ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 3903
« First < 68118158164165166167168 1691701711721782182686681168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 12:30 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Slowing down what most people will get anyway -vs- The economic fallout you are creating. Small business is already getting crushed. One of my favorite restaurants I can never get a seat in and have to wait I went to yesterday for happy hour. Owners eyes glazed over with only one other person in his big ass restaurant. He is like WTF? 4PM

WE are not going to change anything other than how fast this thing runs it's course.
How fast it runs its course makes a difference from a medical supply point of view.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:30 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Okay, that's a non-answer.

I've mentioned a few times that this will just happen again unless and until the Chinese stop their penchant for eating bushmeat. Or at least putting it on the ****ing grill for a few minutes first.
It's man made and came out of a lab. Give me a break. Please don't talk in circles. What do you mean by take it back?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:32 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Which is the point. We are months away from even trialing a vaccine.
It will run it's course way before that. Vaccine at this point for this virus is just pretty talk.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:34 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
How fast it runs its course makes a difference from a medical supply point of view.
I get that. Lets not pretend though that there are not consequences for shutting down the country though because there are.
[Reply]
Donger 12:34 PM 03-12-2020
It's man made and came out of a lab. Give me a break. Please don't talk in circles. What do you mean by take it back?
I didn't say take it back.

You think this virus was created in a lab?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:35 PM 03-12-2020
I haven’t seen anything but I haven’t looked really either. Has anyone seen any complaints or pressure directed at China for causing this? Demanding changes perhaps?
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 12:35 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Tell me what airborne means then.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/02/41...-not-be-enough
Reading that makes me wonder why more people aren't wearing gloves in public. If you can get it from touching a contaminated surface you'd think gloves would be just as useful as a mask.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:36 PM 03-12-2020
I get that. Lets not pretend though that there are not consequences for shutting down the country though because there are.
Who is saying there are no consequences?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:36 PM 03-12-2020
Slowing down what most people will get anyway -vs- The economic fallout you are creating. Small business is already getting crushed. One of my favorite restaurants I can never get a seat in and have to wait I went to yesterday for happy hour. Owners eyes glazed over with only one other person in his big ass restaurant. He is like WTF? 4PM

WE are not going to change anything other than how fast this thing runs it's course.
Before I post a reply, do you acknowledge graphs as data or not? If so, I will post some graphs to help illustrate the benefits of social distancing & precautions.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:37 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Reading that makes me wonder why more people aren't wearing gloves in public. If you can get it from touching a contaminated surface you'd think gloves would be just as useful as a mask.
The problem isn't the virus getting on your hands, it's when it gets on your face. Gloves generally don't stop people from touching their faces.

That's why washing your hands and using sanitizer is important
[Reply]
BWillie 12:37 PM 03-12-2020
Bats. Do you know why it almost assuredly came from bats, as do many other mutated strains of the flu and coronaviruses?
[Reply]
Donger 12:38 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Wearing gloves doesn't help if you still touch your face, rub your eyes, use your phone, etc. before taking the gloves off (or just washing your hands without gloves).
[Reply]
Donger 12:39 PM 03-12-2020
Because it's a common habit – most people do it all the time without realizing it. APIC estimates the average person touches their face 23 times per hour, based on a small 2015 study.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:42 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You typically catch the virus from droplets in the air or by touch from hard surfaces. The virus doesn't live very long on clothing, or on hair.
According to my boss who has family there - in China they're telling people it can live up to 5 hours on clothing. So to take off your clothes when you come in from shopping or w/e - and either let them sit by the door for 5 hours, or wash them.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 12:42 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The problem isn't the virus getting on your hands, it's when it gets on your face. Gloves generally don't stop people from touching their faces.

That's why washing your hands and using sanitizer is important
Go out in public, wear gloves, come home, throw them away. That way it doesn't matter whether you touch your face or not. Assuming the virus can't penetrate the glove.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 3903
« First < 68118158164165166167168 1691701711721782182686681168 > Last »
Up