ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 364 of 382
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
srvy 06:17 PM 05-20-2023
I thought that Boulevard BBQ was terrible I guess I am not much for thick sweet beers. It was back when it was sold 4 pack bottles. It took me forever to finish them a would go to the beer box and reach for the cheap lawn mower beer and go to Hamm's instead. About four months later I was seeing what was in the basement beer box and found the last lone bottle. So I thought maybe it was just me and cracked it open, yeah no force finished it won't buy again. Now I see it being sold in 6-pack bottles for less than I paid. Costco sells it in a 24-bottle case and seems always on sale. My style is hoppy Space Camper Cosmic IPA can drink that all day long not get tired. It's available at any quick stop around KC.
[Reply]
Shag 11:03 PM 05-20-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I don’t regret moving to Phoenix 11 years ago. I love it here and what we’ve made our backyard into. Cheers to that!
Oktoberfest? In May? I'm a little worried about the PHX beer scene, lol. That said, I'll be in town in about a month for work, hoping to sneak out and get a little local beer flavor. I'll be in Scottsdale, likely only rideshare, what should I hit?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:35 AM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by Shag:
Oktoberfest? In May? I'm a little worried about the PHX beer scene, lol. That said, I'll be in town in about a month for work, hoping to sneak out and get a little local beer flavor. I'll be in Scottsdale, likely only rideshare, what should I hit?
I was hoping someone would comment on this. :-)

I got this beer at the end of last summer. I found it stuffed in the back of a closet where I forgot about it. Oh well, it was still ok enough after being 4 beers deep already yesterday. :-)

KCU should be able to answer your question. He's my beer consultant.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:50 AM 05-21-2023
The challenge with PHX is the sprawl

Close-ish to Scottsdale, I'd recommend

The Wandering Tortoise for a good tap list and beers to-go

Wren House

Roses By The Stairs

Goldwater - its a cool spot in a great location, beers can be hit or miss though

A good tap list with great food is Love Craft just northwest of Paradise Valley. Seriously the best combination of good beer and Southwest cuisine I've found in the valley. There green chile queso is fire.

If you're up for venturing further. The Shop Beer Co in Tempe is a cool spot. Inside is like a lounge and they have a great patio with misters. Had a hazy IPA collab they did with Boulevard there the other night.

And then even further out is my spot in Gilbert, Beer Barn, where I was last night drinking North Park IPAs. Its quite a trek from Scottsdale but if you're in the area shoot me a message and I'd be happy to buy you a beer.
[Reply]
scho63 07:55 AM 05-21-2023
O.H.S.O in North Scottsdale is a great place.
https://www.ohsobrewery.com/north-scottsdale/

Fate Brewery in South Scottsdale has some really great beers but not as big a menu as OHSO
https://fatebrewing.com/tempe-fate-b...cottsdale-menu

Phx Beer Co is in a great location on Hayden in the Gainey Ranch/McCormick Ranch area of Scottsdale. Great food and the outdoor lake as your view is awesome. Fan4ever and I have met up there several times for games.
https://www.phxbeerco.com/scottsdale-restaurant

Brat Haus in Old Town Scottsdale is a sneaky GREAT place for a real great variety of beers and the best beer garden in town. I love their food too.
https://brathausaz.com/

If you are in Old Town you can also hit up these:
Goldwater Brewing
https://www.goldwaterbrewing.com/scottsdale

Craft 64
https://www.craft64.com/scottsdale
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:28 AM 05-21-2023
King's and The Theodore also have great beer selections if you're ever downtown-ish.

Rift Wine Bar & Taphouse has a great selection in Scottsdale, too.

And you're only an hour drive from lewdog and Ground Control, heh.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:54 AM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Brat Haus in Old Town Scottsdale is a sneaky GREAT place for a real great variety of beers and the best beer garden in town. I love their food too.
https://brathausaz.com/
Good call on Brat Haus. Its right next to Goldwater and is a nice combo.
[Reply]
Shag 10:27 AM 05-21-2023
Thanks, guys! Hopefully, I'll be able to sneak out and check out at least one or two spots...
[Reply]
lewdog 11:39 AM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
King's and The Theodore also have great beer selections if you're ever downtown-ish.

Rift Wine Bar & Taphouse has a great selection in Scottsdale, too.

I actually got to have a beer with you at Ground Control! A bucket list item for me. I can't make fun of you anymore.

#memories
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:24 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I actually got to have a beer with you at Ground Control! A bucket list item for me. I can't make fun of you anymore.

#memories
Have either of you had the pizza at Ground Control?

Their pizza oven looks legit and they even have a Detroit style on the menu that be calling me.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:49 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Their pizza oven looks legit and they even have a Detroit style on the menu that be calling me.
My wife gets pizza every time. They do a great job with it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:22 PM 05-21-2023
I think Boulevard Smokestack Series was a fairly recent branding at that time which is why I went for the BSS descriptor.
I had really started getting into beer at the time the Smokestack Series came out. It really became an eye opener for me especially Tank 7 which is such a freaking unique beer to this day.

I lucked into a cool experience as a friend of mine was tight with local beer distributors and got me a ticket to a private Boulevard Smokestack food and beer tasting John McDonald was presenting the beers at. It was on a Thursday night (In Joplin) prior to the Cards/Royals series in KC around 2009 or 2010.

Long story short I met John, raved about the beer and told him I would be in KC for the games and planned to go by the brewery. He gave me his card and wrote a note on it to get me into the Boulevard venders tent at Kauffman before the game Saturday. Turned out there was a 2 hour rain delay so me and the wife spent 4 hours prior getting drunk with a bunch of Boulevard sales people and vendors before the game. Great time.

Man the brewery tours around that time were top notch as well. When they were still fairly small and it was real homey. I went back a few years later and it was just not the same but growth does that to you.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:55 PM 05-21-2023
Really nice job by Cinder Block in NKC on this one!

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:52 AM 05-22-2023

Absolutely, they have great pizza (haven't tried the Detroit style)... they have one named Hot Toddy that's delicious.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:25 AM 05-22-2023

#memories

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 364 of 382
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374 > Last »
Up