Page 98 of 112
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd be fine bringing Hardman back. I've been on the 'offer him MVS's contract plus an inflation kicker' train for awhile now.

I saw some real progression from him this year and I think he's close to breaking out.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t see it happening unfortunately. These desperate teams like Chicago need weapons like him.

If you’re Ryan Poles and have $98 million to blow, why wouldn’t you overpay for a guy like Hardman?

I think he’s getting overpaid
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t think he’s going to get the offers he’s looking for out in FA with the way he ended the season here. I’m fine with bringing him back and then drafting another guy in the first two days.
I mean, yeah, I'd be fine with overpaying him by quite a bit. If they aren't I guess you'd say they know better than anyone on it but man he's still really young.

He's still a year or two away from hitting his physical prime and you could really see him blossom.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t see it happening unfortunately. These desperate teams like Chicago need weapons like him.

If you’re Ryan Poles and have $98 million to blow, why wouldn’t you overpay for a guy like Hardman?

I think he’s getting overpaid
{Shrug}

It happens, I guess.

But I think his injury history is going to be the biggest problem he faces. If you're the Bears and you can either pay for Jakobi Meyers who's been relatively healthy and steadily productive despite sub-standard QB play or Hardman who's been oft-injured and who's productivity has been up/down despite the best QB in the league, I think you probably prefer paying for Meyer's floor over Hardman's ceiling, right?

But i still think the most likely scenario is that he comes back on a 1-year deal similar to the deal JJSS signed last season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:09 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The guys that did that are long gone though.

It's not a smart trade though, I'm stupid for recommending it.
In fairness, it's in the top 1/2 of stupid trades you've recommended.

I mean, it's not like you suggested giving up a 2nd for him nor is he clearly on the back 9 of his career.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 02-27-2023
{Shrug}

It happens, I guess.

But I think his injury history is going to be the biggest problem he faces. If you're the Bears and you can either pay for Jakobi Meyers who's been relatively healthy and steadily productive despite sub-standard QB play or Hardman who's been oft-injured and who's productivity has been up/down despite the best QB in the league, I think you probably prefer paying for Meyer's floor over Hardman's ceiling, right?

But i still think the most likely scenario is that he comes back on a 1-year deal similar to the deal JJSS signed last season.
I'd sign up for that.

And if I'm the Bears, I'd trade down from that first pick and use my winnings to go big game hunting at WR. I'd not settle for a Hardman when I could swing a couple high round picks for.....whoever.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:34 AM 02-27-2023
I'd sign up for that.

And if I'm the Bears, I'd trade down from that first pick and use my winnings to go big game hunting at WR. I'd not settle for a Hardman when I could swing a couple high round picks for.....whoever.
Schefter confirmed this morning that the Bears want to trade down.

I’d think they’d like to trade down, stay in the top 5 (Colts at 4?) and get one or Jalen Carter or Will Anderson
[Reply]
Shields68 12:20 PM 02-27-2023
{Shrug}

It happens, I guess.

Think Hardman is a guy who might lose a lot of value if he is not in Reid's offense. Take away the jet sweeps, the motions to free him up ...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:54 PM 02-27-2023
Hardman doesn't have an injury issue/history. He's had two injuries that have cost him any time; an ankle injury that sidelined him for a game in 2018, and the abdominal injury this season that cost him about half the season. Otherwise, he's been one of the most consistently available players for KC during his time on the team.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:03 PM 02-27-2023
I'd sign up for that.

Not sure there is a QB needy team that has a couple high round picks. Guessing with the lack of talent of talent they could use any impact player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hardman doesn't have an injury issue/history. He's had two injuries that have cost him any time; an ankle injury that sidelined him for a game in 2018, and the abdominal injury this season that cost him about half the season. Otherwise, he's been one of the most consistently available players for KC during his time on the team.
Didn't he play one of those seasons banged up, though? I was wanting to say it was the 2020 season but my memory could be failing me.

Whatever the case may be, I'd still like to keep him if at all possible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:11 PM 02-27-2023
Didn't he play one of those seasons banged up, though? I was wanting to say it was the 2020 season but my memory could be failing me.

Whatever the case may be, I'd still like to keep him if at all possible.
I think you're right; iirc Hardman had a heel injury or something in 2020 or 2021, but he didn't miss any time over it, according to ESPN/DraftSharks.

And the injury this season was an abdominal issue, so I doubt it'sa a recurring problem next season. Maybe ever.

But I've always been optimistic about Hardman, though he finally began proving me correct this season until he got hurt. And the play in which he did get hurt was the kind of play that well illustrated my belief in Mecole's growing abilities as a WR and not just a gadget guy.

But yeah, personally, I'd like to keep him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think you're right; iirc Hardman had a heel injury or something in 2020 or 2021, but he didn't miss any time over it, according to ESPN/DraftSharks.

And the injury this season was an abdominal issue, so I doubt it'sa a recurring problem next season. Maybe ever.

But I've always been optimistic about Hardman, though he finally began proving me correct this season until he got hurt. And the play in which he did get hurt was the kind of play that well illustrated my belief in Mecole's growing abilities as a WR and not just a gadget guy.

But yeah, personally, I'd like to keep him.
He just had a different mindset coming into this season and you could tell everytime he spoke. He was focused on proving himself.

I think that's why he'd consider a 1-year deal but doesn't seem likely to take a below market 3-year deal.

That said, roll up to his front door with a signing bonus check for $15 million and a 3 year contract w/ base salaries of $2,6,10 million and you suddenly have a kid who gets to put $15 million in his pocket that day. Sure, he may only get another $8 million over the next 2 seasons and then be a probably cut candidate in year 3, but those signing bonuses will turn heads on occasion.

At that point you have a 2 year/$23 million deal w/ a team option for $10 million tacked on. Is Hardman worth that? I think he probably is. And if the market doesn't come together for him and he's left with taking a JuJu kind of deal, well JuJu didn't make but about $2 through December of this year before his bonuses started hitting.

Could the appeal of getting a big ol' chunk of money now be enough for him to give up some control? Maybe. I mean, he'd still only be 28 years old when he hits the market again. Marquis Goodwin is a similar type of player who's still getting game checks at 32 years old. It might not be a bad idea to lock in your financial security now.
[Reply]
O.city 01:33 PM 02-27-2023
He just had a different mindset coming into this season and you could tell everytime he spoke. He was focused on proving himself.

I think that's why he'd consider a 1-year deal but doesn't seem likely to take a below market 3-year deal.

That said, roll up to his front door with a signing bonus check for $15 million and a 3 year contract w/ base salaries of $2,6,10 million and you suddenly have a kid who gets to put $15 million in his pocket that day. Sure, he may only get another $8 million over the next 2 seasons and then be a probably cut candidate in year 3, but those signing bonuses will turn heads on occasion.

At that point you have a 2 year/$23 million deal w/ a team option for $10 million tacked on. Is Hardman worth that? I think he probably is. And if the market doesn't come together for him and he's left with taking a JuJu kind of deal, well JuJu didn't make but about $2 through December of this year before his bonuses started hitting.

Could the appeal of getting a big ol' chunk of money now be enough for him to give up some control? Maybe. I mean, he'd still only be 28 years old when he hits the market again. Marquis Goodwin is a similar type of player who's still getting game checks at 32 years old. It might not be a bad idea to lock in your financial security now.
I'd inch it up a bit if I had to. 2/28.

"Stay here, put up a couple 1000 yard 8-10 TD seasons and hit the market again at 28"
[Reply]
Wallymo 01:48 PM 02-27-2023
I think Hardman comes back on a one-year deal. He tanked his value with the injury. One more year in a system he knows and will highlight his skills would get him more guaranteed money next offseason. But I don't think the team should pay anything over $10M for that one-year deal.

I'm fine with Hardman walking after that. He's a great player to have, but can largely be duplicated by Toney (or Ross, if healthy).

I also believe Moore will start in the slot next year after juju moves on for his rightful payday elsewhere. I think Moore will do well there. MVS will be kept for year two of his contract for continuity and because of the critical role he plays in this offense. A top-three draft pick will target a WR.

All will be well because the Chiefs are going against the market and making its WR group, like its CB group, cheap as hell.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:52 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
I think Hardman comes back on a one-year deal. He tanked his value with the injury. One more year in a system he knows and will highlight his skills would get him more guaranteed money next offseason. But I don't think the team should pay anything over $10M for that one-year deal.

I'm fine with Hardman walking after that. He's a great player to have, but can largely be duplicated by Toney (or Ross, if healthy).

I also believe Moore will start in the slot next year after juju moves on for his rightful payday elsewhere. I think Moore will do well there. MVS will be kept for year two of his contract for continuity and because of the critical role he plays in this offense. A top-three draft pick will target a WR.

All will be well because the Chiefs are going against the market and making its WR group, like its CB group, cheap as hell.
I can't understand the incredible amount of faith that CP has placed in Ross. He isn't a Hardman replacement, he's not nearly fast enough.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:59 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Wallymo:

Which Ross Justyn or John, because both are injury prone.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 112
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Up