ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
TEX 07:56 AM 09-20-2021
Like I said early on in this thread, I do not want to move my All Pro Dlefensive Tackle to Defensive End.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:22 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Browns
Ravens
Titans

We will likely have to beat at least one of those teams to advance to the Super Bowl. I'm guessing we'll have to beat two.
That's fair. The Browns and Titans are pretty traditional anyway.

The Ravens are just so unorthodox with all of the misdirection, read options, and insanely mobile QB. People can hate on Lamar all they want, but he is a great football player. There's a reason his win percentage is second only to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 08:27 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's fair. The Browns and Titans are pretty traditional anyway.

The Ravens are just so unorthodox with all of the misdirection, read options, and insanely mobile QB. People can hate on Lamar all they want, but he is a great football player. There's a reason his win percentage is second only to Mahomes.
The ravens have had one of the weakest strength of schedules since LJ took over there. It's why they're one in done when they face real competition in the playoffs. Are defense played terrible yesterday (minus the honeybadger ofcourse). We led this game most of the way by double digits. And if that stupid bastard puts 2 hands on the ball, we win.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:36 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
The ravens have had one of the weakest strength of schedules since LJ took over there. It's why they're one in done when they face real competition in the playoffs. Are defense played terrible yesterday (minus the honeybadger ofcourse). We led this game most of the way by double digits. And if that stupid bastard puts 2 hands on the ball, we win.
Bullshit. He's been starting for nearly three full seasons now. You don't just keep getting lucky for that long.

He is a great football player.
[Reply]
philfree 08:38 AM 09-20-2021
Jones looked completely lost and confused on several plays. He was a liability against Jackson and now we'll see if other teams can scheme against him the same way. It don't look good but we'll see.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 08:42 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Bullshit. He's been starting for nearly three full seasons now. You don't just keep getting lucky for that long.

He is a great football player.
Great football players win in the post season. Lamar is a talent. But he chokes too much to be great. He's beaten up on a bunch of bad football teams. And ppl want to act like that doesn't matter. I get you play who they put in front of you. But he and the ravens are garbage in the post season for a reason
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:05 AM 09-20-2021
What if i told you that Lamar has been stupid lucky, beaten a shit ton of bad teams and is a fantastic athlete that plays football? All of these things are true. It takes a perfect storm for him to do what he did last night normally. But you cant discredit what he has done.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:08 AM 09-20-2021
He is not a primary DE.

His biggest flaw at IDL is that he doesn’t always maintain discipline against the run. We can survive that in the middle - but that spells disaster at DE, which we saw last night.

I don’t mind shifting him to Edge on obvious passing downs, but if he can’t handle read-option or set the edge on the outside runs, we are fucked.

Hopefully we adjust that going forward.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:08 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What if i told you that Lamar has been stupid lucky, beaten a shit ton of bad teams and is a fantastic athlete that plays football? All of these things are true. It takes a perfect storm for him to do what he did last night normally. But you cant discredit what he has done.
I'd love it if he played for the Chiefs. As a running back.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:54 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'd love it if he played for the Chiefs. As a running back.
Shit imagine a shifty runner like that behind this line!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:01 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He is not a primary DE.

His biggest flaw at IDL is that he doesn’t always maintain discipline against the run. We can survive that in the middle - but that spells disaster at DE, which we saw last night.

I don’t mind shifting him to Edge on obvious passing downs, but if he can’t handle read-option or set the edge on the outside runs, we are fucked.

Hopefully we adjust that going forward.
It's unfathomable to me why this wasn't the plan all along. Why the fuck are you moving an elite DT to be an average DE. If the answer is necessity then Veach needs a punch in the fucking mouth.
[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM 09-20-2021
As a DE, he's not gonna have to defend the option very much in the NFL.

As much as that sucked last night, that offense is so weird and unique to the NFL.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:21 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's unfathomable to me why this wasn't the plan all along. Why the **** are you moving an elite DT to be an average DE. If the answer is necessity then Veach needs a punch in the ****ing mouth.
It's entirely possible that Jones agreed to the contract he agreed to in exchange for the promise he could play DE more.

That's my feel of the situation, anyway.

That doesn't reduce the problems he's having out there, but hey.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
As a DE, he's not gonna have to defend the option very much in the NFL.

As much as that sucked last night, that offense is so weird and unique to the NFL.
He shouldn't have been playing DE at all last night, especially if he's primarily playing contain.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:39 PM 09-20-2021
Stopping the run isn’t one of Stone Cold’s specialities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up