ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 55
« First < 3434950515253 5455 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Not only is Vegas disciplined and peaking, but they are large and just whipping FLorida physically at every turn. They have physically dominated most teams, but when you get frustrated at the other team dominating the puck, the frustration really sets in and you get away from your game. Vegas is that good right now....

Pretty much. FL is a smaller, more of a finesse team and got pushed around the whole series. They couldn't or wouldn't put guys in front of the goalie consistently, so they missed a ton of second-chance opportunities off rebounds. FL also just didn't seem to have a plan B for how to get into the offensive zone. Hell, they struggled just getting out of their own end. Too many turnovers in their zone, many of which resulted in goals for Vegas.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:12 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty much. FL is a smaller, more of a finesse team and got pushed around the whole series. They couldn't or wouldn't put guys in front of the goalie consistently, so they missed a ton of second-chance opportunities off rebounds. FL also just didn't seem to have a plan B for how to get into the offensive zone. Hell, they struggled just getting out of their own end. Too many turnovers in their zone, many of which resulted in goals for Vegas.
Bingo..."they struggled just getting out of their own end". KNights pressure was just suffocating the entire series, which really wore on the Panthers and by the end, they were broken. WOuld have been very interesting to watch the Bruins and Knights in the finals. Panthers earned it, but would like to have seen the Bruins with their historic reg. season match=up against the Knights.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:28 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Bingo..."they struggled just getting out of their own end". KNights pressure was just suffocating the entire series, which really wore on the Panthers and by the end, they were broken. WOuld have been very interesting to watch the Bruins and Knights in the finals. Panthers earned it, but would like to have seen the Bruins with their historic reg. season match=up against the Knights.
Yeah, the Knights were built like the Wild of yesteryear with endless energy, but finally got some first line talent in Eichel and a few guys have developed... and there was also a huge difference in the offensive zone this year.

They used to be as bad or worst than the Leafs when it comes to a structured offense, yet didn't have the same level of talent to score any more than junk/puck luck goals.

They were actually fun to watch this year and their transition game against the Panthers was on point.

I would have liked to see them against better teams in the past month, but you take that fortune 10 times out of 10 when going on a run, and there are no easy outs.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:05 PM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lol we've won our division three times in five years, been number one in the conference twice and have been to a final and two conference finals and you think we aren't relevant? :-) We're knocking on that door and deep in your heart you know what's coming :-)
To think I said this before the playoffs started :-) . I could have come on here last night and called out Bearcat and Deface after they hated on me and my Knights for years but no, I decided to be humble this time and just cherish this moment. For the Chiefs and Knights to win championships in the same year is truly a blessing. Our depth, defense and deadly offense was just too much for all four teams we faced in the end. Facing Mcdavid, Dristel, Nugent and that all time great power play was a huge hurdle to get over. Then facing Roberts, Hintz and our old coach was a big challenge. Lastly we met Florida who many backed to beat us after slaying three Giants. Really proud of the boys, Bruce, the front office and our fans with how we got the fortress rocking last night.

LETS GO VGK!!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Fish 10:14 PM 06-14-2023

[Reply]
srvy 11:22 PM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The cup is the same and each player gets it for a day to do pretty much anything they want with it. The rings on the cup are removable. Once the bottom ring is filled up the top ring is removed and sent to the NHL hall of fame. All the other rings are moved up a spot and a new ring is put on the bottom.
Yes I knew all that except for the part where a ring was removed and sent to the HOF. I thought they just added a new larger ring made a new base and so on and so forth till that ring is full. I guess eventually it would get to tall and heavy.

I guess my question is what does the franchise receive to display in their facility once another team becomes champ? Is there another trophy that permanently stays with the team?
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:52 AM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
The long wait for Vegas fans finally came to an end
by u/Sumdood88 in hockeymemes

[Reply]
DaFace 06:58 AM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yes I knew all that except for the part where a ring was removed and sent to the HOF. I thought they just added a new larger ring made a new base and so on and so forth till that ring is full. I guess eventually it would get to tall and heavy.

I guess my question is what does the franchise receive to display in their facility once another team becomes champ? Is there another trophy that permanently stays with the team?
Nope. It moves on to the next winner.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:08 PM 07-01-2023
ROR to the Preds (seems like a good fit), Duchene to the Stars (seems a bit strange), Erik Johnson to the Sabres (:-))... Rangers signed Blake Wheeler Jonathan Quick.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:59 AM 07-04-2023
Reaves, Burtuzzi and Domi. I feel a bit better about my pussy Leafs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:41 PM 11-24-2023
Underrated and far superior sports experience to CFB and NFL... Leafs/Blackhawks, OT was outstanding.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:53 PM 11-28-2023
Corey Perry banging Connor Bedard's mom during Chicago Blackhawks Mom's Weekend is just another reason why I love hockey.

Chicago Blackhawks: “We want you to be a father figure to Connor Bedard.”

Corey Perry: pic.twitter.com/Bc6cSnbo0J

— Joey Suyeishi (@avrilanche) November 28, 2023

Chicago places Corey Perry on unconditional waivers for purpose of terminating his contract pic.twitter.com/vcWeI3GrJm

— Spittin' Chiclets (@spittinchiclets) November 28, 2023

[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:55 PM 11-28-2023
Blackhawks beat reporter said the rumor is 100% not true. But I so, so want it to be.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:56 PM 11-28-2023
:-)

Patrick Kane is also apparently a Red Wing now, so that's sad.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:58 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Blackhawks beat reporter said the rumor is 100% not true. But I so, so want it to be.
Of course that's what they said! :-)

Damage Control 101
[Reply]
Page 53 of 55
« First < 3434950515253 5455 >
Up