ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The most expensive/valuable thing you own?
mr. tegu 05:53 PM 06-05-2022
That is not a house or a car or a house necessity like air conditioners, refrigerators, or other appliances, etc. It would be boring if everyone just had to say their furnace or something. Furniture, electronics, TVs and things like that count though.

It’s clear what expensive means. But by valuable, meaning something’s monetary value, not just personal value.
[Reply]
Jenson71 08:08 PM 06-06-2022
Probably my treadmill or an iPad. Neither of which cost over $600.00. Slim pickens for thieves here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:11 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
My grandfather’s 1975 Rolex submariner watch. I had it appraised a few years ago at $18,500. I’ve worn it once at my wedding.
I’ve talked myself out of an heirloom quality watch a half dozen times. If for no other reason than my boy would be in the same boat you are - it would sit in a box.

But I want something to become a family heirloom. Theres just no history to speak of in my little family shrub so I’m looking to start it somewhere.

Probably get a really nice rifle at some point and make sure it actually gets used.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:14 PM 06-06-2022
I think collections of specific things count as they are all sort of related, especially where having fish for example requires significant investment beyond just the fish.

That said you can buy one shark for almost $2k and be above many peoples most expensive thing here.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...1+7195&s=ts&r=
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:23 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Probably some if the Persian rugs, we have about 7 10x12 is the biggest and half silk , she came home from an rug auction about 25 years ago with them at the time she got most of them for about 500$ some might be worth 20-40k , I should probably get them appraised at some point , might be the mosaic we got from the Vatican from one of their artisans that had just passed the stone pieces used are absolutely minuscule and it’s a very nice piece that probably worth a bit theses days.

My Scotty Cameron Napa putters have gone up in value but nothing major
High end hand made rugs are up there. You should get the value of those and insure them if they're not already.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:48 PM 06-06-2022
Anybody ever watch the So Expensive series on YouTube? They highlight a lot of hand made products like rugs, tile, shoes, etc.
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:36 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
If it weren't for insurance, dental work would win hands down. Keeping my own ain't cheap.

Coin collection for me.
You have any info on your coin collection? Is it ancient stuff or modern silver, or what?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I’ve talked myself out of an heirloom quality watch a half dozen times. If for no other reason than my boy would be in the same boat you are - it would sit in a box.

But I want something to become a family heirloom. Theres just no history to speak of in my little family shrub so I’m looking to start it somewhere.

Probably get a really nice rifle at some point and make sure it actually gets used.
Is that a thing for you? It’s not for me.

I’m not a nostalgia/souvenir/heirloom guy. My grandma as she was getting older wanted me to go through her shit and see if there was anything of hers I wanted. I couldn’t come up with anything. When she died, I got a few things mom thought I would want. And I keep them around because I have the space and feel like I should. Grandpa before he went into the home gave me a crescent from my great grandpa and that’s cool enough I guess. I’m not freaking out about it.

On my dads side, dad has the first airplane grandpa built. That’s damned cool. He’s also got a D that grandpa bought (I think) new. That’s much less cool. I’d walk away from that in an instant.

Dad sold his Camaro. Mom has a pile of shit she’s sentimental about, but nothing stands out. I guess I do have a book from my great grandpa, but it’s just a cool thing not something I value.

I dunno. I’m just me I guess. I can’t think of anything I can’t live without.

I do like your idea of a rifle though. That’s a good one.
[Reply]
Stewie 11:27 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
You have any info on your coin collection? Is it ancient stuff or modern silver, or what?
It's all accounted for. Wide range of dates and coins.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:32 PM 06-06-2022
Tractor, unless that’s excluded for being a vehicle.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:36 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is that a thing for you? It’s not for me.

I’m not a nostalgia/souvenir/heirloom guy. My grandma as she was getting older wanted me to go through her shit and see if there was anything of hers I wanted. I couldn’t come up with anything. When she died, I got a few things mom thought I would want. And I keep them around because I have the space and feel like I should. Grandpa before he went into the home gave me a crescent from my great grandpa and that’s cool enough I guess. I’m not freaking out about it.

On my dads side, dad has the first airplane grandpa built. That’s damned cool. He’s also got a D that grandpa bought (I think) new. That’s much less cool. I’d walk away from that in an instant.

Dad sold his Camaro. Mom has a pile of shit she’s sentimental about, but nothing stands out. I guess I do have a book from my great grandpa, but it’s just a cool thing not something I value.

I dunno. I’m just me I guess. I can’t think of anything I can’t live without.

I do like your idea of a rifle though. That’s a good one.
Very common.

My mom was sentimental about everything. Border horder.

When we cleaned out the house, a lot went in the trash. Hated to, but neither my sister, myself or any relative needed anything from 1966. or anything else.
[Reply]
Enid Borden 06:47 AM 06-07-2022
An AK.
[Reply]
scho63 07:19 AM 06-07-2022
I bought a contemporary painting from a gallery in New Orleans painted by a Russian artist back in 1998 for $750.

It's worth about $250.

My first and last attempt at buying art.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:23 AM 06-07-2022
A pet hippo.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 AM 06-07-2022
If we're including collections then it would have to be my record collection. The vast majority consists of 1st or limited pressings. I'd say I drop 300-400 bucks a year on albums. Its likely not worth as much on the resale market as the music I enjoy is shit so its likely me and 43 other dorks around the world that would even be interested in it.

Outside of that it would have to be my home audio setup to play my shitty music on.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:08 AM 06-07-2022
I’m usually not one to brag about valuable possessions. But since you asked, I’m presently in possession of an almost full tank of gasoline.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up