ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 264 of 382
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314364 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:45 AM 02-03-2018
Picking up some Arkham's Finest from Modern Brewery this afternoon.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:53 PM 02-03-2018
Just grabbed some 2nd Shift LSD cans that arrived in town yesterday along with some newly distro'd Transient cans. Pretty happy about that.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:45 PM 02-03-2018
Nice haul today:

Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
Modern Brewery Arkham's Finest
Evil Twin Even More Jesus
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:37 PM 02-03-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Nice haul today:

Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
Modern Brewery Arkham's Finest
Evil Twin Even More Jesus
Love the Obsidian, my kid brought some over for Thankgiving
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:37 PM 02-03-2018
Excellent.

And fuck waxed dipped bottles.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:42 PM 02-03-2018
Cracking mine tomorrow.
[Reply]
MTG#10 01:36 PM 02-04-2018
I've never been able to find 3 Floyd's Zombie dust so I made my own from a clone recipe I found. By far the best homebrew I've ever made. I dont know how close it is because I've never tried the original but I'm guessing pretty close based on the Zombie Dust reviews. This stuff is outstanding.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:21 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
So the Mothers coconut extra stout is a very good stout. With that said, where the hell is the coconut? To be fair I did just eat a few almonds and pistachios. But all I get is some chocolate malt and just a touch of coconut. I do still like it though.
Just poured mine. I dont think its that great, its alright I guess. Do agree about the lack of coconut. I made a coconut porter that I still have a few left of...it blows this out of the water and has a very noticeable coconut flavor.

Ive honestly not been very impressed by any Mother's beers. They all range from "ok" to terrible for me. Their Lil' Helper is the nastiest beer Ive ever had, couldn't even give the rest of the 6 pack away. Sucks because they're one of two hometown breweries for me and the other (SBC) isnt anything special either.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:28 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Just poured mine. I dont think its that great, its alright I guess. Do agree about the lack of coconut. I made a coconut porter that I still have a few left of...it blows this out of the water and has a very noticeable coconut flavor.

Ive honestly not been very impressed by any Mother's beers. They all range from "ok" to terrible for me. Their Lil' Helper is the nastiest beer Ive ever had, couldn't even give the rest of the 6 pack away. Sucks because they're one of two hometown breweries for me and the other (SBC) isnt anything special either.
Wow, I thought I was the only person with this opinion.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:37 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Wow, I thought I was the only person with this opinion.
MILF their seasonal release Imperial Stout is extremely good. Much better than The Abyss in my opinion.

Their base beers are just decent though I like Little Helper but drank so much of it years ago I shy away from it anymore.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:38 PM 02-04-2018
I've never been able to find 3 Floyd's Zombie dust so I made my own from a clone recipe I found. By far the best homebrew I've ever made. I dont know how close it is because I've never tried the original but I'm guessing pretty close based on the Zombie Dust reviews. This stuff is outstanding.
Just a shit ton of citra hops if I remember correctly.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:56 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
MILF their seasonal release Imperial Stout is extremely good. Much better than The Abyss in my opinion.

Their base beers are just decent though I like Little Helper but drank so much of it years ago I shy away from it anymore.
I do want to try MILF, I've heard from many people it's outstanding.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:59 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just a shit ton of citra hops if I remember correctly.
Yep. It's delicious but from what I've read the aroma from Citra doesn't last long so it's definitely a beer you want to drink up while it's fresh.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:21 PM 02-04-2018
Yep. It's delicious but from what I've read the aroma from Citra doesn't last long so it's definitely a beer you want to drink up while it's fresh.
The knock on ZD has always been that it falls off a cliff within a week or so, which used to be true. Since they've upgraded their bottling and packaging process, that's been vastly corrected, in my experience anyway. While obviously still best super fresh, it stays great for several weeks at this point and the biggest knock on it now is that several other citra apa's have caught up to it and its no longer as prestigious as it once was. It's pretty much become a shelfie here in the last year, so if you feel comfortable, feel free to PM me a shipping address and I'll be happy to send you a couple...for science of course.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:08 PM 02-04-2018
Not real impressed with this Samuel Smith Imperial Stout. Kind of tastes like figs or prunes. Their oatmeal stout is one of my all time favorite beers, but this and the organic chocolate stout aren't doing it for me. Still want to try the taddy porter though.
[Reply]
Page 264 of 382
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314364 > Last »
Up