ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 353 of 3903
« First < 253303343349350351352353 3543553563573634034538531353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:12 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There is no way that paper towels will flush in California due to 1.2 gallons per flush toilets.

It's difficult enough to flush regular toilet paper. A paper towel would likely require the main line to be snaked.
I snapped a 9/16" cable on a toilet auger one time trying to clear a line with paper towels in it.

DON'T FUCKING FLUSH PAPER TOWELS.

Unless you own your home and you are getting stuck with the bill to clear the line. Then by all means feel free to do it.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:17 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I snapped a 9/16" cable on a toilet auger one time trying to clear a line with paper towels in it.

DON'T FUCKING FLUSH PAPER TOWELS.

Unless you own your home and you are getting stuck with the bill to clear the line. Then by all means feel free to do it.
I flush all of my paper towels at McDonald's.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:22 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I flush all of my paper towels at McDonald's.
That's cool. I don't work there. In fact, I don't have to deal with toilets at all at the current time, so I take it back. Go ahead and flush whatever the hell you want down whatever toilet you want.

Unless it's in my house. You will be asked to leave.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:00 AM 03-17-2020
**** time to update my resume
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:14 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Aren't people going to die from withdrawal?
you would have to go to a detox center and get adivan
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:36 AM 03-17-2020
Getting bad on the coasts. Down in Austin, where my sister lives, they're only letting in 10 people at a time to buy food.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:42 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Getting bad on the coasts. Down in Austin, where my sister lives, they're only letting in 10 people at a time to buy food.
Well the cdc said no more then 10 people
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
**** time to update my resume
The post office is hiring.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:44 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The post office is hiring.
They're always hiring because it's not a good job anymore...I used to do it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:47 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're always hiring because it's not a good job anymore...I used to do it.
It's better than starving.

And you get to work outside. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:59 AM 03-17-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:01 AM 03-17-2020
Kind of scary how close we are to the plot of Deus Ex.

Originally Posted by :
The plot of Deus Ex depicts a society on a slow spiral into chaos. There is a massive division between the rich and the poor, not only socially, but in some cities physically.

A lethal pandemic, known as the "Gray Death", ravages the world's population, especially within the United States, and has no cure. A synthetic vaccine, "Ambrosia", manufactured by the company VersaLife, nullifies the effects of the virus but is in critically short supply.

Because of its scarcity, Ambrosia is available only to those deemed "vital to the social order", and finds its way primarily to government officials, military personnel, the rich and influential, scientists, and the intellectual elite.

With no hope for the common people of the world, riots occur worldwide, and some terrorist organizations have formed with the professed intent of assisting the downtrodden, among them the National Secessionist Forces (NSF) of the U.S. and a French group known as Silhouette.[15]

[Reply]
ping2000 06:40 AM 03-17-2020
Aren't people going to die from withdrawal?
According to my BIL, they will deliver.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:50 AM 03-17-2020
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/09/...covery-begins/

This seems like a strong argument for the mask theory.

I feel like they're still running the playbook from SARS:

What if all that stuff about droplets and washing your hands is wrong for Covid-19 and it's really airborne from people with no symptoms?

Also from a guy I know in Japan:

This would be brilliant opportunity to make cool ass masks with logos or graphic designs and just sell them as a novelty item that happens help prevent spread of air~born virus.

If I was smart with the know how and connections I'd do it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:57 AM 03-17-2020
From FB

Originally Posted by :
Cass County, Missouri has its first case of COVID19. Cass county borders my county of Jackson, to the south. I live about two miles from Cass County line. Belton/Raymore are in Cass County. That's where I do most of my shopping needs, where my closest Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot are located. The person with COVID19 lives in Drexel, Missouri, which is far southern Cass County, Belton/Raymore are northern Cass County. I think that's a good sign. However, officials are tracing where all this person may have been over the past couple weeks or so, of which they may have exposed others. As rapidly as it's spreading, I think it's just a matter of time anyway, before it reaches most of us, no matter where we live.

[Reply]
Page 353 of 3903
« First < 253303343349350351352353 3543553563573634034538531353 > Last »
Up