ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 46
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:03 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by aturnis:
This guy

Brooks Wheelan, went to my highschool. I was in school with his older brothers, haven't seen him since he was probably 14. He was originally hired on as a writer, but was later announced to the cast.

He was decent in the eMeth skit, and I kind of assume he had a hand in writing that one.

Hope he does well.
That guy is my first cousin. On my dads side.

Seriously.

His (and Mine) Grand Parents are out of of the Jefferson City Area.

I Partied with him a few times when he still lived up in Iowa.

Moved to Cali to be an engineer making great money, quit to follow his dream of stand up, ended up making SNL.

Heck of an achievement.
[Reply]
rico 06:16 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
That guy is my first cousin. On my dads side.

Seriously.

His (and Mine) Grand Parents are out of of the Jefferson City Area.

I Partied with him a few times when he still lived up in Iowa.

Moved to Cali to be an engineer making great money, quit to follow his dream of stand up, ended up making SNL.

Heck of an achievement.
Brooks, along with being funny, is an intellectual genius.

Props to you being first cousins with the Wheelan's. They are some of the coolest people you can possibly meet...all of them are hilarious. Brett has me laughing so hard I can't breathe...without even trying. Just by being himself. If you are anything like your cousins, you are indeed, cool shit.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:36 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by rico:
Brooks, along with being funny, is an intellectual genius.

Props to you being first cousins with the Wheelan's. They are some of the coolest people you can possibly meet...all of them are hilarious. Brett has me laughing so hard I can't breathe...without even trying. Just by being himself. If you are anything like your cousins, you are indeed, cool shit.
I remember last time I visited Iowa and his mom and family (8 years ago maybe), they showed off a video Brooks had made for a High School class.

He spoofed the MTV show Cribs and and walked around showing off his house.

One of the funniest amateur things I have seen.

Then I run into Brooks at a family weeding a few years back and he is telling me about Cali and getting to meet the Always Sunny cast... ARgh so envious.

And yea that whole family is cool. Even the mom. She does the taxes for most of the family. Cool, funny and very smart.
[Reply]
rico 07:48 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I remember last time I visited Iowa and his mom and family (8 years ago maybe), they showed off a video Brooks had made for a High School class.

He spoofed the MTV show Cribs and and walked around showing off his house.

One of the funniest amateur things I have seen.

Then I run into Brooks at a family weeding a few years back and he is telling me about Cali and getting to meet the Always Sunny cast... ARgh so envious.

And yea that whole family is cool. Even the mom. She does the taxes for most of the family. Cool, funny and very smart.
Haha, I've seen that one. Then there is the infamous "beans" routine. You ever watch his video, "Rollin' N Da Dubz?"
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:10 PM 10-12-2013
Bruce Willis and Katy Perry tonight... thats a damn strong lineup.

Theres no shortage of material to mine for a guy like Willis, then throw in Katy shaking her ass and you've got the makings of a very enjoyable show.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:11 PM 10-12-2013
Eh, the jungle book theme was off for Katy, just not what i was wanting.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:13 PM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by scott free:
Eh, the jungle book theme was off for Katy, just not what i was wanting.
Straight from the music video
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:15 PM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Straight from the music video
Never seen it, getting older, but she's starting to look a bit... thick.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:20 PM 10-12-2013
Never seen it, getting older, but she's starting to look a bit... thick.
And she's still pretty fucking plough-able, Chief.

C'mon. Don't be an Omaha.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:40 PM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
And she's still pretty ****ing plough-able, Chief.

C'mon. Don't be an Omaha.
:-) agreed indeed, all of the ingredients are there with her, but she's starting to remind me of a dark haired Kelly Clarkson.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:18 AM 10-13-2013
Thoroughly enjoyed Brooks' tattoo regrets bit on Weekend Update.

'Might as well have gotten a tattoo of an empty Bud Lite can drifting down the Mississippi river.'

:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:37 AM 10-13-2013

Theres no shortage of material to mine for a guy like Willis, then throw in Katy shaking her ass and you've got the makings of a very enjoyable show.
Only 2nd time Willis has hosted, and his first since 1989. Wow...
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:48 PM 12-14-2013
Contrary to popular belief, John Goodman is alive and well, he's even hosting the show tonight... i'm hoping for something good, because this is the lowest point i can remember since the Jay Mohr, Janeane Garafolo days.

No offense to them individually, but this show hasn't been all that hot lately... its not all on the new talent either imo, they need the writers to be, you know... funny once again, maybe John can help with that.

I still love this show, but its at a nadir... time for the noobs to own it.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:32 PM 12-14-2013

Katy Perry is so hot. I don't know what it is. Ok, I know what it is. The tits and legs that go up and make an ass out of themselves. But there are tons of beautiful pop singers, and normally I just say "meh" to them because they're a dime a dozen and mostly look fake. But with Katy Perry, I just find myself erect.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:55 PM 12-14-2013
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Katy Perry is so hot. I don't know what it is. Ok, I know what it is. The tits and legs that go up and make an ass out of themselves. But there are tons of beautiful pop singers, and normally I just say "meh" to them because they're a dime a dozen and mostly look fake. But with Katy Perry, I just find myself erect.
If i had to sum it up, i'd say theres an approachable quality about her... she isn't some east coast artsy freak who's never lived/pretends to have never lived a normal life like GaGa.

She doesn't seem to put herself up on some pedestal like say Aguilera or Britney, her parents were religious, midwestern type people, so many identify with that i'd guess... yeah, she be hot, no joke.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 46
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up