« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DRM08 01:12 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Lots of great players have come out of mid-major conferences... Jerry Rice, Antonio Gates, Willie Lanier, Deacon Jones... hell, Pacheco is doing well. Skyy MEHoore is just a guy. Unfortunate reality. Sample size proves it thus far.

Hell, our rook out of SMU outperformed him in his very first game.
Pacheco's school has been in the Big Ten for 9+ years. I wouldn't lump him in with guys who came from really small schools like Jerry Rice. That said, I think a Jerry Rice is a massive exception to the rule. It's hard to trust guys at the lower level to turn into really good players in the NFL.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:14 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The whole "Could find the zones" thing was something CP completely made up as everyone was infatuated with him being the next Wes Welker. That was purely projection based on his size and skillset.

Because quite frankly if he CAN'T do that, then he really can't do much of anything at all. That HAS to be his niche.
He was supposed to be the guy who moves the chains. I'm not throwing in the towel on him but it doesn't seem like that he will be even targeted enough to make a significant impact.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:17 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
That one goes in the annals of legendary Mahomes plays if anyone else is running that route.

We probably wouldn't even remember that it was Pringle or Drob or Dieter or Marcus Kemp who caught it, but we'd remember this like so many other impossible plays where Mahomes pulled a rabbit out of his hat on a gotta-have-it play
This game in general felt similar to the Tampa Super Bowl with all the bad drops by the receiving group, but this play in particular felt similar to Mahomes' insane "horizontal" throw that bounced off the receiver's facemask on 4th down in the end zone. Both plays featured amazing throws in a clutch situation, but the receiver just couldn't finish the plays.

You really hope these receiver guys can figure this out moving forward. Surely it can't be as bad as what we saw last night.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:50 PM 09-08-2023
The whole "Could find the zones" thing was something CP completely made up as everyone was infatuated with him being the next Wes Welker. That was purely projection based on his size and skillset.

Because quite frankly if he CAN'T do that, then he really can't do much of anything at all. That HAS to be his niche.
There's a zillion different examples of this that all kinda make me chuckle.

Nichols Law of Catchers Defense is one of them - any catcher that can't hit gets a reputation for being a strong defensive catcher even if, like Tony Cruz, they can't actually play defense for shit either.

Or "I'm not book smart but I'm street smart..." Oh really? You mean by any conventional method of measuring intelligence you are actually kinda dumb but in this really nebulous manner that only you can define you're actually brilliant? Interesting how that works out...

And finally, the infamous "Frank Clark sets the edge" and it's stupid cousin "Frank Clark's just doing what he's asked in the defense...".

Anytime someone's just objectively bad at something that's easily quantifiable or measurable, that person's defenders rush to come up with some nebulous metric whereby they are obviously great so as to justify their defense if that person.

So when Skyy Moore is struggling to make contested catches or beat guys in man and when he doesn't demonstrate plus deep speed, consistent route running or even a versatile route tree it becomes "Well he can beat the zone"...

It's just a thing people said to defend the guy when there wasn't something else concrete to say because all the concrete defenses are pretty easily dismissed.

Skyy Moore has never demonstrated any more ability to find holes in the zone than he has to beat man coverage or reach items on high shelves at the grocery store.

He's never shown anything terribly useful at the NFL level. Time will tell if that continues to be the case but the way this staff has spoken of and treated Rashee Rice, and the way Mahomes has been willing to utilize him - when contrasted with Moore - says a LOT about what they're seeing when we aren't around.

And it ain't great.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
This game in general felt similar to the Tampa Super Bowl with all the bad drops by the receiving group, but this play in particular felt similar to Mahomes' insane "horizontal" throw that bounced off the receiver's facemask on 4th down in the end zone. Both plays featured amazing throws in a clutch situation, but the receiver just couldn't finish the plays.

You really hope these receiver guys can figure this out moving forward. Surely it can't be as bad as what we saw last night.
I banged on Mahomes a couple times into the 3rd quarter because he really wasn't playing terribly well. But he played just well enough to give them a punchers chance in the 4th. And in the 4th they had the ball on their racket and Mahomes had started to dial it in a little bit.

And then his teammates fully and finally fucked a goat to undo any forward momentum Mahomes was building. Those last two drives were just staggeringly inept around PM as PM was starting to look more like the Death Star version of himself.

It SHOULD'VE been one of those Elway games where Mahomes was just off enough to make sure he needed a 4th quarter comeback and found that extra gear in the 4th to get it done. But alas, his teammates just puked all over their shoes.

It was rough.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:53 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Disagree with Seth, Moore barely got a finger tip on it.
Yeah because he totally mistimed his jump. He was behind everyone.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:55 PM 09-08-2023
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT CATCH THE FUCKING BALL
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I came to this thread only to see what you had to say, and you didn't disappoint.
Hell - I thought I'd gone pretty easy on him.

At this rate Detox and I will be the ones DEFENDING him in 3 weeks...

I don't really see him much differently than I've ever seen him - someone with a TON of learning to do who can develop into a decent 3rd option in a passing game someday.

But for all the fire we took as 'haters' last year, he was further away from contributing than even Detox and I expected. So it's possible that what I hoped we'd see in year 2 may not come until year 3. And to be honest, in a perfect world, we will have pretty much layered the guy by then.

I don't 'hate' the guy, but he just has to be so damn precise to be effective and thus far he's demonstrated that he's anything but.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:56 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

So when Skyy Moore is struggling to make contested catches or beat guys in man and when he doesn't demonstrate plus deep speed, consistent route running or even a versatile route tree it becomes "Well he can beat the zone"...

It's just a thing people said to defend the guy when there wasn't something else to concrete to say because all the concrete defenses are pretty easily dismissed.

Skyy Moore has never demonstrated any more ability to find holes in the zone than he has to beat man coverage or reach items on high shelves at the grocery store.
Jerry Jones Cowboys GIFfrom Jerry Jones GIFs

[Reply]
Mecca 01:57 PM 09-08-2023
Isn't it great that after this year we'll finally get to see CEH stop getting carries........only to be replaced by the WR version of CEH Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:58 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hell - I thought I'd gone pretty easy on him.

At this rate Detox and I will be the ones DEFENDING him in 3 weeks...

I don't really see him much differently than I've ever seen him - someone with a TON of learning to do who can develop into a decent 3rd option in a passing game someday.

But for all the fire we took as 'haters' last year, he was further away from contributing than even Detox and I expected. So it's possible that what I hoped we'd see in year 2 may not come until year 3. And to be honest, in a perfect world, we will have pretty much layered the guy by then.

I don't 'hate' the guy, but he just has to be so damn precise to be effective and thus far he's demonstrated that he's anything but.
Yes Clapping GIFfrom Yes GIFs

[Reply]
RealSNR 01:58 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Isn't it great that after this year we'll finally get to see CEH stop getting carries........only to be replaced by the WR version of CEH Skyy Moore.
Difference is unless he audibles or options, Mahomes is going to hand off to CEH if that's the play.

If Skyy ain't doing crap out there, Mahomes isn't going to throw to him.
[Reply]
srvy 03:41 PM 09-08-2023
Where was this view from the game? Anyone saying that was a tough catch for a NFL receiver is full of shit. That has to be caught period.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:47 PM 09-08-2023
looks like skyy paused on his route a bit in the middle of the field, if he just kept going he probably is in better position
[Reply]
jd1020 03:52 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
looks like skyy paused on his route a bit in the middle of the field, if he just kept going he probably is in better position
Aint nobody still running a route 6 seconds after the snap and Mahomes scrambling.
[Reply]
Page 203 of 280
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253 > Last »
Up