ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Denver Metro & Front Range Forecast for the Next 3 Days
DenverChief 08:54 PM 03-12-2024
SNUR!!

And lots of it! Between 8” and 48” from the east metro to the foothills. I-25 from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. Expected to be a heavy wet snow that will break trees and down power lines. Be prepared! I’ll be out working so if you need anything gimme a jingle here.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:25 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
The "rule" is Mother's Day, actually.
That’s pretty accurate. Our rule of thumb for planting (or at least moving outside) any warm weather plants has been ~ mid May.
[Reply]
Donger 08:31 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s pretty accurate. Our rule of thumb for planting (or at least moving outside) any warm weather plants has been ~ mid May.
A few years ago about this time of year, I was at "Home Depot" in the plant section. It was about 70F. Went to check out and there was a couple in front of me with a flat bed full of flowers. The woman was saying, "I don't see why everyone says winters here are bad!! It's gorgeous out!!"

I asked, "Are you new to Colorado?"

The woman said, "Yes! We just moved from California!!"

I asked if they were planning on planting those flowers into the ground.

"Well, of course silly!!"

I just smiled as the man looked at me with a "Wait, why is he smiling?" look on his face.

Must have been about $400 worth flowers....
[Reply]
Katipan 08:38 AM 03-13-2024
A few years ago about this time of year, I was at "Home Depot" in the plant section. It was about 70F. Went to check out and there was a couple in front of me with a flat bed full of flowers. The woman was saying, "I don't see why everyone says winters here are bad!! It's gorgeous out!!"

I just smiled as the man looked at me with a "Wait, why is he smiling?" look on his face.

Wow Donger.
Nosey and then unhelpful.

If we weren't aleady besties my vagina would retract into my stomach.
[Reply]
Donger 08:42 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Wow Donger.
Nosey and then unhelpful.

If we weren't aleady besties my vagina would retract into my stomach.
Not my fault that neither of them bothered to ask why I asked that. And she was a little snooty as well.

Welcome to Colorado.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:51 AM 03-13-2024

Every year we see or hear that from someone, especially on Nextdoor. The ones who have been here long enough know better than to trust these "false Springs". Like clockwork though some will plant something outside during this time of year only to be disappointed when the inevitable snow and cold come back.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:53 AM 03-13-2024
Not my fault that neither of them bothered to ask why I asked that. And she was a little snooty as well.

Welcome to Colorado.
Why I go to Lowes.
[Reply]
Donger 08:54 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Every year we see or hear that from someone, especially on Nextdoor. The ones who have been here long enough know better than to trust these "false Springs". Like clockwork though some will plant something outside during this time of year only to be disappointed when the inevitable snow and cold come back.
I just do what Katipan's vagina tells me to do.
[Reply]
Donger 08:54 AM 03-13-2024
Why I go to Lowes.
Elitist snob.
[Reply]
DenverChief 03:59 PM 03-13-2024
Elitist snob.
:-)
[Reply]
Katipan 04:07 PM 03-13-2024
MEAN BOYS
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:10 PM 03-13-2024
I threw a couple of crackers out for our resident squirrels to help them ride out the storm. My wife also made a cake so we can burrow in for the next couple of days.
[Reply]
Katipan 04:13 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I threw a couple of crackers out for our resident squirrels to help them ride out the storm. My wife also made a cake so we can burrow in for the next couple of days.
That will be handy when I get stranded.
I'm assuming DenverChief can get me to your house.

Also, DC, where does Kyle Clark live?
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:18 PM 03-13-2024
That will be handy when I get stranded.
I'm assuming DenverChief can get me to your house.

Also, DC, where does Kyle Clark live?
I'm in the house with the trees in the front yard. And some squirrels.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:26 PM 03-13-2024
https://youtu.be/_XCRLDUl6sM?si=R3QuZ6zY_d4QRtXH
[Reply]
tredadda 04:36 PM 03-13-2024
It’s people like you! We have squirrels come into our backyard all the time and dig up my wife’s flower bulbs and drive our Corgi crazy as they run along the back fence and into a tree in our neighbor’s yard. She swears someone feeds them as they occasionally drop a peanut or two in our yard. They also shred our sunflowers in late summer. You are part of the enabler crowd.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up