ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2211 of 2683
« First < 1211171121112161220122072208220922102211 2212221322142215222122612311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
neech 09:17 PM 05-09-2022
I forgot about this play, not sure when it happened. It didn't succeed so that's why it doesn't get much fanfare.

But yeah this is a crazy play.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:01 AM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by neech:
I forgot about this play, not sure when it happened. It didn't succeed so that's why it doesn't get much fanfare.

But yeah this is a crazy play.

It was crazy, but I remember thinking that the Giants did a great job covering that play, like they were not fooled at all. Basically, Mahomes threw it away when it should have been a TD because the Giants were all over it. That was from 2020 season I believe.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:00 AM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
It was crazy, but I remember thinking that the Giants did a great job covering that play, like they were not fooled at all. Basically, Mahomes threw it away when it should have been a TD because the Giants were all over it. That was from 2020 season I believe.
I bet that’s one of those Patrick plays. Too bad it failed.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:46 PM 05-10-2022
Did you know that in really just 4 seasons, Mahomes only has 14 fewer career TDs than Troy Aikman?

Carry on.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:52 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Did you know that in really just 4 seasons, Mahomes only has 14 fewer career TDs than Troy Aikman?

Carry on.
I think that's why Troy Aikman seems to hate Mahomes.

Wait, what?
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 01:08 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
A better bet Mahomes will become 2nd or third NFL player billionaire. With Brady's 10 year deal as a broadcaster after his career ends and advertising, I would think he makes it before players like Mahomes. Reportedly, Roger Staubach is loaded so he may make it before Brady with his investments if they increase in value.

Once you have 200 million, realistically it is probably more about setting up your kids 5 generations down the line and doing other stuff interesting to you whether it is partial team ownership which Mahomes already has or something else.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 01:16 PM 05-11-2022
I think that's why Troy Aikman seems to hate Mahomes.

Wait, what?
I think Aikman doesn't hate Mahomes personally at all but just the people that appointed him so early in his career. Aikman got lucky from the Walker trade that setup Dallas to build quickly but he still joined one of the worst teams in the NFL if not the worst and kind of took a beating. Mahomes joined an Andy Reid playoff team with Kelce well established and Hill starting to absolutely take off.

And Aikman played in a different era in terms of QB environment and under a coach that really stress running and defense which are not exactly stuff that will help his passing numbers at all. They were obviously artificially held back by the era and team philosophy. If you have a dominant offensive line which Dallas often did and an all around back like Emmitt Smith and a great defense, why pass the ball all the time when your receiving core outside of Michael Irvin wasn't that great and the other teams can't stop your running attack.

Aikman had a weird career. On offense, he either played with relative crap or great talent but primarily great talent at running the ball. Not much in between that most QB's playing as long as him are exposed to.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:36 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
I think Aikman doesn't hate Mahomes personally at all but just the people that appointed him so early in his career. Aikman got lucky from the Walker trade that setup Dallas to build quickly but he still joined one of the worst teams in the NFL if not the worst and kind of took a beating. Mahomes joined an Andy Reid playoff team with Kelce well established and Hill starting to absolutely take off.

And Aikman played in a different era in terms of QB environment and under a coach that really stress running and defense which are not exactly stuff that will help his passing numbers at all. They were obviously artificially held back by the era and team philosophy. If you have a dominant offensive line which Dallas often did and an all around back like Emmitt Smith and a great defense, why pass the ball all the time when your receiving core outside of Michael Irvin wasn't that great and the other teams can't stop your running attack.

Aikman had a weird career. On offense, he either played with relative crap or great talent but primarily great talent at running the ball. Not much in between that most QB's playing as long as him are exposed to.
Dude. Not every post requires a novel for an answer. It was more a joke because people here have said they think Aikman hates the Chiefs and never give Patrick much credit.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 05-11-2022
Patrick wants to run the ball more and use play action. I’ve wanted us to incorporate the Shannan model into the offense for awhile. I think it would be great.

We are seeing a few changes as the #chiefs move into the next chapter of Patrick Mahomes’ career. A lot of it has to do with the growth and maturity Mahomes has shown. My report on NFL NOW on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/XVNVbJMRRQ

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) May 10, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:05 PM 05-11-2022
Dude. Not every post requires a novel for an answer. It was more a joke because people here have said they think Aikman hates the Chiefs and never give Patrick much credit.
Someone tweeted that after 1 season as a starter Mahomes had 1/3rd the number of TD passes as Aikman and he responded with "Get back to me when he has 1/3rd the SB rings".

The next year Chiefs won the SB and Aikman got lit up on twitter :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:07 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patrick wants to run the ball more and use play action. I’ve wanted us to incorporate the Shannan model into the offense for awhile. I think it would be great.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:29 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

CEH's starter's job is on the line
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:43 PM 05-11-2022

This was @PatrickMahomes and @tkelce's reaction to the 98th match-tying goal ��

Show us yours: drop your Open Cup celly video �� pic.twitter.com/STCoVkNRTQ

— Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC) May 11, 2022

I see Clyde and Hardman are there as well - maybe one other dude in white.
[Reply]
Warrick 04:44 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
CEH's starter's job is on the line
Good, CEH's size, strength, and speed doesn't scare anyone.
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:49 PM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I see Clyde and Hardman are there as well - maybe one other dude in white.
MVS there too

We are gonna win the superbowl this year, everyone hanging out together in the off-season
[Reply]
Page 2211 of 2683
« First < 1211171121112161220122072208220922102211 2212221322142215222122612311 > Last »
Up