ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**Vinnie Pasquantino MLB Debut Gameday Thread [TEX (Gray) -145 @ KC (Heasley) +135]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:19 PM 06-28-2022
News became official on June 27, 2022 that Vinnie Pasquantino was being called up

He makes his debut today, June 28, 2022, batting 6th. As is tradition on CP when a potential future hall-of-famer gets called up and makes his debut, a game thread must be made. First came Witt Jr., then Melendez, now the VP of major league baseball is here and here to stay.

Pitching:

John Gray (RHP) TEX @ Jonathan Heasley (RHP) KC
Lineups:

TEX (35-37)
1. Josh Smith
2. Corey Seager
3. Marcus Semien
4. Kole Calhoun
5. Adolis Garcia
6. Nathaniel Lowe (Josh's older brother)
7. Jonah Heim
8. Brad Miller
9. Steven Duggar

KC (26-46)
1. Whit Merrifield
2. Andrew Benintendi
3. Bobby Witt Jr.
4. MJ Melendez
5. Hunter Dozier
6. VINNIE PASQUANTINO
7. Michael A Taylor
8. Kyle Isbel
9. Nicky Lopez

First pitch is 8:10 Eastern
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:24 PM 06-28-2022
Didn't he get whacked on the Sopranos?
[Reply]
cmh6476 03:26 PM 06-28-2022
was just coming to do this, as I got the Melendez thread earlier in the year. Don't fock up the juju :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:28 PM 06-28-2022
Wut time game?

Edit: I see it , Eye See it!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:29 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
was just coming to do this, as I got the Melendez thread earlier in the year. Don't fock up the juju :-)
I'm undefeated lifetime with CP gameday threads!
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:29 PM 06-28-2022
Check the last line
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:41 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Check the last line
It opened at Tex -125 at KC -105 according to oddshark. The current odds on bovada are Tex -154 @ KC +129, but that's a 25 cent line which is completely insane for baseball. That kind of vig is usually reserved for UFC fights or F1 races. It's usurious. So I interpolated to get to what a 10 cent line would look like, which is what all baseball sides cost at 5dimes before it was banned in USA.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:45 PM 06-28-2022
Here's what the Vinnie owner in my fantasy baseball league posted about this call-up:

Originally Posted by :
I've been angrily and noisily banging the drum for a Vinne Pasquantino promotion for about 2 months now, even going so far as to look into making "Free Vinnie!" T-shirts to sell to KC fans. But at long last, the inept Dayton Moore has actually relented and brought him up! Tom AKA Mr. Bats knows this well, cause he has a Vinne share over in a different AL league. Big thanks to Jerry Dipoto of the Mariners for solving the Carlos Santana problem for KC and allowing them to get their mega stud hitter into the actual MLB lineup.

Vinnie is such a boss, I expect that he will immediately propel me to 1st place, even contributing to QS or ERA as needed. So don't get all cozy up there at the top, danimals - me and Vinne are coming for ya!
What an exciting day for Royals enthusiasts worldwide.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:42 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
This is good information. Where can I lay down a Vegas bet ?
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:08 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
This is good information. Where can I lay down a Vegas bet ?
Don't believe the spin, Hog, I've also never won a gameday thread. I did offer to start one during the losing streak of the regular season though. Hammock Parties said oh hell no and made it himself, and we lost again. You guys needed new mojo, not another regular poster to step up in the rotation, but nobody really gambles like I do and so they didn't see it.

I hate to spend my beginners luck on a regular season Royals game in June, but let's be honest, ain't no one gonna let a noob-in-the-red start a Chiefs gameday thread anytime soon, so this is the gift I can afford to give according to my means.
[Reply]
cmh6476 05:37 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Player career> first game
[Reply]
BWillie 05:45 PM 06-28-2022
0-3, 1BB. 2 line outs.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:51 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Player career> first game
It's Vinnie. I have full confidence that regardless of any superstitional angles that might be in play, he'll just outhit them all.

I have less faith in Pratto.

Vinnie is gonna be a star! I hope KC wears the City Connect uniforms to really kick this thing off right.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:59 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
0-3, 1BB. 2 line outs.
3/5 with 2 doubles and a single. He's ready for this and John Gray throws straight 4 seam fastballs, the one thing that you see all the time in the minors.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:03 PM 06-28-2022
2/4 two singles one rbi

Let’s get it Vinny
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up