ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2213 of 2678
« First < 1213171321132163220322092210221122122213 2214221522162217222322632313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
With all the turnover in the WR room, why not lean on a very physical OL to run the ball? I'd love to see the offense have the ability to run a play action set because the run game is established.
Because our RBs are still mediocre and 'establishing the run' is a myth.

Again, through pretty much every study done on this, the effectiveness of the PA game gets extremely marginal returns past about 12-14 carries/gm.

You run the ball a dozen times and it's going to be enough to make the PA game effective. You run it 22 times and it may be a LITTLE more effective, but it will be more than off-set by the 8 additional pass plays at 8 yards a snap you left on the table to take 4.2 YPC in the running game.

We don't need to run more. We need to run better. We need to lean into the strengths of how this OL works and how we can run the football. It's about run game efficiency rather than volume. And CEH (or Jones) just aren't dynamic enough to move that efficiency needle all that much.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
RoJo is hardly a “bum”. Same with CEH. Damien Williams was a “bum” too by that logic, especially before he was a Chief.
I wouldn't say any of them are bums as much as they're just JAGs.

Asking them to actually meaningfully improve the run game is a fools errand, IMO. They're guys who will be exclusively products of how they're used and the OL in front of them.

So again, quit the outside zone shit and get those RPOs down to nothing but the occasional tendency breakers.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wouldn't say any of them are bums as much as they're just JAGs.

Asking them to actually meaningfully improve the run game is a fools errand, IMO. They're guys who will be exclusively products of how they're used and the OL in front of them.

So again, quit the outside zone shit and get those RPOs down to nothing but the occasional tendency breakers.
I think that’s fair, but I think they’ve also both shown some flashes of being a little better than JAGs, and they’re still young, but I have no problem with saying they need to prove that this year.

My expectations aren’t more than possibly being above average, but I want to see what a healthy CEH and RoJo can do behind arguably the best OL in football.

And I agree that we need to just change our approach as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 AM 05-18-2022
I think that’s fair, but I think they’ve also both shown some flashes of being a little better than JAGs, and they’re still young, but I have no problem with saying they need to prove that this year.

My expectations aren’t more than possibly being above average, but I want to see what a healthy CEH and RoJo can do behind arguably the best OL in football.

And I agree that we need to just change our approach as well.
Honestly, I think the difference between JAGs and difference makers isn't even the flashes.

I mean look at Pacheco. That guys a physical marvel. Went 7th round. Because these guys are ALL freaks. They're all guys who can make people look bad on occasion.

The true difference makers just show those 'flashes' far more often and in far more varied circumstances. CEH needs a seem to open and a LB to be a little hesitant so he can press the gap and then throw that little shimmy in there to undress the guy and teleport for another 8-10 yards. But that's it. That's the only way he shows a 'flash'.

RoJo needs to be able to hit a gap at full speed and with his shoulders square. That's how he'll 'flash'.

But a RB who can truly make a difference can flash in either scenario. Or on the edge. Or in a scrum situation. They can show out in different ways so they show out more often.

I'm done caring about 'flashes' with RBs. Any one of them can look amazing from time to time. That's what makes them JAGS. If they couldn't, they'd be grocery baggers. Or, as tha virus says, Bums.

The difference between a good QB and a bad QB isn't their best throws but rather their worst. The difference between a good pitcher and a bad one isn't how much depth they get on their curveball, it's how often they hang it. You look at average break on curves and changes and stuff and for bad pitchers you'll see bad break numbers. But it isn't because they threw 100 curveballs with no depth. It's because they threw 25 that were as good as anything Kershaw can throw, 25 mediocre ones and 50 piles of trash. So when the numbers added up his 'average' curveball had very little movement. But that's not demonstrative of how the pitch actually behaves.

Just as is the case with JAG RBs who 'show flashes'. I just don't care about the moment the stars align for them right before they go back to ticking off 2 yards/carry.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:58 AM 05-18-2022
Yea, exactly, Williams was even worse. Dude didn’t even average 4 YPC in Miami.

RoJo on the other hand averaged 5 YPC 2 years ago.

And he wasn’t exactly a “bum” last year either.

Feel free to keep saying stupid shit though.
He sucks and he's a bum, which is why he got replaced by Lenny and ultimately let go.

I know the lil chiefy in you won't let you admit it, but he's mid af. Just like Clyde.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He sucks and he's a bum, which is why he got replaced by Lenny and ultimately let go.

I know the lil chiefy in you won't let you admit it, but he's mid af. Just like Clyde.
Originally Posted by :
Feel free to keep saying stupid shit though
Since you’re clearly just going to ignore everything I said, because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 05-18-2022
H
The difference between a good QB and a bad QB isn't their best throws but rather their worst. The difference between a good pitcher and a bad one isn't how much depth they get on their curveball, it's how often they hang it. You look at average break on curves and changes and stuff and for bad pitchers you'll see bad break numbers. But it isn't because they threw 100 curveballs with no depth. It's because they threw 25 that were as good as anything Kershaw can throw, 25 mediocre ones and 50 piles of trash. So when the numbers added up his 'average' curveball had very little movement. But that's not demonstrative of how the pitch actually behaves.

Just as is the case with JAG RBs who 'show flashes'. I just don't care about the moment the stars align for them right before they go back to ticking off 2 yards/carry.
This really applies to all position groups, which is why it's better to watch clips of them at their worst rather than a bunch of highlights. Highlights don't tell you much. Watching a player lose a rep tells you a lot more.

I remember watching a game of what was suppose to be Mahomes' worst. I thought to myself, "If that's his worst, you better draft this kid".
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 05-18-2022
Honestly, I think the difference between JAGs and difference makers isn't even the flashes.

I mean look at Pacheco. That guys a physical marvel. Went 7th round. Because these guys are ALL freaks. They're all guys who can make people look bad on occasion.

The true difference makers just show those 'flashes' far more often and in far more varied circumstances. CEH needs a seem to open and a LB to be a little hesitant so he can press the gap and then throw that little shimmy in there to undress the guy and teleport for another 8-10 yards. But that's it. That's the only way he shows a 'flash'.

RoJo needs to be able to hit a gap at full speed and with his shoulders square. That's how he'll 'flash'.

But a RB who can truly make a difference can flash in either scenario. Or on the edge. Or in a scrum situation. They can show out in different ways so they show out more often.

I'm done caring about 'flashes' with RBs. Any one of them can look amazing from time to time. That's what makes them JAGS. If they couldn't, they'd be grocery baggers. Or, as tha virus says, Bums.

This is going to be the breakout year for Darwin Thompson!!! I can feel it!!!!!
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:53 PM 05-18-2022
Rojo isn't a bum he's a serviceable RB which is basically as good as it gets if you don't have one of like five specific running backs
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Rojo isn't a bum he's a serviceable RB which is basically as good as it gets if you don't have one of like five specific running backs
No nuance here sir.

Every RB that isn’t a stud is a BUM!
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:14 PM 05-18-2022
RoJo is at least fast and won't get closed on in wide open gaps like CEH. That's all we need right now.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:44 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
RoJo is at least fast and won't get closed on in wide open GAPs like CEH. That's all we need right now.
This,

And omg it hurts still thinking about CEHs lack of vision and timing. FOLLOW YOUR FUCKING BLOCKS
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:55 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He sucks, dude. Ask any Bucs fan.

He's definitely the type of guy who could prove useful.. but I'm not going to put lipstick on that pig and you shouldn't either.

Most of them aren't actually football fans, but sure.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Most of them aren't actually football fans, but sure.
Living in Florida, I know many Bucs fans, and not many of them would call RoJo a “bum”.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:58 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
First of all, no. J Taylor, Henry, Kamara, Mixon, Elliott, Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt. That's 10 backs off the top of my head. Not even mentioning like 30 other backs who are nothing to write home about but are still better than RoJo and CEH.

If the best thing you can say about a guy is he's "serviceable" then that means he's a bum. If you're serviceable it basically means you need to be replaced as soon as it's feasible to do so, which the Buccaneers did. Combine that with the fact that he was a 2nd round pick.. he's a bum.
[Reply]
Page 2213 of 2678
« First < 1213171321132163220322092210221122122213 2214221522162217222322632313 > Last »
Up