ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2603 of 2690
« First < 1603210325032553259325992600260126022603 260426052606260726132653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:14 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Edelman was MVP of that 13 point Super Bowl game, even though it probably should have been awarded to Belichick’s defense for allowing only 3 points to a very good Rams offense. But Edelman is exactly the kind of solid receiver you want to have. Very good hands, very good route-running, and very good field awareness.
Our offense would be functional with one vet WR like JuJu or Edelman.

That’s why we broke. They didn’t even get him one guy.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:21 PM 12-29-2023
Mahomes' lower performance is a symptom, not a cause.

The contributing factors and causes are:

1. Receivers are not skilled enough and/or smart enough to get open regularly, and if/when they occasionally do, they lead the league in dropped passes. The result is a lack of trust, which causes PM to hesitate or hold back on throws he'd otherwise make.

2. The O-line and skill players regularly lack discipline, evidenced by the unit being among the most penalized in the league. The result is longer distances to convert first downs, ultimately leading to more stalled drives. In an attempt to convert, Mahomes is often in scenarios where the defenses know what's coming, reducing the element of surprise and increasing the difficulty of his passing windows and the amount of time required before throwing. This naturally causes a drop-off in success rate.

3. The play calling has been poor at times this year, given points 1 & 2. The play calling has not adjusted to or accepted the fact that points 1 & 2 are major issues. By maintaining the same level of risk and trust in players' intelligence & skill levels from previous years, and not accounting for these limitations, often times the plays have a poor chance of success. This creates a vicious circle for Patrick, allowing very little room for error.

It was Nagy's responsibility to identify these issues with the WR & OL units earlier in the season, and he did not. After multiple weeks of the same issues, the responsibility shifted to Andy to step in, and it doesn't appear that he has.

Yes, Veach and the scouts missed on some key players and opportunities. But that part of the organization could not have foreseen such a drop off from last year, and so while they do bear some blame, the majority lies on the coaching staff.

To simply say "Mahomes sucks this year" without acknowledging the circumstances the coaching staff has put him in is both reductive and ignorant.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:39 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:

1. Receivers are not skilled enough and/or smart enough to get open regularly, and if/when they occasionally do, they lead the league in dropped passes. The result is a lack of trust, which causes PM to hesitate or hold back on throws he'd otherwise make.

2. The O-line and skill players regularly lack discipline, evidenced by the unit being among the most penalized in the league. The result is longer distances to convert first downs, ultimately leading to more stalled drives. In an attempt to convert, Mahomes is often in scenarios where the defenses know what's coming, reducing the element of surprise and increasing the difficulty of his passing windows and the amount of time required before throwing. This naturally causes a drop-off in success rate.

3. The play calling has been poor at times this year, given points 1 & 2. The play calling has not adjusted to or accepted the fact that points 1 & 2 are major issues. By maintaining the same level of risk and trust in players' intelligence & skill levels from previous years, and not accounting for these limitations, often times the plays have a poor chance of success. This creates a vicious circle for Patrick, allowing very little room for error.

It was Nagy's responsibility to identify these issues with the WR & OL units earlier in the season, and he did not. After multiple weeks of the same issues, the responsibility shifted to Andy to step in, and it doesn't appear that he has.

Yes, Veach and the scouts missed on some key players and opportunities. But that part of the organization could not have foreseen such a drop off from last year, and so while they do bear some blame, the majority lies on the coaching staff.

To simply say "Mahomes sucks this year" without acknowledging the circumstances the coaching staff has put him in is both reductive and ignorant.
It's a combination of everything. Patrick is not seeing the field as well as he did in the past. He's making some bad decisions on top of not seeing the field very well.

I'm half-kidding here, but I wonder if Patrick needs eye surgery like Tiger Woods. Tiger went through a putting slump at one point in his mid 20's. Got eye surgery, and immediately went back to being a GOAT level putter. I'm mostly joking about this with Mahomes, but you never know. Tiger was always kind of a blind dude. They called him Steve Urkel when he was a kid for wearing dorky glasses.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:34 PM 12-29-2023
Wow

With this news… the only QB to start every game since the start of the 2021 season? Patrick Mahomes https://t.co/JpNasUZ5tt

— trey wingo (@wingoz) December 29, 2023

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:43 PM 12-29-2023
How spoiled are we that I now think we need to get back on track to getting the 1 seed locked up before week 18 so we can rest this dude? lol
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:47 PM 12-29-2023

[Reply]
Best22 04:53 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow

Josh Allen didn’t miss any starts since 2021

He only had 16 games played in 2022 because the teams decided to not play the game
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:56 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How spoiled are we that I now think we need to get back on track to getting the 1 seed locked up before week 18 so we can rest this dude? lol
Wat
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:22 PM 12-29-2023

[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:36 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The 1 seed???

If they win this week, they'll likely have no reason to play any of their starters next week but it won't be because of the 1 seed.
[Reply]
headsnap 05:40 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The 1 seed???

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:59 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Great post. Although I still don’t want to hang so much of this on Nagy when we know Reid micromanages the offense. Nagy probably isn’t going anywhere and I am certain Reid turns this around next year. And we’ll be reminded that the OC is still largely a figurehead in Andy’s offense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:01 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Wat
They chose 2021 for this stat because Pat missed week 17 of the 2020 season because we had the 1 seed locked up that year.

I’m saying we must be spoiled because I noticed that and want to get back to those days. It’s a sign of a franchise that’s got its shit together when you have the luxury of sitting your QB late in the season.

The 1 seed???

If they win this week, they'll likely have no reason to play any of their starters next week but it won't be because of the 1 seed.
I’m talking about in general. I understand that the 1 seed was not possible after we lost to the Raiders.

But I wasn’t going to say “I really hope we can be locked into the 4 seed next year so we can rest Pat in week 18!”
[Reply]
New World Order 07:03 PM 12-29-2023
The 1 seed???

I would like this
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:06 PM 12-29-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Our offense would be functional with one vet WR like JuJu or Edelman.

That’s why we broke. They didn’t even get him one guy.
Yes they did. His name is Richie James and he's caught six of the last eight balls thrown to him.
[Reply]
Page 2603 of 2690
« First < 1603210325032553259325992600260126022603 260426052606260726132653 > Last »
Up