ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The most expensive/valuable thing you own?
mr. tegu 05:53 PM 06-05-2022
That is not a house or a car or a house necessity like air conditioners, refrigerators, or other appliances, etc. It would be boring if everyone just had to say their furnace or something. Furniture, electronics, TVs and things like that count though.

It’s clear what expensive means. But by valuable, meaning something’s monetary value, not just personal value.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:04 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I got interested in this and started poking around. I posted some pictures of this photo on a web site that is devoted to space collectibles, and those guys are really knowledgeable about autographs.

They loved it. They confirmed that the autographs were legit, and it's a photo that hasn't been seen before. My photo is a bit of an oddity because it's a group photo of the seven astronauts plus two administrators, with autographs of all nine. I wasn't sure if the two administrators would tank the value for astronaut purists, but these experts said that the administrators added to the interest for serious collectors. One of them estimated that it would bring between $12,000 and $20,000 at auction.

That's a big win for a $20 purchase.
now call antique road show!
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:12 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
now call antique road show!
I'll cry and act like I didn't expect it when they announce the value.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:21 PM 06-15-2022

[Reply]
stevieray 02:38 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'll cry and act like I didn't expect it when they announce the value.
Do it!

...the biggest letdown about that show is people finding out a five dollar painting is really worth 15k, and they look disappointed.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:42 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Do it!

...the biggest letdown about that show is people finding out a five dollar painting is really worth 15k, and they look disappointed.
Yeah, as always, the professionals ruin it. The show is great when you see someone bring in a painting that their grandmother left them that's been hanging in their bathroom, and it turns out to be worth $15k. But I kind of lost interest when I started seeing too many people come in with some ugly piece of pottery that they paid $5,000 for, and they're acting like they don't know what it is.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 02:49 PM 06-15-2022
The two most valuable things I own outside my house, car etc are my bicycle (which will depreciate in value) and a wall clock from the 1860s (which will continue to appreciate)

What makes the wall clock unique is that it is called a blind man’s clock. It has a lever which the owner could tie a string to. At any time, the owner could pull the string and the clock would chime the time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bdj23 05:18 PM 06-15-2022
A gambling addiction
[Reply]
Nickhead 06:21 PM 06-15-2022
for this kansas farmer, it's the dead cattle on his ranch

[Reply]
threebag 09:05 PM 06-15-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I think we need to make CP a closed site.

Posting stuff like this on the internet may get attract the wrong people to your house
That’s why I buy ammo, lots of fucking ammo
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:31 PM 06-16-2022
My underwater dive camera rig and all my dive gear. That son of a bitch hobby is a bottomless pit of money.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:14 PM 06-16-2022
I would say my motorcycle hobby (road racing) is my most expensive "thing" as the amount of money that I put into that every year is disturbing! I won't math it out as if I do I don't think I will like it as much!

My most valuable is my wife (not kidding), but my single most expensive non-essential item is my 65 C-10 that is restored. That truck just keeps going up in value and it is fun to drive!
[Reply]
threebag 01:44 PM 06-16-2022
Bought me a new toy today…

Bad Boy ZT Elite with a 60” deck and a Kawasaki FR730 726cc - 24hp

She mows like a freaking champ
[Reply]
CatinKS 03:00 PM 06-16-2022
I had a commercial Bad Boy same size bought in 2008 for $6400. It had 2 hydrostatic motors, one for each rear wheel so I could mow on steep slopes. I upgraded for the seat similar to those found in a bobcat, really comfortable. I saw some models now where the decks are lighter and a single hydrostatic motor, undersized and could get overheated for less $. How much are they now?
[Reply]
R Clark 04:10 PM 06-16-2022
I started team roping in my old age , I bought a new head horse couple months ago that’s automatic and he’s my most valuable possession other than the truck and trailer I haul him in.
[Reply]
Fishels 08:01 PM 06-16-2022
Sony OLED TV. No regrets
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up