ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2804 of 3903
« First < 1804230427042754279428002801280228032804 280528062807280828142854290433043804 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It wasn’t political.
Universal, government provided healthcare is inherently political.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:49 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
How long before somebody posts that stupid video of the guy saying they don’t work??

I don't see how any rational person could watch this and conclude masks don't work - especially to protect others, which is like 70% of the reason to wear a mask.

Although there seems to be a lot of evidence that wearing a mask keeps down the level of initial dose if you do catch it - which in turn makes the infection less severe on average.
[Reply]
Donger 12:50 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
and we all will get a rona. Running away from this is like running away from the common cold....almost impossible. We will all eventually get a rona or a vaccine or both. Each time it mutates we hope it gets a little less virulent each time. We all just need to live with this and use precautions when we can.
We are living with it.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:54 PM 08-09-2020
Over 250K at Sturgis packed shoulder to shoulder and I haven't seen a mask yet in any of the videos. That place is going to be a rona factory.
With a nation wide delivery system.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:56 PM 08-09-2020
Over 250K at Sturgis packed shoulder to shoulder and I haven't seen a mask yet in any of the videos. That place is going to be a rona factory.
Less bikers on the road is a win for humanity.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:08 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Less bikers on the road is a win for humanity.
Of all the bikers, the Harley guys are usually the best IMO. It's the crotch rocket douchebags who can die daily and I'd give no fucks.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:08 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We are living with it.
Proud of you....baby steps :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:10 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Of all the bikers, the Harley guys are usually the best IMO. It's the crotch rocket douchebags who can die daily and I'd give no ****s.
Yep.. They are the ones doing 100mph down residential streets. Fuck those douches.
[Reply]
Donger 01:10 PM 08-09-2020
Proud of you....baby steps :-)
We've been living with it since March. If you have an actual point to make, make it.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:15 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We've been living with it since March. If you have an actual point to make, make it.
Just saying good job. You dont seem as frightened today as you have been lately. Keep it up!
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:17 PM 08-09-2020
Of all the bikers, the Harley guys are usually the best IMO. It's the crotch rocket douchebags who can die daily and I'd give no fucks.
The best bikers are the old guys on the Hondas. I have many Harley riding friends and they are indeed good people, but fuck their loud as fuck “look at me I need attention” bikes.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:17 PM 08-09-2020
Crotch rocket douchebags grow up to become Harley riders once they gain 40 pounds and get a little gray in their hair.
[Reply]
Donger 01:18 PM 08-09-2020
Just saying good job. You dont seem as frightened today as you have been lately. Keep it up!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:23 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Want irony? KS said today that the counties that adopted the mask mandate have see a dramatic drop in cases and the counties that did not have not see any drop. The data might suggest otherwise as there was a rise in cases in JoCo though we adopted the mask mandate. In fact cases were going up so mucin the state that last week the Governor threatened to lock us down again. Now everywhere I go I see almost everyone wearing a mask. But everyone I know that lives around me swears no one wears a mask wherever they go.
And here we go. Mad the national news even. I told you I thought Norman's comments seemed off base. I cut out the few political sentences as they offer nothing but rhetoric.

Kansas health secretary used misleading charts to push mask mandate
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...jP59l7hDdfSHVw

The secretary for the Kansas Department of Health and Education is facing criticism for using a misleading chart while advocating for a statewide mask mandate.

Secretary Lee Norman gave a speech earlier this week detailing the difference in coronavirus cases between Kansas counties with a mask mandate and counties without one. According to a report from the Sentinel, Norman used an axis with a range of 15 to 25 to describe the number of new cases in masked counties and used a range of 4 to 14 to describe the number of new cases in counties without a mask mandate, making it appear as though counties without a mask mandate had more cases.

When the two sets of data are placed on a chart with the same axis, counties without a mask mandate have fewer new cases per day than counties with a mask mandate. Norman told reporters that counties with a mask mandate were "winning the battle" against the coronavirus.

"All of the improvement in the case development comes from those counties wearing masks," he said.

Michael Austin, the director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Government, accused Norman of knowingly misleading the public. The center is part of the Kansas Policy Institute, which owns the Sentinel.

"At a time when the public needs government to provide sound conclusions with accurate information, it’s unfortunate the Kansas Health Secretary knowingly deceived the public into justifying his narrative," Austin said.

The Washington Examiner has reached out to the Kansas Department of Health and Education for comment.

Fifteen counties in Kansas followed Kelly's request for a mask mandate, and the remaining 90 counties in the state did not.
[Reply]
Donger 01:36 PM 08-09-2020
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

About 15:00 in
[Reply]
Page 2804 of 3903
« First < 1804230427042754279428002801280228032804 280528062807280828142854290433043804 > Last »
Up