ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 211
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:33 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Motherfucking DishNetwork and FSN are in a goddamn dispute so I have lost my FSMW channel.

I am about to lose my fucking shit.

It’s aggravating that’s for sure...glad the Chiefs are now in training camp.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:23 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Haven’t really been following baseball that close this year(Royals are tanking) but was pleasantly surprised to see you guys in first. Congrats!
they have been playing uninspired mediocre baseball for most of the year. 6th highest payroll in baseball filled with overpaid, underperforming veterans. At least for the last 15 games they have been playing great in an average division. Got the Astros, Cubs, Dodgers and A’s coming up. We will find out soon if this was a mirage or a real deal turn around.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:34 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Ya I just can't see why on earth they are holding on to him. He's 30 years old and just look around at this market right now. There is no one even close to Merrifield on the market and even the guys that are on the market they are all rentals. Moving forward there are guys that are free agents that teams could reasonably say if I cant get Merrifield for x amount then I'll just give this guy some cash and move on or more guys that are starting to enter into their final years on their contracts that would overlap with a Merrifield and thats all assuming he continues to be a 5+ WAR player.
:-)
Nice dumb take
[Reply]
jd1020 01:20 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
:-)
Nice dumb take
Spoken like a Royals fan who doesnt want to see the player who he just bought a jersey for traded no matter how meaningless his future is to the teams chances of competing down the line.

It's the equivalent to the Cubs when they held onto Castro in the middle of their intentionally tanking years. Only it actually made a little bit of sense for the Cubs to hang on to Castro given his age up until the point when they traded for Russell when they already had Baez in the minors. Castro had 1 bad year and bounced back and they should have traded him right then because you knew where the future lied. Instead they held onto him for another year and he crashed again and they wound up with fucking Adam Warren who they traded back to the same team they got him from 7 months later because he was terrible.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:49 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they have been playing uninspired mediocre baseball for most of the year. 6th highest payroll in baseball filled with overpaid, underperforming veterans. At least for the last 15 games they have been playing great in an average division. Got the Astros, Cubs, Dodgers and A’s coming up. We will find out soon if this was a mirage or a real deal turn around.
Better to be in first than doing what my Pirates are doing. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:21 PM 07-27-2019
Spoken like a Royals fan who doesnt want to see the player who he just bought a jersey for traded no matter how meaningless his future is to the teams chances of competing down the line.

It's the equivalent to the Cubs when they held onto Castro in the middle of their intentionally tanking years. Only it actually made a little bit of sense for the Cubs to hang on to Castro given his age up until the point when they traded for Russell when they already had Baez in the minors. Castro had 1 bad year and bounced back and they should have traded him right then because you knew where the future lied. Instead they held onto him for another year and he crashed again and they wound up with fucking Adam Warren who they traded back to the same team they got him from 7 months later because he was terrible.

It’s not about sentiment. It’s about the value you’re receiving back.

If the best they’re getting offers for is a package that doesn’t even have a single top 100 guy in it, there’s no point in trading him 4.5 years out.

With that amount of control, you can wait the market out a little bit, at least to the offseason.

And if the returns remain marginal, there’s just not much point. If you’re moving him for scratchers tickets, you can do that at any point moving forward.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:54 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s not about sentiment. It’s about the value you’re receiving back.

If the best they’re getting offers for is a package that doesn’t even have a single top 100 guy in it, there’s no point in trading him 4.5 years out.

With that amount of control, you can wait the market out a little bit, at least to the offseason.

And if the returns remain marginal, there’s just not much point. If you’re moving him for scratchers tickets, you can do that at any point moving forward.
And how is anyone ever suppose to get into negotiations for a player when the asking price is so astronomical and public that you might as well hang a banner saying "I'm not selling!!"
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:06 PM 07-27-2019
Ponce fucking sucks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:07 PM 07-27-2019
And how is anyone ever suppose to get into negotiations for a player when the asking price is so astronomical and public that you might as well hang a banner saying "I'm not selling!!"
5 WAR players under super cheap contracts are incredibly fucking valuable.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:12 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
5 WAR players under super cheap contracts are incredibly fucking valuable.
Super cheap and four more years...
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:13 PM 07-27-2019
Wacha also fucking sucks.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:17 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wacha also ****ing sucks.
Sucks about the arm injury but he also could never develop that 3rd pitch.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:24 PM 07-27-2019
5 WAR players under super cheap contracts are incredibly ****ing valuable.
Of course, but age is against this particular player especially considering he is a speed guy and no one is going to give up 3 MLB ready prospects/players for him. You arent building a team around Whit Merrifield.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:39 PM 07-27-2019
Of course, but age is against this particular player especially considering he is a speed guy and no one is going to give up 3 MLB ready prospects/players for him. You arent building a team around Whit Merrifield.
Look at what the Indians gave up for Brad Hand and Andrew Miller, neither of whom you'd build a team around.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:44 PM 07-27-2019
Look at what the Indians gave up for Brad Hand and Andrew Miller, neither of whom you'd build a team around.
Indians gave up 1 guy for Hand didn't they and there was also another very good reliever in that trade headed to Cleveland. Granted who they gave up was one of the best prospects in the game but he was also a catcher who had questions about if he had enough contact in his swing to stick.

And there's always been a premium put on pitching, especially left handed pitching.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 211
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up