ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 240
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:25 PM 09-26-2016
McDaniel for Reid? Holy shit :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:32 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
McDaniel for Reid? Holy shit :-)
The old fucker is losing it.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:35 PM 09-26-2016
I can see why people are being looney for McDaniels. Year 4 with talent all over the offense and we can't score.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I can see why people are being looney for McDaniels. Year 4 with talent all over the offense and we can't score.
Is this what it was like when Marty was around? I was just a tick too young to really have a loud dog in those fights back then.

But when my mom would bitch about Marty (and understand, my mom knows jack shit about football) my pat response ended up always being "yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of winning games all the time..." 20 years later we finally have a coach that can approach Schottenheimer's acumen and ability again.

2/3 of the league has a worse coach than we do and perhaps more than that. And yet I'm supposed to act like we should get rid of him for a guy who failed miserably at his last stop as a HC AND his only shot as an OC without Belichick.

I'm sorry but no, I absolutely cannot "see why people are being looney for McDaniels...." Andy Reid's a good coach. He's a coach that's accomplished more than all but a handful of coaches in the history of this game.

I still don't understand how we finally get a legitimate top 10 coach in here and folks are trying to ride him out on a rail because his wins aren't pretty enough. Christ alive, man - watch the rest of the NFL sometime. This is an ugly ass game.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:55 PM 09-26-2016
Yes, let's go with a bombs away offensive philosophy when we get up two scores+, not this conservative attack that ensures the clock will keep running thus taking time away from the team attempting to mad scramble back into the game. Sounds perfectly logical.

Fantasy Football has fucking ruined the average NFL fan. All we want is to be beat our opponents by 40+ and see at least one flea flicker good for a 70+ yard touchdown.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:55 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is this what it was like when Marty was around?
Marty basically just treated the offense as a tool to give our defense a rest. He put the talent on defense too.

Reid has talent on offense and is just too afraid to use it. Maybe he's forgotten how.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:57 PM 09-26-2016
Is this what it was like when Marty was around? I was just a tick too young to really have a loud dog in those fights back then.

But when my mom would bitch about Marty (and understand, my mom knows jack shit about football) my pat response ended up always being "yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of winning games all the time..." 20 years later we finally have a coach that can approach Schottenheimer's acumen and ability again.

2/3 of the league has a worse coach than we do and perhaps more than that. And yet I'm supposed to act like we should get rid of him for a guy who failed miserably at his last stop as a HC AND his only shot as an OC without Belichick.

I'm sorry but no, I absolutely cannot "see why people are being looney for McDaniels...." Andy Reid's a good coach. He's a coach that's accomplished more than all but a handful of coaches in the history of this game.

I still don't understand how we finally get a legitimate top 10 coach in here and folks are trying to ride him out on a rail because his wins aren't pretty enough. Christ alive, man - watch the rest of the NFL sometime. This is an ugly ass game.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. I think most people just don't watch enough football outside of KC.

I'm sure there's probably a lot of "BA sucks" talk going on after the Cardinlas 1-2 start. It's just that when its your coach, you actually see the warts.

Those of us that pay a lot of attention to the rest of the NFL can see that.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:58 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes, let's go with a bombs away offensive philosophy when we get up two scores+, not this conservative attack that ensures the clock will keep running thus taking time away from the team attempting to mad scramble back into the game. Sounds perfectly logical.

Fantasy Football has fucking ruined the average NFL fan. All we want is to be beat our opponents by 40+ and see at least one flea flicker good for a 70+ yard touchdown.
There is a huge difference between "bombs" away and not throwing the ball beyond 5 yards. Not throwing the ball with the WRs moving forward. It even goes beyond a conservative nature. Reid doesn't seem to have any feel about what plays to call.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:

"Fucking Andy Reid keeps throwing the ball when we're up by 2 scores and our defense is dominating! Learn to run a clock, fat fuck"

{yankyankyank}

The Jets failed to complete their comeback precisely because the Chiefs didn't allow them to do it quickly. And when the 4th came and they tried to hit the gas, the Chiefs were there waiting for them.

Playing with a patchwork line at home against arguably the best defensive front in football and Reid took the air out of the football because....duh. Of course that's what he did because that's actually smart. You don't keep dropping back and exposing Smith to more shots from Wilkerson, Williams or Richardson. You don't push the ball downfield when anything more than a 3 yard drop is probably gonna sting.

The only way the Jets could've won that game was if the offense made it easy for them by giving them the ball in positive down and distance situations. Reid takes untold amounts of shit for bad clock management and yesterday he demonstrates perfect clock management and instead gets shit for bad play-calling.

I'm going back to 'fucking idiots' on this one.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:01 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
There is a huge difference between "bombs" away and not throwing the ball beyond 5 yards. Not throwing the ball with the WRs moving forward. It even goes beyond a conservative nature. Reid doesn't seem to have any feel about what plays to call.
We were up literally the entire game. You think he's going to show a bunch of non-vanilla offensive formations and routes to the Steelers coaches to break down? He called a bunch of boring plays to keep the chains moving and the clock running. It really isn't much more complicated than that.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:05 PM 09-26-2016
"Fucking Andy Reid keeps throwing the ball when we're up by 2 scores and our defense is dominating! Learn to run a clock, fat fuck"

{yankyankyank}

The Jets failed to complete their comeback precisely because the Chiefs didn't allow them to do it quickly. And when the 4th came and they tried to hit the gas, the Chiefs were there waiting for them.

Playing with a patchwork line at home against arguably the best defensive front in football and Reid took the air out of the football because....duh. Of course that's what he did because that's actually smart. You don't keep dropping back and exposing Smith to more shots from Wilkerson, Williams or Richardson. You don't push the ball downfield when anything more than a 3 yard drop is probably gonna sting.

The only way the Jets could've won that game was if the offense made it easy for them by giving them the ball in positive down and distance situations. Reid takes untold amounts of shit for bad clock management and yesterday he demonstrates perfect clock management and instead gets shit for bad play-calling.

I'm going back to 'fucking idiots' on this one.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
And this is just wrong.

The Chiefs had the ball 5 times in the second half.

Drive 1: They get 2 quick passes for 20 and 17 yards to Conley and Maclin to get themselves to around midfield. On second down, Smith takes a deep shot to Hill and Hill can't quite get the 2nd foot in. Then Kelce jumps and now you're staring at 3rd and 14. This is EXACTLY the time that you should be looking to keep the clock moving. 3rd and 14 gets converted, what, 10% of the time? Short, safe pass to Ware that keeps the clock rolling. There were two effective pass plays and a deep ball. There is absolutely nothing to bitch about in this drive.

Drive 2: 62 plays in 4 yards, Spencer Ware blows the drive by doing shit you flat don't do. Yeah, totally Andy Reid's fault.

Drive 3: 8 plays, 41 yards. Yes, this drive was extremely close to the vest but it also ended in going for it on 4th down. And again, with a big lead, they just burned 4 minutes off the clock. The play-calling wasn't the problem here, they needed one friggen yard to get a first down. Instead the RG and RT got blown apart and #50 for the Jets made a great play to turn Ware sideways as he squirted through the line on his way down. But for a great piece of cleanup work by #50, this is a first down. It wasn't a bad drive even with the turnover on downs and it was absolutely defensible.

Drive 4: This has to be the one you're mad about. 3 and out, no time off the clock. Sure would've been nice to see some aggres.....oh wait, Reid dialed up a deep ball and Smith just flat missed a wide open Conley. That's not a play-calling problem at all; Smith missed an easy throw that would've been good for, what, 30 yards?

Drive 5: Who gives a shit? 5 minutes left on the clock and the Jets has all 3 timeouts; the Chiefs had exactly one goal in this drive - burn the Jets time outs and put them behind the eight ball. Again, if Reid goes throwing the ball around here, the usual suspects would've murdered him for putting the ball in the air when he could've kept it on the ground and milked the clock. This was a NO BRAINER of a drive. You hammer the ground game and get those TOs burned. That decision had a lot to do with the subsequent picks as the Jets now had 3 minutes to score twice and no timeouts to do it with. That's exactly why Fitz was pushing it and exactly why the ball was turned over.

This is just so much crying over nothing. What we saw on Sunday was great clock management and legitimately well done complementary football. But sure, keep complaining because Reid's much much smarter than Clay and you can't actually remember the times that Reid did dial up deep plays or passing plays that actually worked.

Idiots.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
NSFW...Bill Burr classic rant on Philly...

I really cant remember the last time I laughed this hard, to the point my sides were literally hurting

He absolutely RIPS those people and their city... and they LOVED him for it, that was pure genius
[Reply]
RunKC 04:50 PM 09-26-2016

Andy's coaching record is HOF worthy, but I'm left wondering what many have said here before.

"Andy was a .500 ish coach without Jim Johnson." Is that true? I didn't want to believe that at first, but the more and more I see, the more I'm believing it.
The Chiefs defense has carried this team every single year and that's not debatable.

I would additionally ask you to watch the rest of the NFL. Are you watching the Broncos scoring 4 TD's with a first year 7th rd QB in his first road game? Are you watching Jacoby fucking Brissett look awesome in his first ever start? Are you watching Dak Prescott look good in Dallas? Are you watching Andy's old pal Doug making a rookie QB look amazing?
We all know that the NFL is about coaching and systems. That's why Semen looks good and Brock looks like shit. So let me ask you...why isn't Andy's system working? It's year 4 and you have more than enough talent at your disposal, but yet your offense is struggling to score.
It's one of 2 things: the system is broken or the QB sucks. Either way, it's on Andy.

I'm not saying that Andy needs to go. I'm rightfully criticizing him bc his offense still can't score, and a coach known for being an offensive genius shouldn't be having these problems.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:07 PM 09-26-2016
On top of that, I would still go further and ask why Bob ****ing Sutton is coaching better than Andy?

Andy has veterans who know this system, have played in it for years and are very talented, yet his offense can't score.

Sutton has Frank ****ing Zombo instead of an elite pass rusher, a very young secondary with little experience and a new ILB with no experience and the defense has been fantastic for 10/12 quarters.

Why can't Andy get his offense going but Sutton can get the defense going in a far worse situation?
[Reply]
Page 36 of 240
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up