ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:59 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Tells you more about Lamar than anything. In a QB hungry league nobody wants to make a monetary or draft pick compensation on him speaks volumes
Exactly. It would only take 1 team to break the "collusion".

If he was REALLY worth the kind of scratch he wants, somebody would have gone against the grain and acquired him.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:07 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Before the tag I thought it was odd too, but for two firsts and who knows how much guaranteed money.. Makes sense at this point.
I was under the impression that the draft pick compensation for signing a player on a non-exclusive tag was negotiable and not the required 2 first round picks as stated. Didn't the Chiefs do this with one of their players not too long ago?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:08 AM 03-30-2023
It's only collusion in the sense that the owners want nothing to do with these guaranteed contracts, they all think Cleveland and Minnesota are assholes for pulling that shit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I was under the impression that the draft pick compensation for signing a player on a non-exclusive tag was negotiable and not the required 2 first round picks as stated. Didn't the Chiefs do this with one of their players not too long ago?
You are correct. It doesn't HAVE to be two 1st rounders. But Baltimore would be dumb at this point to give up that leverage if they don't have to. And because there's so little interest in Jackson in the market, they have no reason to, at least not yet.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:10 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly. It would only take 1 team to break the "collusion".

If he was REALLY worth the kind of scratch he wants, somebody would have gone against the grain and acquired him.
Another thing that I read is that any team that places an offer for Lamar, the Ravens will just match. As such they don't want to do the negotiating for the Ravens. On top of that no one is going to give him a fully guaranteed contract (if that is indeed what he is demanding). The Cousins/Watson contracts need to stay the exceptions, not the norm. They don't want to make this a precedent because every QB after Jackson will want a fully guaranteed contract that exceeds his. Before long other skill groups will do the same and football would be fundamentally changed. There was a reason no one got one for a long time after Cousins until the Browns did it.

Whether people want to realize it or not, Jackson is not worth what he is demanding. I get he was a league MVP and I said last year at least that award would inflate his demands. His award was in 2019. He has progressively declined since then and has missed significant time the last two seasons. Giving him the largest amount of guaranteed money and two first round picks is asking for a GM to be fired.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:16 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
If anyone doesn't think there is ****ing collusion between the owners now.........

Former MVP, sub 30... Can't get ONE TEAM?

You telling me Atlanta and Indy are NOT interested?
Nobody being dumb enough to give up 2 1st rounders and a huge contract to Lamar does not = collusion. It only means they all see the same thing most of us do.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:17 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nobody being dumb enough to give up 2 1st rounders and a huge contract to Lamar does not = collusion. It only means they all see the same thing most of us do.
I mean I see his point, the Colts have fucked around with QB for like 5 years, Atlanta has been shit forever.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:21 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean I see his point, the Colts have fucked around with QB for like 5 years, Atlanta has been shit forever.
And neither feel he is worth what his supposed demands are. Plus there are very few teams that can outbid Baltimore and because of the tag they can match whatever anyone offers him. If you were a GM would you give up two picks, most likely 1sts unless Baltimore budges on that as well as $150+ million minimum guaranteed for him?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:24 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And neither feel he is worth what his supposed demands are. Plus there are very few teams that can outbid Baltimore and because of the tag they can match whatever anyone offers him. If you were a GM would you give up two picks, most likely 1sts unless Baltimore budges on that as well as $150+ million minimum guaranteed for him?
If my other option was Desmond Ridder I'd certainly think about it, but this is far more about him wanting a Watson contract than it is the picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 03-30-2023
Exactly. Even QB starved teams like the Colts know better than to throw that kind of comp out there for a guy that is playing on borrowed time.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:27 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly. Even QB starved teams like the Colts know better than to throw that kind of comp out there for a guy that is playing on borrowed time.
In reality the Colts are a bad example because Chris Ballard is so risk averse he won't even take reasonable chances.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:29 AM 03-30-2023
In reality the Colts are a bad example because Chris Ballard is so risk averse he won't even take reasonable chances.
There's any number of teams out there that you could insert though.

New Orleans opted for Derek Carr, of all people. The Giants gave Daniel Jones $45M per. The Jets would rather give up high picks and a massive salary for a guy that's like 15 years older than Jackson. Atlanta doesn't even really have a QB and their owner is already saying that Lamar Jackson's demands just aren't acceptable.

There's no market for Lamar Jackson right now, none. And it's almost 100% his fault because he overestimated his value.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:31 AM 03-30-2023
If you even were considering it, you would have to be stupid to do so before the draft. I mean he would have to be someone you thought would get you to the playoffs. Which case why not use the fairly high 2023 pick and figure your going to have a mid to high 20's pick in 2024 and 2025. Further why not put some pressure on Baltimore and the situation. See what they do, see if the relationship blows up even more...just maybe they come down on the 2 firsts and just maybe if you do a sign and trade, Jackson becomes more realistic with something to prove.

But I am not sure the 150 million gets it done, looking north of 200.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:37 AM 03-30-2023
If my other option was Desmond Ridder I'd certainly think about it, but this is far more about him wanting a Watson contract than it is the picks.
That is exactly what is scaring teams away. Unless he budges on his supposed demands, he will have a tough time getting any bites. If I am Atlanta I would rather stick with Ridder and see what can get from him than handcuff my team long term with the albatross contract that Jackson will be.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:42 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yeah you are right I would never trade two first round picks for...

(Checks notes)

A QB sub 30 who has a MVP...........

Meanwhile Cleveland........
[Reply]
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up