ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 138
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I said "about every free agent WR". I didn't say every free agent WR.

Added all teh smoke about the Chiefs looking to add weapons, yeah, I'd say there aren't ready to rely on Hardman too awful much.
2 isn’t “about every free agent WR” you dumb motherfucker.

So anything more than 1 is “about every”?

JFC
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:45 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
To be honest, WR isn’t really a position where I want a stop gap.

This team needs to be drafting and developing WR’s every year.

Draft somebody on day 2 and re-sign Sammy if you must have a veteran.
The problem is that it not realistic to think a rookie WR will be a big contributor in Andy's system since it takes so long to learn. It is also not realistic to think they can fill so many holes in one draft.

Now that there is no decent free agent WR available, I'm thinking it is a pretty safe opinion to say that this team's free agency approach has been a failure on the WR front. It is also still looking grim on the LT front. And there has been no improvement on D either.

I know people keep saying there is still time to sign people, but the decent options are all just about gone. I'm really not sure why this team is saving money but I'm hoping there is something big coming that we cannot see right now.

And yes, this is a little doom and gloom, but I just don't see the options available to change things. I'm not going to keep harping on it, but the approach this team is taking this offseason has been extremely disappointing. I don't care how great Veach has been the last couple seasons, that doesn't mean we cannot opine that this offseason is looking like a failure. Hopefully, Mahomes can make scrubs like Pringle and Hardman look better than they have been in the past with hopefully better Oline protection. Let's hope.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:45 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sorry updated depth chart is Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Callaway, Kemp, Dieter
Kemp is special teams and Dieter sucks Mahomes meat during halftime.

Hardly counts for anything

Pringle and Hardman better get their shit together, or it's a problem.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:47 PM 03-24-2021
Nick Jacobs
@Jacobs71
·
16h
Per source CB K’Waun Williams is leaving the #Chiefs without a contract.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:48 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I said "about every free agent WR". I didn't say every free agent WR.

Added all teh smoke about the Chiefs looking to add weapons, yeah, I'd say there aren't ready to rely on Hardman too awful much.
WR market is dry now. They don’t have a left tackle yet and C and DE are needs that hopefully get done this week with Reiter and Ingram.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:48 PM 03-24-2021
I don’t trust that Hardman can be a #2
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:48 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Nick Jacobs
@Jacobs71
·
16h
What do you think 16h means?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
The problem is that it not realistic to think a rookie WR will be a big contributor in Andy's system since it takes so long to learn. It is also not realistic to think they can fill so many holes in one draft.
I’m just going to stop you right here.

The Chiefs essentially have two top 5 WR’s. They aren’t relying on whoever they sign or draft to be a “big contributor”, especially early on. They will have plenty of time to learn and get their feet wet. The hope is that they can be a contributor down the stretch, which is entirely possible.

It doesn’t matter whether you sign a veteran or draft a guy, they’re still behind Kelce, Hill, and probably CEH in the pecking order.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:48 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Nick Jacobs
@Jacobs71
·
16h
Welcome to 4 hours ago...
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 03-24-2021
Also, too much is made of the Chiefs offense being too difficult for a rookie WR to contribute.

Hardman and Tyreek both had 500+ yards and multiple TD’s as rookies in this offense. And those are 2 guys that were still learning the fucking position more or less the offense.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:52 PM 03-24-2021
We also have some promising UDFAs from last year that have had a year to learn the system.

It’s possible one of those guys steps up and pushes for playing time.

Multiple WR spots being available with the best QB in the game will motivate some of these kids to play above their ceiling.
[Reply]
O.city 01:52 PM 03-24-2021
2 isn’t “about every free agent WR” you dumb mother****er.

So anything more than 1 is “about every”?

JFC
The Chiefs have been aggressive for receiver help. They've been in, to some degree, on many of the big names -- JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel and A.J. Green.

Per Jeremy Fowler.

So yeah, I'd say thats "about every free agent WR".

And calm down.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:52 PM 03-24-2021
Remember the name JODY FORTSON JR!!
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 03-24-2021
Also, too much is made of the Chiefs offense being too difficult for a rookie WR to contribute.

Hardman and Tyreek both had 500+ yards and multiple TD’s as rookies in this offense. And those are 2 guys that were still learning the ****ing position more or less the offense.
My issue is, alot of that was somewhat gimmicky stuff, not necessarily WR stuff.

They need someone to come in and be able to win 1 on 1 out at the X in the intermediate area.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:53 PM 03-24-2021
I’m just going to stop you right here.

The Chiefs essentially have two top 5 WR’s. They aren’t relying on whoever they sign or draft to be a “big contributor”, especially early on. They will have plenty of time to learn and get their feet wet. The hope is that they can be a contributor down the stretch, which is entirely possible.

It doesn’t matter whether you sign a veteran or draft a guy, they’re still behind Kelce, Hill, and probably CEH in the pecking order.
So when NE or TB takes Hill and Kelce away, we are going to rely on a rookie WR as our go to option? In the 2018 AFC championship, Sammy stepping up was a huge part of the comeback to force OT after a horrible first half. In the Super Bowl this year, nobody stepped up and mahomes has nobody open even when he had time. Who's going to step up now? A rookie? God, I hope so. or maybe Callaway? those options do not give me too much confidence though. i hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 138
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Up