« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Better than the movie franchise so far.

Much like Star Wars, i'm not a huge fan boi of the LOTR franchise though ive seen all the movies multiple times.

But i am a fan boi of CGI/Fantasy/Sci-Fi etc.

And as such, im enjoying this series.

Matter of fact my wife caught some glimpses of it and i think their world creation has caught her interest. And she fucking HATES LOTR movies. (why i have no idea. She loves high-fantasy. It's those fucking hobbits i tell ya)
Erroneous! :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:42 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Erroneous! :-)
Yeah, those movies are great. It's honestly not even fair to compare this show to those movies because it will almost certainly pale in comparison no matter what it accomplishes.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:05 AM 09-13-2022
I’ll keep watching, but the dialog and costumes are ridiculous.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:56 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I’ll keep watching, but the dialog and costumes are ridiculous.
You prefer something a bit more tropical?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You prefer something a bit more tropical?
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:26 PM 09-14-2022
So, I'm interested in the concept and I don't know what to think; reviews all seem political.

Is it worth watching, or don't bother?
[Reply]
DCTwister 04:31 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
So, I'm interested in the concept and I don't know what to think; reviews all seem political.

Is it worth watching, or don't bother?
I would say if you liked the original LOTR, then they are worth watching. That said, 3 episodes in, they are underwhelming and fairly boring. A lot of these streaming series are falling into the trap of taking a 2 1/2 hour movie and stretching it out to 10 1-hour episodes, bloated with extra slow-moving background on every episode. So far I am not that impressed with it. But I am still hopeful that the action will pick up.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:52 PM 09-14-2022
Next episode will be very telling. There are only 8 episodes, and halfway through a season is where things should really start to pick up.

If episode 4 is as boring as the first 3, that probably means the payoff won't be there this season.

I will say, even though it wasn't necessarily good, episode 3 was at least the best one yet.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:24 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
LOTR: Discovery.

Amazon didn't just screw the pooch with this absolute nonsense, but they taped it to the floor, reamed it with a pineapple, filmed it, and dared you to dislike it. If you did/do, they instantly labeled you a nazi rayciss.

WE WUZ RANGS, YA'LL!

Might as well have had the CW vomit out this tripe.
If you enjoy it, cool, I guess. Just don't try telling Tolkien fans they have to like it. If you do, expect to be told in 50 different ways how you are a complete fucking reerun with zero taste.

[Reply]
listopencil 07:15 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I would say if you liked the original LOTR, then they are worth watching. That said, 3 episodes in, they are underwhelming and fairly boring. A lot of these streaming series are falling into the trap of taking a 2 1/2 hour movie and stretching it out to 10 1-hour episodes, bloated with extra slow-moving background on every episode. So far I am not that impressed with it. But I am still hopeful that the action will pick up.
This show does a lot of that. Brief shots of beautiful backgrounds are nice enough. But there are pauses with no one talking, with characters just standing around and reacting with facial expressions in situations where it isn't warranted. A lot of that in the snoozy shitfest that is the Harfoot section of the show.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:38 AM 09-15-2022
1st episode in and I fell fast asleep.
Better then a gummy.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 11:42 AM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Wait meteor man is gandalf?
Who else could he be? Old guy with beard, has a special connection with hobbits, clearly a magic user.

Remember, of all "the Wise" in middle earth, Gandalf is the only one who thinks much of hobbits. They're clearly setting up the backstory for that attitude.
[Reply]
Fish 12:50 PM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Who else could he be? Old guy with beard, has a special connection with hobbits, clearly a magic user.

Remember, of all "the Wise" in middle earth, Gandalf is the only one who thinks much of hobbits. They're clearly setting up the backstory for that attitude.
Could be Sauron. I've seen quite a few suggestions of that online.

Gandalf in the books wasn't supposed to be in Middle Earth till much later. But they could definitely be creating something new with Gandalf that wasn't in the books. Who knows.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:51 PM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Wait meteor man is gandalf?

"I have seen shit that will turn you white"
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:16 PM 09-15-2022

Wizard werent in middle earth yet
[Reply]
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up