ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
wachashi 11:04 AM 01-31-2023
To say nothing of scheme creativity, just from a player development standpoint, this game was the culmination of fantastic coaching from Spags and his staff.

To see so many rookies play meaningful minutes in a conference championship game and perform the way they did is a rare, rare thing in the NFL. The defensive backs especially showed out against the best receiving corps in the league. They knew their assignments and did not blink an eye matching up against Chase and Higgins.

That's on top of losing Sneed, arguably our most important defensive player behind Jones, during the first series.

Credit to the defensive line for applying pressure that helped out our rookie DBs, but without sound coverage in the backfield, some of those sacks/pressures/hits just don't happen.

I don't think it's an overstatement to say this game is one of the best defensive coaching jobs in Chiefs history. It should be talked about more.

Watson - 66 snaps (100%)
McDuffie - 65 snaps (98%)
Williams - 59 snaps (89%)
Cook - 27 snaps (41%)
Karlaftis - 27 snaps (41%)
Chenal - 5 snaps (8%)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 01-31-2023
Dude's gameplan was in the shitter by midway through the 2nd quarter.

Sneed is absolutely critical to his coverage schemes and those went out the window one drive into the game. So right off the bat he's missing a leg from the stool. Then Gay goes down as well and now his most athletic coverage backer, the guy who can help cover up the middle to allow us to shade help out to the young CBs, is also gone.

So hey, we'll just keep running 3 safety looks out there and then get some quality snaps from Darius freakin' Harris.

And without a spectacular catch from Chase and an inexplicable fumble from Mahomes, Spags damn near throws up a clean sheet against a team that hadn't lost a game since October.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:06 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We earned the 1 seed because Spags and his defense were instrumental in at least 2 wins this season.

We won on Sunday because Spags took a crew that needed 300 snaps from rookie and held down the most dangerous WR corps in football. There was a single sustained drive in that entire game and it required a spectacular catch on a 4th down YOLO ball to pull off.

Jesus, man - you're just absolutely refusing to give the guy any credit and then getting pissed off when people call you an idiot for it.

Nobody's saying you HAVE to say that Spags has had a fantastic year. It's a free country and you don't have to wear the ribbon.

But just about everyone is comfortable calling you a goddamn moron for simply putting blinders on and celebrating your ignorance. Worse still, it's not like anyone was calling for you to come out and announce it. You simply sauntered into the thread and felt compelled to double down on it.
It’s incredble that this man doesn’t get his dues. 3 years ago this staff gave us Sneed, Gay and Danna (who has been very good this year).

Then Bolton in 2021. Now they just completely revamped the defense this year.

Like do people just not realize how big of a deal that is with a QB contract? We basically have cheap amazing talent on the defense for the next 4 years and can focus a shit load of resources on tackle and WR.

Goddamn what a spot to be in
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 01-31-2023
Dude's gameplan was in the shitter by midway through the 2nd quarter.

Sneed is absolutely critical to his coverage schemes and those went out the window one drive into the game. So right off the bat he's missing a leg from the stool. Then Gay goes down as well and now his most athletic coverage backer, the guy who can help cover up the middle to allow us to shade help out to the young CBs, is also gone.

So hey, we'll just keep running 3 safety looks out there and then get some quality snaps from Darius freakin' Harris.

And without a spectacular catch from Chase and an inexplicable fumble from Mahomes, Spags damn near throws up a clean sheet against a team that hadn't lost a game since October.
If that Mahomes fumble doesn't happen....then I honestly think this game isn't anywhere close as it ended.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If that Mahomes fumble doesn't happen....then I honestly think this game isn't anywhere close as it ended.
I was juuuuust starting to get comfortable. Looking at the scoreboard thinking "Okay, we're gonna be up 10 at worst with not much time left"

I mean it wasn't 30 seconds later that play happened. That had all the look of a drive that would've finished it. Frankly, it wasn't terribly dissimilar from the Kelce fumble.

Credit to the Chiefs for finding a way to get it done because that play really did take the air out of the balloon. It could've gone down as a pretty infamous moment had things not ended the way they did.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:15 AM 01-31-2023
I think he torqued his ankle while he was cocking back to throw and flinched bad enough he just yeeted the ball.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM 01-31-2023
It could've gone down as a pretty infamous moment had things not ended the way they did.
The Bengals can stack that one alongside Joe Montana's dropped INT in the '88 Super Bowl. :-)

Next play was a TD.

[Reply]
DRM08 11:18 AM 01-31-2023
I was juuuuust starting to get comfortable. Looking at the scoreboard thinking "Okay, we're gonna be up 10 at worst with not much time left"

I mean it wasn't 30 seconds later that play happened. That had all the look of a drive that would've finished it. Frankly, it wasn't terribly dissimilar from the Kelce fumble.

Credit to the Chiefs for finding a way to get it done because that play really did take the air out of the balloon. It could've gone down as a pretty infamous moment had things not ended the way they did.
Yep, defense & special teams bailed out Patrick in a big way. Sometimes you need that type of luck as a QB. Brady had 3 INT against Packers in conference title game and was bailed out by the Tampa defense shutting down Rodgers in a MVP season. Brady also got bailed out by Dee Ford. He had 2 INT in that game and it would have been a 3rd INT to lose the game if Ford lined up in the correct spot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:20 AM 01-31-2023
It's so fucking infuriating that Wylie had to go and be a worthless sack of shit because instead of being at midfield we're at the Bengals 35 already in scoring position and probably playing a lot more conservative.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:21 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bro. We literally just watched a game where Spags and the defense won the game for us.
Exactly. They held the Bengals to 20 points and Burrow had more INTs that TDs. With as hobbled as the offense was there was little chance KC keeps up in a shootout if the defense did not step up. That final drive by the Bengals which ended with Burrow being sacked was unbelievable. I don’t doubt many thought they would drive down and win on a last second FG. They didn’t because the defense who was missing Gay and Sneed stepped up when it mattered most.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:22 AM 01-31-2023

If we lose...there's no way that the narrative isn't "Mahomes choked under pressure against the Bengals....again".
[Reply]
tredadda 11:23 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
This is the crap I am talking about. We ain't getting shit because of Spags. If we win, it will be because of Mahomes.

Spags is lucky to have Mahomes, not the other way around.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
How many playoff games has Spags defense cost us?
[Reply]
tredadda 11:23 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Did the defense score? No.

You don't win games because your defense played good, you win because you score more points than the other team. A defense can hold a team to 3 points, and if the offense doesn't score, the defense didn't do a damn thing to win the game.

Every win we get is because of Mahomes. It's crazy to me that anyone would think otherwise.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
What an absolutely atrocious take. It’s like Knowmo level bad.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:24 AM 01-31-2023
If we lose...there's no way that the narrative isn't "Mahomes choked under pressure against the Bengals....again".
:-) I've been raked over the coals for what I posted right afterwards. Meh, deserve it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's so fucking infuriating that Wylie had to go and be a worthless sack of shit because instead of being at midfield we're at the Bengals 35 already in scoring position and probably playing a lot more conservative.
Dude...Wylie shouldn't be taunting....EVER. You aren't good enough to taunt anyone.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up