the roasted chicken is great.
The retailer actually loses money on their rotisserie chickens
According to Costco’s chief financial officer, the retailer loses between $30 and $40 million a year on the chickens. Still, they refuse to raise their prices to a more reasonable $5.99. The reason: They really believe $4.99 is how much a chicken should cost. In a less selfless way, the chickens keep foot traffic high at the store, which benefits its bottom line.

https://www.rd.com/list/costco-rotisserie-chicken/
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:55 PM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
The retailer actually loses money on their rotisserie chickens
According to Costco’s chief financial officer, the retailer loses between $30 and $40 million a year on the chickens. Still, they refuse to raise their prices to a more reasonable $5.99. The reason: They really believe $4.99 is how much a chicken should cost. In a less selfless way, the chickens keep foot traffic high at the store, which benefits its bottom line.

https://www.rd.com/list/costco-rotisserie-chicken/
Interesting
[Reply]
Papi 07:38 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
The food court replaced Coke products with Pepsi a while back.
They can **** off straight to hell.
And the warehouse sells hunts ketchup now instead of Heinz. I'd rather take a swift kick to the nuts than consume that peasant swill.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:12 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I bought a Prime packer from there a couple months ago and it was 14.5 lbs and I trimmed off probably 3.5 lbs. But it was $3.50/lb maybe 4 so still miles ahead of what Hyvee could do for me.

They run a really good deal on Prime Rib around the holidays in normal years. Something like $25 off the whole roast at any already very good price for prime. Dunno what they'll do this year.
Shoulda hit me up I would have gave u my prime packer
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:18 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
dude it's 4.99 a bird.
Huh? I was talking about their packer briskets.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:36 AM 10-17-2021
I actually prefer Sam's to Costco. At least around here the meat is cheaper is Sam's, noticeably so. There are a few things Costco has that I don't get at Sam's or vice versa. We effectively get our Sam's membership for free because we have the Plus plan or whatever you call it and we spend enough to cover it. Costco has been cheaper on gas than Sam's.
[Reply]
philfree 09:53 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Groves:
Clearly the site of the next SGF ChiefsPlanet gathering.

What do you like about it more than Sam’s? We haven’t made the jump yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We haven't been in Sam's in a couple years so I can't compare.
[Reply]
philfree 09:59 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
as a longtime costco shopper, it has gone quite downhill over the past few years in terms of quality but is still the best place to buy groceries and stuff. As a guy who loves cheese, there's no better place to buy 5 lbs of delicious pizza shop quality mozzarella and the crap in the grocery stores can't even compare at 5x the price.
Since China hit us with the the biological attack I've noticed the quality of everything has gone down. I'll have to check into the pizza.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up