Page 51 of 103
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
hebert19 10:58 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And for the Chiefs, the Bills are just another team on the road to the ultimate goal.

If what you're saying is true, all the pressure is on Buffalo.
There is no question that's the case if you ask me. Bills have most pressure. All comes down to whether that pressure results in sugar high allen or the good one.

BTW. Mahomes and Allen are both top 5 in QBR for QBs who have played more than 5 playoff games. I don't expect either to play bad. It will come down to red zone, penalties and turnovers.

In the past we needed to win all these to beat chiefs now we just need to not lose them all and we can hang.
[Reply]
hebert19 10:59 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't suspect the Bills will be kicking any FGs outside of maybe 4th and long situations (8+).

Andy also needs to avoid punting from midfield on 4th and short. He's been doing it with fair frequency of late. I'm not a damn the torpedoes guy - sometimes flipping the field is worthwhile. But when teams are going to play you with the pedal down, you need to respond accordingly. And if that means taking an underneath route or even a run on 3rd and 5 from the 50 to set yourself up for a 4th down play, that's how you need to handle it.

Be aggressive early or there's an excellent chance you'll be desperate late.
Good call here. I think both coaches will be super aggressive.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:00 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by hebert19:
Greetings again folks from a Bills Fan.

I'd say no to this one. Maybe if this was last year but we have handled the Pats for 2 years in a row other than the wind game so that was just a culmination of that.

You guys on other hand are our superbowl. There will be no let down.
Good thing for us is Bills ALWAYS lose their Super Bowls.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 01-19-2022
There is no question that's the case if you ask me. Bills have most pressure. All comes down to whether that pressure results in sugar high allen or the good one.

BTW. Mahomes and Allen are both top 5 in QBR for QBs who have played more than 5 playoff games. I don't expect either to play bad. It will come down to red zone, penalties and turnovers.

In the past we needed to win all these to beat chiefs now we just need to not lose them all and we can hang.
Here's the thing about their playoff comparisons, though.

How many games has Allen won where his team trailed by two scores or more in the 1st quarter? The Chiefs have had 3 that I can remember in the last 2 years, including the Houston game where they were down 24-0.

This game will probably be close, which is probably advantage Chiefs based on what we've talked about here.

If it's not close, especially if one team gets a couple of early scores, we know the Chiefs can handle that. Can the Bills?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:04 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Good thing for us is Bills ALWAYS lose their Super Bowls.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:07 AM 01-19-2022
Im really worried about this game.

Mahomes, Andy and company are going to break them. Bills fans may never recover
[Reply]
CupidStunt 11:09 AM 01-19-2022
Considering the amount of paralysis by analysis, the one thing I don't see talked about is the sense of urgency and extra gear the Chiefs have proven to have 4 years in a row now.

- There was the bad 1st half vs NE, then they come out in the 2nd half and dominate
- Texans, Titans and 9ers games - we all know those stories
- Last year, down early vs BUF, and they turned it up
- Even this weekend, after multiple 3-and-outs, look when the very first TD drive came - along with the 5 consecutive that followed it - RIGHT after that fluke defensive TD against us.

We KNOW that no matter what happens, what the score is after 1Q or 3Q, no matter the opponent or weather, Mahomes and the rest of the team turn it on when they absolutely have to.

How can the fans of other teams possibly pretend to be confident like that? Because they run up the score on a garbage game manager rookie QB in their building?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:15 AM 01-19-2022

Welcome back.

"Sugar high Allen", I like it.

And agreed, I think it'll be a very close game. Of course, we all have reasons to think it could get out of hand way or another.... especially this year, neither team has looked invincible throughout.

Both fan bases waited far too long to be in these type of games with any regularity and should be seeing a lot of each other for years to come.

Cannot freaking wait.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:27 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Considering the amount of paralysis by analysis, the one thing I don't see talked about is the sense of urgency and extra gear the Chiefs have proven to have 4 years in a row now.

- There was the bad 1st half vs NE, then they come out in the 2nd half and dominate
- Even this weekend, after multiple 3-and-outs, look when the very first TD drive came - along with the 5 consecutive that followed it - RIGHT after that fluke defensive TD against us.

We KNOW that no matter what happens, what the score is after 1Q or 3Q, no matter the opponent or weather, Mahomes and the rest of the team turn it on when they absolutely have to.

How can the fans of other teams possibly pretend to be confident like that? Because they run up the score on a garbage game manager rookie QB in their building?
Buffalo did beat the heck out of KC earlier this season at Arrowhead. That’s a pretty decent reason for them to be confident.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:27 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:

Yep. I've mentioned it a few times here and there, but I watched a 15 minute highlight reel of the Texans game and noticed again how much it was the Mahomes/Kelce show after 0-24 (granted, he also had a drop or two early).

Similar the other night... down 7-0 and it was Hill, Hill again, Mahomes scramble, Kelce. It was their time to take over (plus a lot of McKinnon) and there wasn't a damn thing the Steelers were going to do about it (of course, it's also the Steelers).

That experience and chemistry is invaluable. And could Allen show that extra gear Sunday night? Sure. Just like when we were all predicting a win over the Bengals... it could be the night they show they're a real Super Bowl contender when all the chips are down.

But, it's also great to know the Chiefs have proven that several times over by now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Buffalo did beat the heck out of KC earlier this season. That’s a pretty decent reason for them to be confident.
Is it though?

Particularly when that 3-4 Chiefs team was effectively the polar opposite of what they are now.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:32 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Is it though?

Particularly when that 3-4 Chiefs team was effectively the polar opposite of what they are now.
We will see about that. The defense looked terrible against Cincy. I don’t rule out a scenario where Allen torches them again. The Steelers are completely inept on offense or that game last Sunday might have been a problem for KC. Two bad turnovers in the 1st quarter including a fumble TD. Do that kind of stuff against better teams and it will be a problem, as it was in 4 of their 5 losses.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:33 AM 01-19-2022
Allen has appeared in only 5 playoff games.

He was bad in 3 of them including against KC last year. If we don't blow multiple coverages and play Sorenson at safety we're good.
[Reply]
scho63 11:35 AM 01-19-2022
The talking heads are all excited about this game. Calling it the best out of the four.

We gotta get off to a good start, few penalties, no turnovers and contain Allen in the pocket.
[Reply]
scho63 11:36 AM 01-19-2022
This weekend's games are the best 4 in years.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 103
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Up