ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 308 of 382
« First < 208258298304305306307308 309310311312318358 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
phisherman 09:10 PM 04-16-2021
Wakefield is great. They're one of the kings of the pastry stout game.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:22 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Wakefield is great. They're one of the kings of the pastry stout game.
Yeah, they had a monster stout on tap... BA Bout It Bout It, at 18%. Also a gingerbread stout that was excellent. They're apparently gearing up for their WakeFest (and IIRC, it was like $250 last year :-) ), so didn't have a ton to take home, but some great stuff on tap.

I picked up an Other Half/J Wakfield collab with coffee and coconut, but trading it (plus a few IPAs from the Miami area) for a Toppling Goliath. :-)

[Reply]
phisherman 09:58 PM 04-16-2021
Do it. The J Wake beers trade way up. One of their BA stouts, It Was All a Dream, is one of my top 3 BA stouts ever.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:21 PM 04-16-2021
Do it. The J Wake beers trade way up. One of their BA stouts, It Was All a Dream, is one of my top 3 BA stouts ever.
Sounds like an amazing beer. The collab I picked up actually sounds fairly similar, with the coconut, coffee, and Mostra coffee (no maple syrup though).

The Toppling Goliath is Mornin' Delight and I think it'll be totally worth it. I'm not much of a trader at all, given there's so much great stuff that's easy to find these days. But a buddy of mine is a huge beer guy, so it's practically a three way trade where he was able to pick up some Toppling Goliath and then gave me a choice in exchange for picking up beer while in south Florida.

The other two he had available were Kaiju Clash and Term Oil S'mores.... I'm a sucker for the maple syrup and coffee stouts though, and as a top 10 beer in the country, I'm curious how it compares to OHSO Morning Grind, which I think is a best kept secret world class stout.
[Reply]
scho63 10:45 PM 04-16-2021
One of these before bedtime....smooth as silk.
Attached: 20210416_171405_HDR_copy_1540x3123.jpg (47.0 KB) 
[Reply]
phisherman 10:53 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sounds like an amazing beer. The collab I picked up actually sounds fairly similar, with the coconut, coffee, and Mostra coffee (no maple syrup though).

The Toppling Goliath is Mornin' Delight and I think it'll be totally worth it. I'm not much of a trader at all, given there's so much great stuff that's easy to find these days. But a buddy of mine is a huge beer guy, so it's practically a three way trade where he was able to pick up some Toppling Goliath and then gave me a choice in exchange for picking up beer while in south Florida.

The other two he had available were Kaiju Clash and Term Oil S'mores.... I'm a sucker for the maple syrup and coffee stouts though, and as a top 10 beer in the country, I'm curious how it compares to OHSO Morning Grind, which I think is a best kept secret world class stout.
Morning Delight is great. I've traded for one every year they've released it. The Kaiji and any Term Oil variants have all been great. TG doesn't do a lot wrong to my palate.

Holler if you want anything from MO.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:52 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
One of these before bedtime....smooth as silk.
They have a peanut butter & cocoa nibs reserve out right now, too.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:00 AM 04-17-2021
Morning Delight is great. I've traded for one every year they've released it. The Kaiji and any Term Oil variants have all been great. TG doesn't do a lot wrong to my palate.

Holler if you want anything from MO.
Can't wait to try it.

Thanks, and same here for SoCal/Arizona. Should be spending a few days in San Diego over the summer and I'll need a spreadsheet to track all of the craft beer goodness.

I'll think on that... never did get to try Side Project and several of the newer places in the KC area.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:07 AM 04-17-2021
5 minute old IPA straight off the canning line at Pipeworks this morning

[Reply]
phisherman 10:30 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Can't wait to try it.

Thanks, and same here for SoCal/Arizona. Should be spending a few days in San Diego over the summer and I'll need a spreadsheet to track all of the craft beer goodness.

I'll think on that... never did get to try Side Project and several of the newer places in the KC area.
Just let me know. I get access to most everything that Side Project, 2nd Shift or Perennial do in StL and can get pretty much anything in KC that you could want.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:19 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Thats as fresh as what I get at home off the tap! :-):-)

Seriously thats impressive.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:22 PM 04-17-2021

Yeah but how many of those can you fit in the beer bong at once?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:00 PM 04-17-2021

Man, I feel like any of us who are married and slum this site already know we've out kicked out coverage.

In a wildly random universe colliding without any parties being knowingly involved, my wife surprised me with this birthday cake today that she'd commissioned from the baker weeks ago.

Mind blown.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:05 PM 04-17-2021
Buddy of mine from the Chicago area sent me some Deth By Cherries from Revolution a few weeks ago, holy hell that's some good shit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:11 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Buddy of mine from the Chicago area sent me some Deth By Cherries from Revolution a few weeks ago, holy hell that's some good shit.
Revolution has the best barrel program in Chicago. Because they're within the top 20 biggest craft breweries in the US, they don't get the scarcity hype, but their program is top flight.

I actually stopped into the brewery today for this:

[Reply]
Page 308 of 382
« First < 208258298304305306307308 309310311312318358 > Last »
Up