ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2153 of 2690
« First < 1153165320532103214321492150215121522153 21542155215621572163220322532653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:11 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
ESPN hates the Chiefs for some reason. They must have forgotten Allen playing like shit against the Jets and Falcons to end the season.
It's not that they hate him, but they expect him to be Superman all the time without any bad outings. The that pisses me off about the media is how they don't call out the refs for blatant favoritism concerning any Brady officiated games.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:16 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And really, they didn't look completely awful even in the first couple of drives in that game.

I mean...on rewatch that is. I was DRUUUUUUNK - I have no memory of that game in real time.

But I expected to see a complete shitshow and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was just a few little issues here and there.

It wasn't god mode that got activated or anything - they just finished drives. They were moving the ball okay even before the scoring started. They just weren't quite all the way there yet.

I'm not worried about a slow start.
They really didn't. The Chiefs were deep in Pittsburgh's side of the field on the INT. Even then that was more a product of a great play by the most likely DPOY than a poor decision. The first Pitt TD was because of a poorly executed play. KC did what they wanted almost all game in spite of not scoring in the first quarter.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:18 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The bad Mahomes takes are already in overdrive from the national sports media this week and it’s only Tuesday.

Dominique Foxworth on ESPN claiming that Josh Allen has proven he can elevate his game to a higher level than Mahomes.

I must have missed when Josh Allen won the regular season and Super Bowl MVP’s.
It's better to ignore all of them. Some predicted that Pittsburgh would beat KC. Once KC demolished them, they all forgot those predictions and downplayed the win. It is what it is.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:23 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mahomes had some struggles and Allen had worse struggles. Has Allen yet to sniff and MVP award? Has Allen won the SB?
Allen was second last year in MVP voting, although Mahomes was better than him in every metric outside of maybe rush yards. If they are willing to put him above Mahomes in spite of stated facts, no other "hot take" should surprise at this point.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:28 PM 01-18-2022
ESPN hates the Chiefs for some reason. They must have forgotten Allen playing like shit against the Jets and Falcons to end the season.
Josh Allen runs faster than Mahomes = BETTER MORE COMPLETE QB!!!!!
[Reply]
tredadda 09:34 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Josh Allen runs faster than Mahomes = BETTER MORE COMPLETE QB!!!!!
Just like Kittle is a better TE because he blocks better than Kelce.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's not that they hate him, but they expect him to be Superman all the time without any bad outings. The that pisses me off about the media is how they don't call out the refs for blatant favoritism concerning any Brady officiated games.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, just turn that shit off.

There is virtually no good faith discussion in national media. Think about it in terms of likes and views.

What is to be gained by saying Mahomes is a fucking God? You get likes from KC fans and maybe some casual fans that like Mahomes because Mahomes is damned likeable. But what do you gain from saying Pitt has a shot? Pitt has a fuckton of fans fucking everywhere.

So if you give no fucks about credibility you puke out on camera or twitter or whatever that Pitt could come in here and have a chance.

It's different with Allen from a fanbase size, but it's a hot take thing. What is gained by saying, Mahomes, Arrowhead, tough out for Buffalo - lot of similarities to last year? Versus HEY LOOK AT ME I THINK BOOFALOO CANZ WINZ Y'ALL.

If you give no fucks about credibility you go out there and try to come up with some against the grain take that will get eyes or clicks. And by the time you get on air someone has said they like Buffalo, so since you give no fucks about credibility, you say some bullshit about Allen surpassing Mahomes without a doubt. Because hell you might tie into some of the big markets of NYJ and Cheatriot Fuckbag because hey we did some things against that guy, maybe we're closer than we think? Besides, they're dumbass plebs. They can't know anything anyway.

There is just no good faith anywhere. So turn it off.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Just like Kittle is a better TE because he blocks better than Kelce.
Which I think is bullshit, Kelce has thrown some really really fucking good blocks this year. That could be recency bias because Kittle has played what, 3 games this year?
[Reply]
Dayze 09:28 AM 01-19-2022
I was laid off around thanksgiving, and while Im starting a new job on Monday, I've spent a lot of time at home with sports channels sort of on in the background most of the day. and wow.....they are truly truly terrible. Every. Single. One of them.

how in the fuck any of them are on TV is beyond me; unless the only viewers they get are like how they got me...just on in the background; usually watching highlights in the morning on sports center then it sort of just transitions to those shows without you realizing it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:08 AM 01-19-2022
omg 4:05

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:15 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Keyshawn Johnson was on a segment that asked the question if Josh Allen had caught up to Mahomes, or passed him, and Foxworth and Kimes were kinda taking Allen, but Keyshawn laughed at them.

He listed Mahomes MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 3 consecutive AFC Championship games, 2 SB appearances, and 1 SB win, and asked how anyone could say Allen has caught up with Mahomes when he only has a couple of playoff wins.

He talked about how Mahomes has set the bar so high for himself that people have taken his play for granted, and when he isn't playing at that all world level, people start talking about how he is declining.

And we all know it's true. Mahomes didn't go for 50/5000? He must be regressing. The Chiefs didn't get the 1 seed? Mahomes must be regressing. The Chiefs lost at home to the Bills? Allen is obviously better than Mahomes.

I understand that Allen deserves praise for his play this year, and how he performed against the Patriots last week, but talking heads are so desperate for a new storyline that they ignore the games where Allen was not good.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:19 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
omg 4:05

I was listening to the Mike DeVito/Jeff Allen podcast recently, and they spoke about Mahomes' personality being so un-quarterback-like.

All the QBs they played under, from Mark Sanchez to Alex Smith to Deshaun Watson to even Tebow, they said quarterbacks always carry themselves "like quarterbacks," is how they phrased it. They went on to say that Mahomes is completely different -- having him around is essentially sitting with the rest of your position group, just goofing around.

He's a really, really special guy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 01-19-2022
lol he totally held that safety the entire way...just elite

Single high. Chiefs run a smoke, option and two outs. So that puts Fitzpatrick at ease. Then he spots Hill out of the trips on a vertical. Hill sets up the DB by angling outside gets him to give up inside leverage, nice hand swipe & explodes. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/DeBjBJaT9m

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 19, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:07 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lol he totally held that safety the entire way...just elite

I noticed a lot of NOT-2 deep looks from the Steelers. Been curious to see some in depth breakdowns but haven't seen any yet.

Absolutely shocked they gave the Chiefs a look like that. I guess they thought the Chiefs can't produce big plays anymore. Gross miscalculation.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I noticed a lot of NOT-2 deep looks from the Steelers. Been curious to see some in depth breakdowns but haven't seen any yet.

Absolutely shocked they gave the Chiefs a look like that. I guess they thought the Chiefs can't produce big plays anymore. Gross miscalculation.
They bet on Tyreek being limited.

Hope the Bills do, too.
[Reply]
Page 2153 of 2690
« First < 1153165320532103214321492150215121522153 21542155215621572163220322532653 > Last »
Up