ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Revisit: Trade Tyreek
kccrow 06:12 PM 02-17-2022
I recall a thread in here or in the Lounge either during the season or last offseason about trading Tyreek but I can't seem to find it.

Anyhow, I thought at the time that the very notion was absurd but now I'm having second thoughts. Then again, maybe it's the few brain cells I still call "active" just bouncing around in the endless space they have available.

I know that KC has a need at WR already but they also have to look at the future. I think about the Vikings trading away Stefon Diggs and I thought how stupid it was until they drafted what may be a better player in Justin Jefferson with the 1st round pick they got and saved a load of money in the process.

Now, the Bills gave up a 1st, 5th, 6th, and future 4th for Diggs and a 7th.

When I think about how dynamic Hill is in terms of being a game-changer in a split second, I think he may bring a bigger return.

So, hypothetical...

Let's say a team calls you up that's in desperate need of a sure-fire playmaker because they just don't possess any. My logical thought for such a thing would be the Atlanta Falcons.

Part I

The Falcons offer you the 8th overall pick and their 3rd round pick #74.

You pretend your Bart and field the call. Do you accept the trade and save $18 million on the cap this year, thus rolling the dice by needing both a #1 and #2 receiver, or do you decline and force your hand to pay this guy at least another 90 million (and likely more) over the next 4 years?

Part II

The Falcons are gun shy and don't want to give up the #8 overall but the Eagles call offering 15 and 83 because they think Hill puts them over the top. Would you still do the deal if you'd do it for #8 or would you back out?

Part III

If you still haven't said no freakin' way, at what point do you say no?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:14 PM 02-17-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 06:21 PM 02-17-2022
Nope, not even.

The case can be made for this offense that it's Kelce that makes it hum, but what Tyreek is and how he affects defenses even when he doesn't get the ball just cannot being duplicated by any high pick in the first round. He is THAT unique and dangerous, particularly in this offense. Keep him and Kelce for Mahomes as long as you possibly can, especially while they're still at the tops of their games.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:23 PM 02-17-2022
I’m leaning no right now but I have no idea on what his demands are going to be moving forward.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:25 PM 02-17-2022
pound sand
[Reply]
kccrow 06:41 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nope, not even.

The case can be made for this offense that it's Kelce that makes it hum, but what Tyreek is and how he affects defenses even when he doesn't get the ball just cannot being duplicated by any high pick in the first round. He is THAT unique and dangerous, particularly in this offense. Keep him and Kelce for Mahomes as long as you possibly can, especially while they're still at the tops of their games.
I've definitely been of this thought. He's a unique talent for sure and speed kills.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m leaning no right now but I have no idea on what his demands are going to be moving forward.
Definitely hard to see it through no matter what. I was just trying to think through it. What gave me pause was a potential scenario like:

Sign DJ Chark
1-8 - DE David Ojabo
1-30 - WR Jahan Dotson or say, trade up to like 18 w/ NO with 2nd rounder and get a guy like Burks

Two potential studs on rookie deals can go a long way and you still have speed for days offensively (x2 actually).

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
pound sand
lol. You're on a roll with being ridiculous today.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:55 AM 02-18-2022
It was me who posed the trade Tyreek hypothetical, I could probably find the thread later.

Just to re-iterate, I love Tyreek and think he is the best WR in all of football, but my theory/question was whether Tyreek was better than say Devante Adams AND a top 10 pick, as I think probably every player apart from QB has a price.

In your 2 scenarios, I think I would take the Falcons offer, or maybe try and squeeze abit more out of that (another pick the year after as well, 2nd or 3rd round?), as long as I was confident I could actually sign a #1 replacement like Adams.

I don't think the Eagles offer is enough.

Of course, it would be a fuck up of the highest magnitude to trade Tyreek and then not secure an adequate replacement, so there is some risk there and you would want a "done deal" with the WR replacing him.

A few points:
If people say they would turn down the #1 overall pick for Tyreek, or the #1 overall and the first pick of the 2nd round as well? I think that's madness, you would have to take it.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:58 AM 02-18-2022
The original conversation was here:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...4#post15921214
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:58 AM 02-18-2022
Not unless you really think we should be starting over offensively.

The threat of Tyreek is literally what creates everything in this offense.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:11 AM 02-18-2022
No thank you. I'd be more open to trading Chris Jones who underwhelms but still has some juice in the national spotlight.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:21 AM 02-18-2022
Part I

The Falcons offer you the 8th overall pick and their 3rd round pick #74.

You pretend your Bart and field the call. Do you accept the trade and save $18 million on the cap this year, thus rolling the dice by needing both a #1 and #2 receiver, or do you decline and force your hand to pay this guy at least another 90 million (and likely more) over the next 4 years?

I stick with Tyreek.

Part II

The Falcons are gun shy and don't want to give up the #8 overall but the Eagles call offering 15 and 83 because they think Hill puts them over the top. Would you still do the deal if you'd do it for #8 or would you back out?

I stick with Tyreek.

Part III

If you still haven't said no freakin' way, at what point do you say no?

I'd probably take Jamarr Chase in exchange for Hill. That's about as far as I'd go, though.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:33 PM 02-18-2022
I think we have to stick with Hill.

There's a lot of depth in this year's WR class, but there isn't anyone who I think is surefire elite.

If you're going to trade Hill it should be because there's a guy you want to take who you know will be elite.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 02-18-2022
I'm not trading HOF players while they're right in the middle of their prime. I don't care what the return is.

This is just stupid.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:48 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm not trading HOF players while they're right in the middle of their prime. I don't care what the return is.

This is just stupid.
Are you in the camp of "pay him whatever he wants"?
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Are you in the camp of "pay him whatever he wants"?
There's a financial line in there somewhere I woudln't cross.

It would be pretty high.

If he wants to be the highest paid WR in football, it's hard for me to say he shouldn't be.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up