ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 61
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:46 AM 06-30-2016
Back in college Hardees had this Double Chill Cheese Burger with Chili cheese fires combo. Damn that was amazing after a night on the town.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:50 AM 06-30-2016
there was a shop in Blue Springs near the 7hwy House of Hooch - called Flavor-Maid, they were really good - much like Daylight.
[Reply]
srvy 11:51 AM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Just to touch back on donuts, to this day, I think Daylight Donuts had the best straight glazed donut in the mid-90s to early 2000s. I haven't had once since.
Not a chance the original Ray Lamar on Linwood.

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:01 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Not a chance the original Ray Lamar on Linwood.

I lived on Armour Blvd for a number of years and have nothing but respect for that shop. I still preferred DD. It may have been due to Lamar's slipping towards the end when I was there, or the particular franchisee I worked for at DD. We'd have pizza shop guys from all over come in and talk nothing but dough, yeast, temperatures for hours in the middle of the night. He took donuts about as serious as you can.
[Reply]
Fairplay 12:04 PM 06-30-2016
I stopped by one the other day because I hadn't eaten at one in years, I went there around lunch time.

Three cars in the parking lot is a negative for me so I went somewhere else, Jimmy John's I believe.
[Reply]
Fairplay 12:06 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
My mom said it's a lateral move from Steak and Shake only much more pricey - I've not yet tried Freddy's.

The Steak and Shake under 4 Dollar menu is a real bargain IMO.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:57 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
I like there fries. Crisp hot and the oil has tasted fresh every time I've been there. Maybe it the shoestring type that you don't like?
that's exactly it.
[Reply]
Fish 01:08 PM 06-30-2016
Anybody remember back when the gave away those collectible glasses from different cartoons/movies/etc?

[Reply]
TimBone 01:09 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Freddy's is tasty, but their fries suck. And don't get the hot dog.
Avoid the hotdog. Got it. Thanks, bud. I believe the Patty melt is what has been the most recommended.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:12 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Just to touch back on donuts, to this day, I think Daylight Donuts had the best straight glazed donut in the mid-90s to early 2000s. I haven't had once since.
I know it's cliche, but nothing beats Krispy Kreme for me. In high school our football team had to sell them door to door twice a year for fundraising. I'd eat an entire box myself in the two hours that I was out making the rounds.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:16 PM 06-30-2016
there was a shop in Blue Springs near the 7hwy House of Hooch - called Flavor-Maid, they were really good - much like Daylight.

I recall a place (early 90s) in the Oak Park Mall called "Maid-Rite". Basically, it was a sloppy Joe of some sort. I gave it a try. One try. Never went back. They ended up closing like 6 months later...
[Reply]
Fish 01:17 PM 06-30-2016
Krispy Kreme is way too sweet for me. There's dozens of other brands I'd prefer....
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:18 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anybody remember back when the gave away those collectible glasses from different cartoons/movies/etc?

I know for a fact we had the Miss Piggy one, but a couple of the others look familiar too. I honestly can't remember ever being there as a kid though.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:21 PM 06-30-2016
My mom said it's a lateral move from Steak and Shake only much more pricey - I've not yet tried Freddy's.
I would agree with that. But I still love Steak and Shake. I'm probably the only asshole in town that eats the "Chili 5 ways" - love that stuff....
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:26 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Krispy Kreme is way too sweet for me. There's dozens of other brands I'd prefer....
Yup. Too sweet.

Best I've ever had are Lamar's in KC. Those things.... I could live a short, happy life on Lamar's glazed.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 61
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up