Page 8 of 103
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:51 PM 04-09-2022
Old friend alert - Pete Kozma just signed with the Kansas City Monarchs aka the T-Bones.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:50 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Still irritates me that we're going to stunt Yepez's development so we can roll this dude out there to tip his cap and sell tickets. Just a pure turnstile analysis there.
Agreed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pujols got an inside fastball at 94 mph and couldn't even drive it to the warning track. Previous Pujols gets his hands inside that and puts that into Big Mac land. Current Pujols whacks it off the trademark for an easy fly out.

You're gonna see that all season from RH pitching. They're just going to go away for show and then come inside to get him out. Rinse, repeat. You can't send that guy out there against RH starters. He's a .600 OPS waiting to happen.
Let's hope his start against RH pitching was only because of opening day.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:31 AM 04-10-2022
When was the last time you as a Cardinals fan were as excited about a prospect as the folks here in town are about Bobby Witt Jr? These people are convinced he's going to take them to the promised land.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:08 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
When was the last time you as a Cardinals fan were as excited about a prospect as the folks here in town are about Bobby Witt Jr? These people are convinced he's going to take them to the promised land.
About six months before he killed himself in a car crash.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
About six months before he killed himself in a car crash.
As soon as I saw Tavares play, my ceiling for him plummeted.

Looooong swing that needed to be completely rebuilt to succeed at the MLB level, sub-par athleticism and no baseball savvy to speak of.

Honestly I feel like Jorge Soler would’ve been about a best case scenario for him. I was floored by how far he had to go when he got the call.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:39 AM 04-10-2022
Wasn’t he compared to Gregory Polanco as both were coming up around the same time? Probably would have had a similar career.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:12 PM 04-10-2022
Essentially no hyped Cardinals prospect has lived up to expectations in years.

Aside from three great October starts, Wacha was a disappointment.
Taveras goes without saying
Martinez was a headcase that met about 35% of his potential
Rasmus: See Martinez
Brett Wallace: Thank God they traded him for Holliday
Alex Reyes: Total bust

We'll see how Gorman, Carlson, Walker, and Liberatore end up, but it's hard to be too optimistic given recent history.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:13 PM 04-10-2022
Saw a pre-game clip. They were talking about Goldy and Arenado have used the same bat their whole career. This season they switched to a bat that’s an ounce heavier and a inch longer in attempt to create more power.

Called it a hockey puck bat. Supposedly feels the same as their previous bat.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:48 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wasn’t he compared to Gregory Polanco as both were coming up around the same time? Probably would have had a similar career.
I hate that disappointment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:50 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Essentially no hyped Cardinals prospect has lived up to expectations in years.

Aside from three great October starts, Wacha was a disappointment.
Taveras goes without saying
Martinez was a headcase that met about 35% of his potential
Rasmus: See Martinez
Brett Wallace: Thank God they traded him for Holliday
Alex Reyes: Total bust

We'll see how Gorman, Carlson, Walker, and Liberatore end up, but it's hard to be too optimistic given recent history.
Martinez, Rasmussen, Reyes we’re all head cases. Great raw talent but their mental toughness was/is for shit.

Do baseball front offices do the psychological evaluations on draft picks like the NFL? They obviously whiffed on those psyc eval’s.

Tavernas decision making and maturity can happen to any athlete. Players get DWI’s all the time.

Wallace was a win. Can’t fault the team for that trade.

Rasmus same thing. That trade got us another World Championship. Another rare win for the team..

Wacha got injured and was never the same.

Dewitt and his tightwad wallet that cost us big time difference makers were/are
Luis Robert
Titius Jr.

They supposedly wanted to sign with the Cardinals and obviously have been worth the signing bonus. I’m sure there are many more that they cheapskate’d their way out of a deal for a productive player.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:56 PM 04-10-2022
Pirates won't be winless this season.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:02 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Pirates won't be winless this season.
No, but Matz may be. Jesus he was our big offseason win.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:16 PM 04-17-2022
That was some vintage Pujols
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:34 PM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
That was some vintage Pujols
Yea he seems to have found a burst being back in STL. He crushed that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 103
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up