ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Denver Metro & Front Range Forecast for the Next 3 Days
DenverChief 08:54 PM 03-12-2024
SNUR!!

And lots of it! Between 8” and 48” from the east metro to the foothills. I-25 from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. Expected to be a heavy wet snow that will break trees and down power lines. Be prepared! I’ll be out working so if you need anything gimme a jingle here.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:05 PM 03-13-2024
The mountains are going to get dumped on but it's unclear if outside of the foothills it'll amount to anything other than just under a foot. Then when the sun comes out on Friday and Saturday it'll all be gone.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:07 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by alanm:
Usually we get the weather coming off the front range here in Scottsbluff. But there's not even any mention of snow the next few days. So what gives? :-)
Because snow doesn't like Nebraska. :-)

I think it's the reverse cyclone thing and it's going to kick it over to Kansas more than Nebraska.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:32 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by alanm:
Usually we get the weather coming off the front range here in Scottsbluff. But there's not even any mention of snow the next few days. So what gives? :-)
It's an upslope system coming roughly from east to west, which is how we get our bigger snows. The system gets trapped against the mountains so it doesn't move and dumps on us continuously.

I don't know what happens afterwards in those systems, if the system eventually reverses and moves east or if it just exhausts itself in Colorado. But it may be the latter.

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
The mountains are going to get dumped on but it's unclear if outside of the foothills it'll amount to anything other than just under a foot. Then when the sun comes out on Friday and Saturday it'll all be gone.
That's my bet. Maybe a foot, but then gone. Our highs both days will be above freezing, and on Friday it'll be well above freezing.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:43 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's an upslope system coming roughly from east to west, which is how we get our bigger snows. The system gets trapped against the mountains so it doesn't move and dumps on us continuously.

I don't know what happens afterwards in those systems, if the system eventually reverses and moves east or if it just exhausts itself in Colorado. But it may be the latter.

That's my bet. Maybe a foot, but then gone. Our highs both days will be above freezing, and on Friday it'll be well above freezing.
That’s what I expect as well. We already got the call from my children’s school district saying that school was canceled tomorrow despite it being a day off anyways. Thankfully the front of our house faces south so we will get all the sun when it comes back out and it will melt most of the snow that same day. Less shoveling for me!
[Reply]
notorious 06:48 PM 03-13-2024
Just got into Salida for a ski trip to Monarch tomorrow and Friday.

Talk of it being closed. Son on a bitch.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:53 PM 03-13-2024
You people be careful out there
[Reply]
Katipan 09:18 PM 03-14-2024
It's been snowing for 26 hours and we still have another 10 to go. 🫣
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:40 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
It's been snowing for 26 hours and we still have another 10 to go. 🫣
I got 8” last night how about you?
[Reply]
Katipan 09:42 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I got 8” last night how about you?
None
😭😭

Do you really need all 8?
A girl can't borrow 4?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:51 PM 03-14-2024
I got about 18 inches
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:54 PM 03-14-2024
I’m up to 15 in the back yard and it’s still dumping in Colorado Springs.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:12 AM 03-15-2024
We're done in the metro area.
Hopefully done with winter too.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:35 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just got into Salida for a ski trip to Monarch tomorrow and Friday.

Talk of it being closed. Son on a bitch.
Monarch kicks ass.
[Reply]
Donger 07:41 AM 03-15-2024
Finished up with 26" at my place. And only one broken limb that I can see so far. They haven't bothered to plow my street yet either.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:49 AM 03-15-2024
I ended up with about 2 ft and I'm in the foothills.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up