ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Paul Rudd Joins Ghostbusters (2020)
Tribal Warfare 11:59 PM 06-27-2019

Sony Dates ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequel For 2023 https://t.co/QbIyrOn0ma

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) June 28, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:47 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I watched this on Saturday night. I thought it was fun. It wasn't perfect, but it was a million times better than the last attempt. Yeah, I get the criticism that if you take out the fan service, it doesn't leave much to stand on. That being said, I'm that fan that is being serviced so I'm totally good with it.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll never understand the hand-wringing over 'fan service' in reboots or sequels.

That's the point! If you're gonna capitalize on the goodwill generated by the original, there'd better by god be some payoff.

If not, just form your own franchise. That was always the biggest mistake Rian Johnson made with TLJ and that the idiots in charge of the other ghostbusters 'sequel' made.

Fan services is a necessary predicate for a successful reboot or sequel. That's the entire reason you have one to begin with.
Have ya'll seen the new Scream?

Hella fan service. Interesting concept of a movie as it serves both as a reboot and a sequel at the same time.

The fan service/original cast are used to tie together the new cast (for the following sequel/reboot) and the original movies, thus creating continuity while rebooting the entire cast all together. Pretty clever concept tbh. I thought it was well done in that regard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Have ya'll seen the new Scream?

Hella fan service. Interesting concept of a movie as it serves both as a reboot and a sequel at the same time.

The fan service/original cast are used to tie together the new cast (for the following sequel/reboot) and the original movies, thus creating continuity while rebooting the entire cast all together. Pretty clever concept tbh. I thought it was well done in that regard.
I feel like that's what the new Ghostbusters did as well, and they did a fine job of it.

But no - I never really cared for the Scream franchise. Always one of those movies that would've been helped substantially by some gratuitous nudity.
[Reply]
burt 12:41 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I never really cared for the Scream franchise. Always one of those movies that would've been helped substantially by some gratuitous nudity.
You, sir, are a complete genious.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:52 AM 02-16-2022
There was not NEAR enough Rudd and Coon in this movie. Why did they make the kids the main characters? It was quite a big misstep. Could have been amazing if done right with those two.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:07 AM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Ceej:
I watched this yesterday and didn't think it was terrible.

The end got me a little teary eyed, and I'm not sure why.

I'll blame it on the fact that I'm getting older, and more sensitive-ish.
watched it last night...It was a pretty good movie... definitely nostalgic. The end did get me teary eyed as well. Wonder if they're setting up a sequel. It still sucks they never did make a 3rd movie when Ramis was alive but this was a nice way of doing it since he wasn't.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:16 PM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
watched it last night...It was a pretty good movie... definitely nostalgic. The end did get me teary eyed as well. Wonder if they're setting up a sequel. It still sucks they never did make a 3rd movie when Ramis was alive but this was a nice way of doing it since he wasn't.
You can blame that on Bill Murray being a giant douche.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:08 PM 06-28-2022
Updated OP
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up