ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 88
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:42 AM 04-26-2024
I saw somewhere that only 2 or so of the last 35 WR taken in round 1 have busted?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:43 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I so bad want us to snag a guy with size to punish all these nickel defenses we'll face. Just a ****ing punisher to save wear and tear on Pacheco...
I agree. We need a better backup than CEH. Ceh is fine as the third guy but want someone to destroy the light boxes and keep iPac fresh.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:44 AM 04-26-2024
I don't know if adopting a chief is still a thing, or if anyone has claimed this dude yet, but I felt like it was time to move on from willie gay :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 08:46 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I love Benson this year. Would be pumped if we landed him.
He runs low with excellent balance.
Hand that guy a year's worth of steak and taters and have him add 10 good pounds to his frame. He'll do...
[Reply]
Lzen 08:48 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He's been doing this in the draft forum for months now. He's gaga for Mitchell and thinks Worthy is a slot-only gadget guy.

Can't get past his feelings and is a card-carrying member of the "Chiefs can't draft WRs club" despite evidence to the contrary.
I just hate it when guys whine about a pick without even giving it a chance. If, after a couple of years he has done nothing, then you can complain all you want. I swear, some of these guys are just complete babies. "I didn't get the guy I want so now I'm gonna broadcast that over and over to the forum". :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:49 AM 04-26-2024
Completely wrong. You aren’t comprehending the arguments well.

I hate the idea of Worthy as a gadget. Prefer him as vertical 2 decoy.
How about all of the above plus more?
[Reply]
Rausch 08:49 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I just hate it when guys whine about a pick without even giving it a chance. If, after a couple of years he has done nothing, then you can complain all you want. I swear, some of these guys are just complete babies. "I didn't get the guy I want so now I'm gonna broadcast that over and over to the forum". :-)
We've won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls.

At this point yer' just the guy at the wedding complaining about the free beer. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the moment...
[Reply]
Lzen 08:50 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
No one is pressing KC next year. It's back to full zone coverage and safeties being 30 yards deep.
I would imagine so, yes. I don't think most teams will risk man coverage now with all the speed the Chiefs have once again.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:50 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Tank dell - combine 5'8" 165 lbs
Zay flowers - combine 5'9" 180 lbs
Devonta smith - combine 6'1" 170 lbs

Give that kid in the weight room. Tell him he's no longer trying to break sprint records. And LFG!
and he doesn't turn 21 until this weekend.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:50 AM 04-26-2024
I would imagine so, yes. I don't think most teams will risk man coverage now with all the speed the Chiefs have once again.
Losing teams will...
[Reply]
el borracho 08:51 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by digger:
No way...

X-Force, X-Wing, Downtown...
Professor X
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:51 AM 04-26-2024
I think it was a solid pick for the style of offense KC runs. WRs have a great track record of success more consistently in recent years coming out of the draft. Draft a top WR every 2 years and when a guy hits that next big contract, let him go and pull up the next guy.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:51 AM 04-26-2024
A pass to Rice that went for 5 now goes 8 to 12 yards.

A pass to Kelce that went for 7 last year now goes for 10 or more.

I do want to get another WR to load manage Rice because we need him for the playoffs. Another big body guy who can catch and run.
Uhh.....that might not be a problem this year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:51 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We gave up 32, 95 and 221 for 28, 133 and 248.
with the deftness Veach has shown in the later rounds it really isn't that big of a deal.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:53 AM 04-26-2024
How about all of the above plus more?
I think Worthy’s value is as a vertical 2.

He helps us more that way. Hopefully we see less gadget stuff now because we actually have real NFL WRs again.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 88
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up