ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Goodell looking toward 18-game season, more international games
tk13 12:41 PM 04-26-2024
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...end-super-bowl

Originally Posted by :
Goodell, during an appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" on Friday, shared his long-term vision, one that involves numerous changes to the season's current format.

Specifically, Goodell said he would embrace a schedule featuring 18 regular-season games and two preseason contests, a significant shift from the current 17 regular-season and three preseason contests that was implemented in 2021.

"I think we're good at 17 now," Goodell said. "But, listen, we're looking at how we continue. I'm not a fan of the preseason." Then, gesturing toward a group of fans assembled nearby, Goodell said, "And I don't think these guys like it either." He continued: "The reality is, I'd rather replace a preseason game with a regular-season game any day. That's just picking quality. If we get to 18 and 2, that's not an unreasonable thing."

Adding an additional regular-season game could, theoretically, result in a second bye week being added, which would lengthen the regular season. But Goodell would welcome that, he said, as he envisions a Presidents Day weekend built around the Super Bowl on Sunday night.

---

Goodell also spoke about a future increase to the number of games played internationally, saying he envisions as many as 16 regular-season games being played abroad, perhaps, within the next 10 years. The NFL is adding additional international markets, including Brazil this year and Spain next year.

As for whether a team or division will ever be based overseas, Goodell seemed less certain.

"Will a franchise ever happen or a division?" he said. "Maybe. I think that's beyond 10 years though."

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:39 AM 04-27-2024
More Pee Cock!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up