ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 221
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:11 PM 02-22-2017
It's obviously unseasonably warm here this year(thanks #global warming)...I took one of my daughters down to the pond a couple of days ago and threw some plastic worms into open water...in Feb....In Iowa....Awesome.

The water was crisp clear and we could see where the fish were and weren't, which has only resulted in my desire to build some additional structure to sink....

Anyway, she managed to winch in our first fish of the year which was a respectable bass.

Entering year 4 of my pond and I'm thinking this is the first summer where I might have a legit shot at a 5lb bass in the pond. My guess is 4 will stop them this year....but there is a chance which is exciting. Catching a 7lb bass from the pond I built will be one of my best days.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 04:31 PM 02-22-2017
My Brother in Law keeps sending me photo's of 10-11 lb bass he's catching at Lake Toho in Kissimmee. He's catching 3-4 that size every day for the last month.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:36 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
My Brother in Law keeps sending me photo's of 10-11 lb bass he's catching at Lake Toho in Kissimmee. He's catching 3-4 that size every day for the last month.
Never heard of anyone catching that many. Sure it's not the same fish changing poses ?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:40 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Here's a picture of a picture from several years ago but I think you get the point.

Couple hours work
Outstanding, what a fish fry that must've resulted in

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Boys the pond bass are on. I fished a 1/4 ox black and blue jig with a motor oil lizard today and the big fish were all over it. Been a couple years since i caught big fish like today. 1 would go 6 plus. One over 5 and 3 in the 3 pond range. Then a single blade chartruse spinnerbait fished slow on downed trees an hammered em agai. One good fish but bunches of 12-15 in fish

Good day for sure!
Sure sounds like it

Originally Posted by Iowanian:
It's obviously unseasonably warm here this year(thanks #global warming)...I took one of my daughters down to the pond a couple of days ago and threw some plastic worms into open water...in Feb....In Iowa....Awesome.

The water was crisp clear and we could see where the fish were and weren't, which has only resulted in my desire to build some additional structure to sink....

Anyway, she managed to winch in our first fish of the year which was a respectable bass.

Entering year 4 of my pond and I'm thinking this is the first summer where I might have a legit shot at a 5lb bass in the pond. My guess is 4 will stop them this year....but there is a chance which is exciting. Catching a 7lb bass from the pond I built will be one of my best days.
I remember the pics from when you were building it, would love to see some from year 4 if you get a chance

Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
Those Florida guys have it so good, they dont even know

I'm getting out this weekend to one of my fave spots come hell or high water, its supposed to be around 60... thats good enough for me
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:42 PM 02-22-2017
We caught our limit on stripers at James A Reed today,good times. I even managed to pull in a (estimate) 9-10 lb Channel Cat
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:44 PM 02-22-2017

You sunk a truck in there right?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:33 PM 02-22-2017

[Reply]
Iowanian 11:29 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
You sunk a truck in there right?

Not exactly. I put an old Chevy on an island and built a deck in the back of it. I sat on it tonight, drank a high life with the kids watching bobbers not go under and shot a muskrat.

It's mine.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:04 AM 02-23-2017

Sweet! And now a foot of snow!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:36 AM 02-23-2017
We caught our limit on stripers at James A Reed today,good times. I even managed to pull in a (estimate) 9-10 lb Channel Cat
Really? How big? I have always wanted to go there but just haven't since I am on the KS side. Seems like a good place for my kayak. It's pretty heavily fished isn't it?
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:59 AM 02-23-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Really? How big? I have always wanted to go there but just haven't since I am on the KS side. Seems like a good place for my kayak. It's pretty heavily fished isn't it?
They were all under 4lbs but good fishing anyway. Yes it's always pretty crowded but there are 11 or 12 little ponds out there they call lakes. It's good fishing if the water is up and the spillways are working.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:36 PM 02-24-2017
They were all under 4lbs but good fishing anyway. Yes it's always pretty crowded but there are 11 or 12 little ponds out there they call lakes. It's good fishing if the water is up and the spillways are working.
There is definitely nothing wrong with that kind of fishing action. Stripers and wipers are some of the hardest fighters out there.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:52 PM 02-27-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/out...134884674.html

Great article in the KC Star about Blue Catfish conversation.

I'd like to see the same thing with Flathead too.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:42 AM 02-28-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/out...134884674.html

Great article in the KC Star about Blue Catfish conservation.

I'd like to see the same thing with Flathead too.
FYP...I looked forever in the article on how blues talk to each other.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:46 AM 02-28-2017
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
FYP...I looked forever in the article on how blues talk to each other.
:-)

I was thinking "DAMN ! That's why I can't catch those big bastards. They're putting out the word"
[Reply]
Page 120 of 221
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up