ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 286
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
NewChief 01:48 PM 01-18-2014
Watched Riddick last night. Mindless entertainment, though the first sequence of fights was almost silly in how it just kept going and going and going with varying things trying to kill him.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 05:08 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Watch Europa Report this morning. It was enjoyable. Not what I was expecting - was expecting more of an Alien vibe - but good.
I watched this on Netflix the other night. I had never heard of it and didn't know what to expect. Thought it was really well done. It's no Moon (the pinnacle of modern sci-fi) but if you like space movies, it's definitely worth a watch.
[Reply]
Miles 10:06 PM 01-18-2014
Just watched Oblivion again tonight on HBO. I wasn't expecting all that much the first time and really enjoyed it. Held up well the second time through and a pretty damn good flick.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:36 AM 01-19-2014
I saw The World's End yesterday. It was good, but not great. I hated hated hated Simon Pegg's character, and once the premise was established, there wasn't a single surprise in the whole movie. It had its moments, but if you're tempted to see it, go rent Attack the Block instead.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:11 AM 01-19-2014
Secret life of Walter Mitty was really good.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:27 AM 01-19-2014
After the Oscar noms, I thought oh crap, Julia Roberts again. What is the fascination? But I saw August in Osage County yesterday and wow. It is the best thing she has ever done. Great performances all around especially Chris Cooper and Margot Martindale.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:22 PM 01-19-2014
While it isn't a movie -- Kevin Hart's Let Me Explain is hilarious.

The bum and Applebees part had me in tears.
[Reply]
Fairplay 07:18 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
After the Oscar noms, I thought oh crap, Julia Roberts again. What is the fascination? But I saw August in Osage County yesterday and wow. It is the best thing she has ever done. Great performances all around especially Chris Cooper and Margot Martindale.

Chris Cooper always seems mad and upset about something I don't think I've seen him crack a smile come to think of, not a lot of depth in his characters.
[Reply]
underEJ 07:54 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
Chris Cooper always seems mad and upset about something I don't think I've seen him crack a smile come to think of, not a lot of depth in his characters.
Adaptation and the Muppet movie, just off the top of my head. Doing what the role calls for is different to not having the range. He has the range.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:58 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Halfway through the movie I and the other person I saw it with both commented that Ivy might be the only normal one in that entire family. Wow, about 10-15 minutes later, we couldn't help but laugh at ourselves for being way off!

Good flick, and I'll agree it's probably Julia's best work since Erin Brokovich. She needs to thank her best bud, Clooney, who was the executive producer, with hooking her up with such a choice role.

As always, Streep, did a tremendous job, and could be looking at setting a record for winning her 4th Academy Award.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:02 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
I've always liked him as an actor. Really took notice of him in the late 90's remake of Great Expectations , even though he was in a bunch of stuff prior to that and I just notice him when rewatching older movies from time to time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:50 PM 01-21-2014
The new Hunger Games was OK. Pretty damn cool once they're actually in the games and killing each other; pretty damn gay with all the love angle bullshit.

It reminds me of Twilight. I love this guy- Wait, no. I love that guy!..

Women. Pfft. Just stab someone and get back to the good shit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The new Hunger Games was OK. Pretty damn cool once they're actually in the games and killing each other; pretty damn gay with all the love angle bullshit.

Or naked. Just get naked.

I'd pay all manner of money to see Jennifer Lawrence naked.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:34 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Since I've read the books, I thought it was really good (and followed the book very well). That said, the third book was a lot higher in the teen angst vein so I am not sure how they are going to handle that book (since they are splitting it into two movies). There isn't really enough action to support two movies so I'm afraid the angst quotient is going to be very high.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:38 PM 01-22-2014
Wife and I watched Captain Phillips last night. Very good movie. Even knowing how it all played out, it still did a great job at building suspense.

And the final scene... Hanks deserves an Oscar for that alone. Damn.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 286
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up