ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3854 of 3903
« First < 2854335437543804384438503851385238533854 38553856385738583864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:20 PM 01-04-2022
You guys all need to prepare to get this. It's just blazing thru.
[Reply]
TLO 12:27 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm prepared. Just give me that hybrid immunity and let's move on
[Reply]
TLO 12:33 PM 01-04-2022

Now 7 studies for Omicron's reduced lung infectivity, viral load, inflammation and overall pathogenicity (5 in vivo models, 2 lab). New in vivo model report link: https://t.co/1LHztzPX3T Updated summary table pic.twitter.com/2AF4fLaqLv

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) January 4, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm prepared. Just give me that hybrid immunity and let's move on
For sure.

I'm good to go now I guess.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:52 PM 01-04-2022
1 Milsky cases lool

Hopefully one month from now we won't be at some crazy death spike. Early reports of Omicron being quite a bit less severe are promising but if 3x as many people get it, and even if it is only half as deadly, still more deaths would result.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:53 PM 01-04-2022
I'm honestly a bit annoyed that I'm sick right now with a cold that is NOT COVID (as are a number of family members). While I would have felt a bit guilty if we'd spread it around to each other over Xmas, it sucks to be fighting off a head cold and not even getting the immunity boost. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 12:56 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm honestly a bit annoyed that I'm sick right now with a cold that is NOT COVID (as are a number of family members). While I would have felt a bit guilty if we'd spread it around to each other over Xmas, it sucks to be fighting off a head cold and not even getting the immunity boost. :-)
LOL.. same. My daughter got some mild symptoms right before Christmas. Inevitably gave it to me. Her test came back as influenza, and I'm like "I got sick for nothing?"
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:57 PM 01-04-2022
A bit of good small anecdotal data: our infectious disease doc was telling our covid group that he is seeing patients who are unvaccinated and on AIRVO actually improve and are coming off of it, unlike during the Delta wave. Very good news.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:57 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
1 Milsky cases lool

Hopefully one month from now we won't be at some crazy death spike. Early reports of Omicron being quite a bit less severe are promising but if 3x as many people get it, and even if it is only half as deadly, still more deaths would result.
One study estimated that Omicron is about 1/4th as deadly. If you assume that vaccination / previous infection still prevents severe illness in roughly the same proportions as Delta (~90% or whatever - which is an assumption but doesn't seem to be completely false), that still suggests that hospitalization rates should stay pretty low even with a shit ton of infections. Time will tell, but the fact that cases already peaked in South Africa without a noticeable spike in deaths is very promising.

At this point I'm almost as concerned about the economic hit of so many people being sick at once as I am about hospitalizations, but we'll see.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:06 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
When I go to worldometers to check case numbers, you have to scroll down past a worldwide daily cases chart. It's a straight line up. Easily above double any previous peak

It amazes me. Thank goodness, the less deadly part seems to be being proven out.
[Reply]
TLO 01:10 PM 01-04-2022
Is this the most infectious disease in history?
[Reply]
Hoover 01:21 PM 01-04-2022
Couple things.

1. I got the covid back in Mid-November, wife and son ended up with it too. Two bad days of headaches was the worse, still have not regained all my taste and smell.My son and wife were not noticeably sick.

When I got tested I actually wanted to get it and deal with it plus gain some immunity. The problem is that this has been so politicized you can't find good guidance. I'm vaccinated but not boosted. Since I got the Covid in November, I don't need to rush out and get boosted, but the government and medical worlds just push getting more shots.

2. I'm more concerned about why China is shutting shit down in Xi where there has been an outbreak. Any news on that?
[Reply]
TLO 01:26 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Couple things.

1. I got the covid back in Mid-November, wife and son ended up with it too. Two bad days of headaches was the worse, still have not regained all my taste and smell.My son and wife were not noticeably sick.

When I got tested I actually wanted to get it and deal with it plus gain some immunity. The problem is that this has been so politicized you can't find good guidance. I'm vaccinated but not boosted. Since I got the Covid in November, I don't need to rush out and get boosted, but the government and medical worlds just push getting more shots.

2. I'm more concerned about why China is shutting shit down in Xi where there has been an outbreak. Any news on that?

On number 2, China has adopted a "Covid-zero" policy. Which is insane, but it is what it is.

Hopefully that's the truth of the matter and it's not something else.
[Reply]
TLO 01:28 PM 01-04-2022
Regarding #1, I'm not a medical expert, but I wouldn't worry about a booster shot anytime in the near future. You got your booster shot through natural infection.
[Reply]
sedated 03:00 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:

I'm no scientist, I don't even do my own research, but one would think that the combination of natural immunity and the initial vax would be just about as effective as the vax and booster.

I'm not even sure I got covid (I was sick after close contact Oct 2020 but never got a test), but I'm not rushing out to get the booster. I thought that was supposed to be for people at high risk, but suddenly its assumed everyone should get it(?). Add that to the new strain being less severe and I'm not really worried at all.
[Reply]
Page 3854 of 3903
« First < 2854335437543804384438503851385238533854 38553856385738583864 > Last »
Up