ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 382
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:27 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I live 2 minutes from Ground Control.

If I can ever get something for you let me know.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I've been lazy about it lately because I just never make it down there.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:51 PM 02-12-2021
Anyone familiar with Main & Mill Brewing Company in Festus, MO?
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:09 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I’m not familiar with the brewery, but I’m familiar with how awful Festus is.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:46 AM 02-13-2021
I've never had them but based on a couple beer trading groups I'm in, their Jifforia stouts seem to be held in fairly high regard
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:48 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I've never had them but based on a couple beer trading groups I'm in, their Jifforia stouts seem to be held in fairly high regard
Thanks, they have stuff at Ground Control, King's, and Craft Beer Quick Stop, and hadn't noticed them anywhere before.

And with BL being $30/bottle, branching out is a good idea, heh.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:43 AM 02-13-2021
I've had a bunch of Main and Mill's beers. Jifforia and its variants are decent but don't pay through the nose for the barrel aged variants.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:47 AM 02-13-2021
If you've had any Perennial or Side Project stouts, their flavor leans toward dark chocolate and bitter cocoa. Main and Mill's are quite chocolate forward but have more of a milk chocolate character and are quite a bit sweeter.

That being said, I have had some great bottles and some terrible bottles. Double barrel Carpathian was one of the worst BA stouts I've ever had that didn't have technical problems, e.g. oxidation, infection.

Their pastry stouts are typically pretty good, if not overly sweet.
[Reply]
scho63 10:58 AM 02-13-2021
Had a Yeti Great Divide yesterday. Those knock me on my ass. One is enough!
[Reply]
scho63 11:00 AM 02-13-2021
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I've been lazy about it lately because I just never make it down there.
Fate has some new flavors out. Pretty good coconut one and the other is made with oatmeal.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:26 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Fate has some new flavors out. Pretty good coconut one and the other is made with oatmeal.
Tried the Fate for a King Coconut today, it's pretty good!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:31 PM 02-13-2021
The big surprise of the day.... buying a Mikerphone collab. I'm not familiar with Untitled Art, but they have some highly rated stuff.

And I was downright giddy to see Mikerphone out here. :-) :-)

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:04 AM 02-14-2021
The big surprise of the day.... buying a Mikerphone collab. I'm not familiar with Untitled Art, but they have some highly rated stuff.

And I was downright giddy to see Mikerphone out here. :-) :-)

Awesome. Untitled Art is one I really don't understand. They're in Madison, WI which is where Mike is from so they're pretty tight, but I've just never been impressed with their beers yet they've done collabs with some big names like Angry Chair and even Bottle Logic (neapolitan stout).
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:36 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Awesome. Untitled Art is one I really don't understand. They're in Madison, WI which is where Mike is from so they're pretty tight, but I've just never been impressed with their beers yet they've done collabs with some big names like Angry Chair and even Bottle Logic (neapolitan stout).
Interesting, hadn't seen that one before. There's a definite 'fruit smoothie beer' thing going on with them, at least with a few of these collabs.

I threw one in the fridge along with a BL Scatter Signal, will let you know how it goes.

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:52 AM 02-14-2021
Feel UA hits the festival circuit pretty hard which leads to networking and collab arrangements. Had to look up the last UA beer I had which was in late '19. Stout collab with super hyped Voodoo in PA which I obviously didn't even remember drinking it was that average. Not bad by any means, just lower than my expectations I guess.

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:07 PM 02-14-2021
First impression, it's pretty good!

Light for 11%... carbonation is on the higher side. Mostly raspberry and getting a little bit of the hazelnut.

It's not what I'm used to in terms of a chewy Mikerphone stout (I was thinking they'd start with a heavier Mikerphone base stout and add a ton of smoothie weirdness), but it has plenty of flavor to it.

If it was in a flight with Smells Like Bean Spirit and the like, I'd probably be a bit disappointed in its stoutness, but I'll drink again.

And on that note, I noticed Mikerphone has a Chicken and Waffles Stout. :-)

[Reply]
Page 304 of 382
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314354 > Last »
Up