ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 138
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:32 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
The bears are trolling their fans.
FYP
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:01 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The problem there is we already have enough needs as it is including DE even with Clark on the roster. Get rid of Clark (which I do think is the right move) and our DE depth chart is probably one of the worst in the league. The clear answer is to draft a DE, but you generally don't find elite DE talent in the draft outside of the first round. And considering the first two picks this year probably should include strong consideration at WR and LT, that seems to leave us in a bit of a pickle.

Of course KC does have next year's draft, and that's absolutely why anyone hoping we trade a 2022 1st in some trade for a LT needs to forget that idea. 1st round picks are way too valuable to be trading them off.
They MIGHT have next year's draft. I agree, it shouldn't be an option to trade that 1st.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:10 AM 03-25-2021
Everything depends on how this draft falls and how Veach ranks this draft class prospects at OT, WR, DE and LB. I don’t care how Veach uses his draft picks because he’s PROVEN to be GREAT at finding talent in the draft. He clearly said in his press conference that he sees this as an especially deep and talented class at WR and OT. I assure you he hasn’t had more than 3-4 hours of sleep every night because he’s watching every inch of tape on these guys he can get his hands on. He has his team will be ready to make moves this draft to secure the most talented prospects he can get for the spots we desperately need infusions of talent at.

I EXPECT LT to be at the top of that list.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:12 AM 03-25-2021
Mentioned this in the draft forum, but I’m warming up to Liam Eichenberg. I mentioned before that many have thought for weeks that he’s the favorite and he seems to be what Andy looks for.

He’s big, strong and very smart but doesn’t play to his length and can struggle against speed rushers.

If we sign Okung and sit this dude and have him learn then fine. I could also see him start day 1. He’s not overly athletic but just does the job.

He’s “decent” kinda like Fisher i.e. he could develop into a tackle that is quiet and isn’t struggling very often.

I’d be fine with that if Andy thinks he’s the guy
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:15 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some of these guys are really fucking stupid. Good job Juju. Take less and risk losing it all on one play. Eric Fisher is the prime example.

Take the money while it’s there, especially if you are coming off a rookie contract.
Dude knows he won't get a bunch of targets being the 3rd option...only read I saw him returning to pittsburgh to make bank next year
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:20 AM 03-25-2021
Mentioned this in the draft forum, but I’m warming up to Liam Eichenberg. I mentioned before that many have thought for weeks that he’s the favorite and he seems to be what Andy looks for.

He’s big, strong and very smart but doesn’t play to his length and can struggle against speed rushers.

If we sign Okung and sit this dude and have him learn then fine. I could also see him start day 1. He’s not overly athletic but just does the job.

He’s “decent” kinda like Fisher i.e. he could develop into a tackle that is quiet and isn’t struggling very often.

Yep.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:23 AM 03-25-2021

I'm curious (and forgive me if this has come up elsewhere and I've missed it):

If Eric Fisher were in this draft, where does everyone think he would be?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:24 AM 03-25-2021
Eichenberg seems to be a high floor player.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:39 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Eichenberg seems to be a high floor player.
High floor, low ceiling. He’s probably a B level starter.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Kind of like Eric Fisher. Only with a top 3 LG playing next to him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I'm curious (and forgive me if this has come up elsewhere and I've missed it):

If Eric Fisher were in this draft, where does everyone think he would be?
late first, early second.

He was basically somewhere between Cosmi and Eichenberg.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:45 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That would be a perfectly fine situation.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-25-2021
Am I going to be excited with Eichenberg at 31? No.

Would I understand it? Yeah.

I think he could step in day one as a starter and not have a ton of issues. He doesn’t have a ton of untapped potential. But I’m not sure we can afford to go for that right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:46 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kind of like Eric Fisher. Only with a top 3 LG playing next to him.
I think he’s less athletic than Fisher. But he for sure has better technique coming out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 AM 03-25-2021

I'm OK with it... but my thought is that if you're signing Okung to let the guy adjust and improve anyway, why not shoot for more upside?

Dillon Radunz is WAY more athletic. He is really technically sound and savvy and consistent, according to scouting reports. He might need some time to adjust to the talent level of the NFL.

Similar concept on Walker Little.

Ballgame changes if they're looking for a guy who can start in Game 1, I guess. But I have a hard time seeing Veach take a "good enough" option.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 138
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Up