ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2212 of 2678
« First < 1212171221122162220222082209221022112212 2213221422152216222222622312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:28 PM 05-11-2022

I was there too �� @SportingKCII https://t.co/YOIfK1svAe

— Marquez V-S (@MVS__11) May 11, 2022

[Reply]
suzzer99 08:27 AM 05-18-2022

total EPA since 2018:

1. patrick mahomes, 875
2. aaron rodgers, 536
3. tom brady, 514
4. josh allen, 392
5. matthew stafford, 347

17. derek carr, 200

— Tej Seth (@tejfbanalytics) May 18, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patrick wants to run the ball more and use play action. I’ve wanted us to incorporate the Shannan model into the offense for awhile. I think it would be great.

Lot of folks have been saying this for a bit.

Mahomes will have 3-4 different 'eras' throughout his career. We're entering the 2nd era. And it's going to be his physical peak as he continues to evolve mentally.

From this point forward he's going to have to do a little more with a little less from time to time. This is just the natural progression of premier QBs. And sometimes you'll stumble into a high-end weapon through the draft or via value signing/trade, but by and large the days of paying retail price for high-end weapons are in the rearview.

And that's okay. This is when having a great QB will show itself to be more valuable than ever.

The offense will be fine. It will still be very good in fact.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 05-18-2022
Though if Patrick really 'wants to run the football more' it doesn't seem to really jibe with some of the reports of last year noting that Mahomes treated the vast majority of RPOs as passing plays.

He was essentially looking for an excuse to pull/pass on any RPO and was keeping his thumb on the scale rather than truly making a read and going from there.

But yeah, CEH being incredibly average probably had something to do with that. But ultimately I really don't see Ronald Jones or Pacheco doing much to impact that. Just a couple more JAGs, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:18 AM 05-18-2022
I think it’s about the OL.

This OL is so good, we almost have to run the ball more.

Whether it’s CEH or Jones, I think we will be able to do it with relative ease this year.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 09:29 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Whether it’s CEH or Jones, I think we will be able to do it with relative ease this year.
With all the turnover in the WR room, why not lean on a very physical OL to run the ball? I'd love to see the offense have the ability to run a play action set because the run game is established.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:58 AM 05-18-2022
I think theyll endup running a little more with RoJo in the mix.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:04 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
With all the turnover in the WR room, why not lean on a very physical OL to run the ball? I'd love to see the offense have the ability to run a play action set because the run game is established.
Especially early in the year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:07 AM 05-18-2022
RoJo is a bum. This entire RB room is full of bums, honestly.

If we have any success on the ground, it'll be in major part to the OL. I mean, that is pretty much always true, but will be especially so for this group.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:17 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

If we have any success on the ground, it'll be in major part to the OL. I mean, that is pretty much always true, but will be especially so for this group.
He's actually not bad at all. He started off his career looking like crap but he's a useful player.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:19 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's actually not bad at all. He started off his career looking like crap but he's a useful player.
He sucks, dude. Ask any Bucs fan.

He's definitely the type of guy who could prove useful.. but I'm not going to put lipstick on that pig and you shouldn't either.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 AM 05-18-2022

RoJo is hardly a “bum”. Same with CEH. Damien Williams was a “bum” too by that logic, especially before he was a Chief.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:24 AM 05-18-2022
RoJo is hardly a “bum”. Same with CEH. Damien Williams was a “bum” too by that logic, especially before he was a Chief.
Damien was an UDFA backup journeyman who was thrust into a starting role after the Kareem Hunt debacle; totally different career paths. Plus he at least had some sweet dance moves and became one of the most prolific playoff RBs of all-time during his brief run with us.

RoJo is the Buccaneers version of CEH. He sucks and has been a huge disappointment.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 AM 05-18-2022
Damien was an UDFA backup journeyman who was thrust into a starting role after the Kareem Hunt debacle; totally different career paths. Plus he at least had some sweet dance moves and became one of the most prolific playoff RBs of all-time during his brief run with us.

RoJo is the Buccaneers version of CEH. He sucks and has been a huge disappointment.
Yea, exactly, Williams was even worse. Dude didn’t even average 4 YPC in Miami.

RoJo on the other hand averaged 5 YPC 2 years ago.

And he wasn’t exactly a “bum” last year either.

Originally Posted by :
Jones last year gained 239 yards over expected on inside runs, more than any running back besides Derrick Henry. Jones was second in the NFL in expected points added per rush.
Feel free to keep saying stupid shit though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 05-18-2022

How 'bout we try running it RIGHT this time?

Because getting this damn OL and then insisting on outside zone w/ RBs that can't hit an edge was maddening as hell.

Then again, I think that's also something of an offshoot of the RPO heavy nature of our run-game. I just don't know that the timing of the play worked as well for inside running so we tended to go outside zone on an RPO.

Without Hill, I'm comfortable damn near scrapping the RPO game altogether. It's just getting in the way. Its become complicated for complicates sake and teams, having seen more of it, are getting better at disguising their coverages to trick us into bad run/pull choices.

You have an OL that will thrive on power football and you have an elite QB who ideally you still want pulling the trigger 35 times/gm. So the way to get more inside power running WITHOUT taking the ball out of Mahomes hands at a higher rate is to simply get rid of the RPO plays that have seemingly run their course here.
[Reply]
Page 2212 of 2678
« First < 1212171221122162220222082209221022112212 2213221422152216222222622312 > Last »
Up