ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 51
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:16 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
are you guys hypey AF for Thursday?
I did not know that hypey was a word. Now that i am aware of it, I am in fact hypey af.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:42 AM 09-14-2022
We have really struggled with a non playoff team (the Chargers) in recent years, at least for Chiefs standards. They give us all we can handle. I imagine the most likely scenario is we split with them. I say 31-27 Chiefs but their ability to rush the QB without blitzing scares me a bit.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:55 AM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Kyle getting a bit lazy in the research. The record for Mahomes is 2-1, not 2-2 against Herbert. The other win for Herbert was against Chad Henne and a bunch of other backups for the Chiefs.

That being said, the Chargers defense has given the Chiefs a hard time for years, even before Herbert got there. The 2019 season is a good example, where Mahomes threw for less than 200 yards in both games.

It would be nice to see the KC offense play a lights out game this time around. Last year at Arrowhead the offense moved the ball at will, but had 4 turnovers in Chargers territory including 3 of them in the Red Zone. Gotta avoid that kind of stuff.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:02 PM 09-14-2022
Maybe we are better without Hill.

Do the #chargers think the #chiefs are tougher or easier to prepare for without Tyreek Hill? And what really stands out most to Brandon Staley may surprise you. My report on NFL NOW on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/puda3dLhet

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) September 14, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:35 PM 09-14-2022
Butker out

Chiefs rule Harrison Butker out for Thursday night. https://t.co/oa5z6EmDdZ

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 14, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:47 PM 09-14-2022
Trey Smith is listed as questionable but he had a full practice today so unless he has a setback should be ready to go.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:49 PM 09-14-2022
Keep an eye on the money line...KC is only favored by 3 after the rockstar performance by Mahomes.

I would guess it's going to be heavily slanted towards the Chiefs...which in order for Vegas to recoup gives KC a 2 point window for victory or an out right loss.

Depends on the O/U line too...they might play the break even route on a national divisional game with two marquee players.

If the money comes in heavy on LA at +3.....Chiefs are free to score at will.

These lines will effect how the game is called...I'll chime in 10 minutes before kickoff with where the money is at.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:52 PM 09-14-2022
Keenan out. Great news for us

Chargers ruled out WR Keenan Allen for Thursday night’s game vs. Chiefs due to his hamstring injury.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 14, 2022

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:54 PM 09-14-2022
Posted this in the prediction thread....will post here as well:

finally got around to watching the replay of the Faid/Dolts game yesterday.....while I didn't study it in an specific fashion, color me unimpressed overall with the Dolts.

Sure, they managed to sack Carr a bunch of times, but there wasn't one time where a QB that actually knows how to scramble couldn't escape (cough, cough, PMII). It was Carr standing in the pocket too long and like a statue more than just a barrage of pass rush.

They also scored their 24th (and final) point of the game with 6:42 left in the third, so went almost 1.5 quarters at the end without putting up points (maybe due to Allen being out, but still)....

The Interceptions were a lot of bad Carr throws, but I guess kudos to them for making the plays when they needed to. Carr also missed Waller on a TD pass in the 1Q amongst his varying bad throws.

I voted that the Chiefs win by 7 or less, because they always seem to play close games, but the Dolts really struggled on offense when Allen went out, and PMII is not Carr and won't sit there waiting on sacks to happen.

While I expect a close game, I would not be surprised if Chiefs win by two scores here. To me, it feels like a "flex our muscle statement" kind of game....all off-season the Chiefs had to listen to how great the Chargers are, and how bad they suck because of losing Tyreek....I'm going to guess they will be fired up (at the home opener no less) and anxious to show the world that they aren't going anywhere.....
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:58 PM 09-14-2022
I forgot about Allen being out...money should definitely be on KC. We'll see if the line shifts.

Butker being out should shave a few points off too...

Chiefs need the line to stay in the 60/40 range...if it gets into the 80% (on Denver -6)...like with the Seattle/Donks, we'll likely see some bizarre stuff.

Vegas cleaned house on Monday night..
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:06 PM 09-14-2022
So do they just roll with Reid?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think they signed Matt Amendolla.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:07 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Matt Ammendola will be our kicker
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 09-14-2022
So the Chargers were one of the worst defenses against the run last year. They also gave up 4.9 YPC last week to the Raiders who for some stupid reason only ran it 13 times while their QB got killed.

I think we should line up with multiple TE’s and fucking ram it down their throats a few times like this to set up play action just like how we started the game at Arizona.

This is great blocking across the board. Front side creates a wall. Gray and Valdez-Scantling maintain their reaches. Brown avoids the hold and gets the job done. McKinnon finds the cutback with ease. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/MUA3IIiY6s

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 14, 2022

Then get your screen game going
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:57 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I forgot about Allen being out...money should definitely be on KC. We'll see if the line shifts.

Butker being out should shave a few points off too...

Chiefs need the line to stay in the 60/40 range...if it gets into the 80% (on Denver -6)...like with the Seattle/Donks, we'll likely see some bizarre stuff.

Vegas cleaned house on Monday night..
I am seeing it at 4.5 on Fan Duel. I also see most of the money is on the Chiefs about (70%) most is on the Under as well right now.

With it being a divisional game, Thursday night game, and refs that the Chiefs had in the Bengals reg season game last year, my instincts tell me to avoid this one.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 51
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up