ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 221
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
bdj23 08:57 PM 10-02-2015
I hooked another 20lb Asian Carp on my ultra lite a few days ago. Good fun fight. Took me a while to get it in with the 8lb line.

No pics this time, it was right before work so I didn't even pull his smelly ass out of the water.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:58 PM 10-02-2015
You're in Pensacola, no shit?

That's the EXACT town I've chose to move to long ago based on size (50k or so, right?) and other factors... down on the panhandle where the oceans just as beautiful, the beach culture just as prevalent... and the prices much cheaper.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:59 PM 10-02-2015
I am still high from the thrill of that fish. Been permasmiling since the hook set.
[Reply]
beach tribe 09:02 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're in Pensacola, no shit?

That's the EXACT town I've chose to move to long ago based on size (50k or so, right?) and other factors... down on the panhandle where the oceans just as beautiful, the beach culture just as prevalent... and the prices much cheaper.
No I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, but I remember you saying that is where you were headed, and I lived there for 8 years so I know the area.
The Beach there is my favorite of any I've seen.....and I have see A LOT.
Pulverized white quartz. As beautiful as they get.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:06 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I hooked another 20lb Asian Carp on my ultra lite a few days ago. Good fun fight. Took me a while to get it in with the 8lb line.

No pics this time, it was right before work so I didn't even pull his smelly ass out of the water.
What did ya get him with, some typical carp bait like a doughball or corn?

Some kids a way down from me a while ago were hitting them with bow fishing rigs from a bridge a while back, it was really impressive... those shit fish are HUGE, its a real shame they aren't worth eating.

Lotta meat on a fish that size.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:22 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
No I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, but I remember you saying that is where you were headed, and I lived there for 8 years so I know the area.
The Beach there is my favorite of any I've seen.....and I have see A LOT.
Pulverized white quartz. As beautiful as they get.

I have wanted to fish off the coast for years. I would love to live in Florida.

Not sure why I haven't done it yet.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:47 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What did ya get him with, some typical carp bait like a doughball or corn?

Some kids a way down from me a while ago were hitting them with bow fishing rigs from a bridge a while back, it was really impressive... those shit fish are HUGE, its a real shame they aren't worth eating.

Lotta meat on a fish that size.
I snagged him in the fin with a crappie tube. They are fitler feeders so they are extremely hard to hook in the mouth.

I think I might head out in the am and hit the Kansas river to see if I can get one last big one.
[Reply]
The Poz 07:55 PM 12-01-2015
Finalizing an ice fishing trip with the fella's for early Feb up in the Kawarthas (2 hours North/East of Toronto). Haven't fished the ice since I was quite young. Any advice out there? I was at Bass Pro today but didn't have time to pick the brains of the staff so I just grabbed a couple lures - vertical jig and a sinker.
Cheers.
[Reply]
beach tribe 12:51 PM 12-02-2015
So I've started working with a fluke, and we just hit prime for Bass in SoFlo.
Wore them them F out this morning.
Feels like I caught one every 2nd cast with a couple of 3 lbers.

I'm using a lighter set up than usual so the fights are intense. My retrieval skill with a fish on the line is night and day form last year, when i would still get excited and just drag the fish in. I think i could get a larger bass in on 6lb test.

The lunker Bass is the last fresh water fish this guy has left to tackle, and I will tell you as a man with shit load of experience, he is one hell of a hunt.
Hard, hard fish to catch.

Very smart to be a stupid ass fish. I have a good feeling he's coming in soon. I'll of course post pics.
[Reply]
Dunit35 12:55 PM 12-02-2015
Going on a winter Texoma striper trip next week. Chance of rain last I looked but low wind and decent temperatures. We're going for two days with a mix of striper and blue cats.
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:01 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Going on a winter Texoma striper trip next week. Chance of rain last I looked but low wind and decent temperatures. We're going for two days with a mix of striper and blue cats.
Shit, when i'm going fishing chance of rain is what I want to see.

I've caught more fish 10 min into a light rain than at any other time.
Not bad right after either.
[Reply]
Dunit35 01:05 PM 12-02-2015

20% chance for the Friday and a 60% chance for the Saturday. I don't mind a light rain. I'm more concerned with the 10-20mph projected winds.
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:20 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
20% chance for the Friday and a 60% chance for the Saturday. I don't mind a light rain. I'm more concerned with the 10-20mph projected winds.
Yeah, I've read all kinds of shit saying that wind doesn't affect fish behavior much, and to for those people I have just one question:

What did the five fingers say to the face?

They say: "from east bite least, from west bite best"

I saw high wind, pack it in.

maybe the winds will only kick when the rain is falling hard. good luck, bro.
[Reply]
loochy 01:32 PM 12-02-2015

I mostly fly fish for trout in very clear water. Yeah, rainy days are usually the best. A slight wind doesn't hurt either, although it makes casting very difficult. The wind/rain surface disturbance does a good job of making the fisherman less visible.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:00 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by loochy:
I mostly fly fish for trout in very clear water. Yeah, rainy days are usually the best. A slight wind doesn't hurt either, although it makes casting very difficult. The wind/rain surface disturbance does a good job of making the fisherman less visible.
Hides the flaws in your lures as well.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 221
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up