ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:18 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's zero reason to have Taco Charlton on the field. Broke. Dick.
So then we only have 4 good rushers and the only way to get them all on the field together is to play our best rusher out of his natural position or else we take one of them off to put him at his natural position and have Taco, Danna or Kaindoh on the field.

Welp
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So then we only have 4 good rushers and the only way to get them all on the field together is to play our best rusher out of his natural position or else we take one of them off to put him at his natural position and have Taco, Danna or Kaindoh on the field.

Welp
I'm just not worried about it.

At all.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:26 PM 06-21-2021
Chris Jones playing DE or DT or w/e the fuck is of no concern of mine. I've spent little to no thought on this subject.

What IS a concern is the woeful lack of depth at DE in general and my gut tells me that CJ moving to DE is the result of that lack of depth, not that they think CJ is just gonna knock dicks in the dirt.

I'll be curious to see who they add at DE between now and week 6, and who (if any) emerges in camp.

As of right now, that's the last position group that needs addressed on this team.

If it doesn't change, i foresee many threads about lack of a pass rush in our future.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:58 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Chris Jones playing DE or DT or w/e the fuck is of no concern of mine. I've spent little to no thought on this subject.

What IS a concern is the woeful lack of depth at DE in general and my gut tells me that CJ moving to DE is the result of that lack of depth, not that they think CJ is just gonna knock dicks in the dirt.

I'll be curious to see who they add at DE between now and week 6, and who (if any) emerges in camp.

As of right now, that's the last position group that needs addressed on this team.

If it doesn't change, i foresee many threads about lack of a pass rush in our future.
For the position opposite Clark, how much worse is the Danna/Taco/Kaindoh/Ward quartet than the Kpass/Taco/Okafor/Danna/Ward quintet from last year?

I don't see that much of a difference, to be honest. Kpass and Okafor are the only differences, and Okafor was his usual broke dick self all year.

We're basically down Kpass from last year. Oh fucking no.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:05 PM 06-21-2021
We had only 32 sacks last season compared to 45 in 2019 and 52 in 2018.

That’s a huge drop off.

Pass rush is definitely the biggest pain point on the team right now. And last year it was quite evident that it was a big problem.
[Reply]
O.city 02:10 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
For the position opposite Clark, how much worse is the Danna/Taco/Kaindoh/Ward quartet than the Kpass/Taco/Okafor/Danna/Ward quintet from last year?

I don't see that much of a difference, to be honest. Kpass and Okafor are the only differences, and Okafor was his usual broke dick self all year.

We're basically down Kpass from last year. Oh ****ing no.
Yeah, but it wasn't good enough last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:15 PM 06-21-2021
We had only 32 sacks last season compared to 45 in 2019 and 52 in 2018.

That’s a huge drop off.

Pass rush is definitely the biggest pain point on the team right now. And last year it was quite evident that it was a big problem.
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, but it wasn't good enough last year.
We made it to the goddamn Super Bowl and if we had a single healthy starting offensive linemen, we probably would have won.

You guys are worrying about something that doesn't really even matter. This defense is good enough to win a championship even without a top notch pass rush.

Period.
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 06-21-2021
We made it to the goddamn Super Bowl and if we had a single healthy starting offensive linemen, we probably would have won.

You guys are worrying about something that doesn't really even matter. This defense is good enough to win a championship even without a top notch pass rush.

Period.
Eh, with a functioning OL sure, it's closer. But the shit sandwich OL took alot of heat of the D that didn't do shit in the SB.

We were an offsides away from the SB in 2018 with an atrocious defense.

Saying it wasn't good last year isn't some kind of death blow.

Everyone acts like we can't discuss this or that here because whatever reason. We're just talking about what could or needs to improve, but with Reid and Mahomes, they're gonna be right there in the AFC champ game either way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 06-21-2021
Eh, with a functioning OL sure, it's closer. But the shit sandwich OL took alot of heat of the D that didn't do shit in the SB.

We were an offsides away from the SB in 2018 with an atrocious defense.

Saying it wasn't good last year isn't some kind of death blow.

Everyone acts like we can't discuss this or that here because whatever reason. We're just talking about what could or needs to improve, but with Reid and Mahomes, they're gonna be right there in the AFC champ game either way.
Dude, read the thread.

There's such a thing as discussing without being so fucking doom and gloom.
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 06-21-2021
Dude, read the thread.

There's such a thing as discussing without being so ****ing doom and gloom.
I've read the whole thread.

I'm not sure who's been so doom and gloom. The Chiefs didn't really bring in much at DE so now they're moving Jones out there as they were able to really bolster the interior DL and Jones has shown some ability to kick out there.

We'll see how it works. If it doesn't, they can move him back to the inside where we know he kicks ass. It's a good situation to be in if it works because they'll have their best 4 on the field at the same time.

I don't know why anyone would be "doom and gloom" about it. It's a 14 win roster. Sure they could use an extra body here or there, but thats whatever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:42 PM 06-21-2021
The Chiefs didn't really bring in much at DE so now they're moving Jones out there as they were able to really bolster the interior DL and Jones has shown some ability to kick out there.
That right there is pure speculation. That's the whole point of this discussion - we have no idea if they're moving Jones out there because they feel the NEED to or because they WANT to. It could absolutely be the latter but most of you guys just want to assume it's the former because you think they are weak at DE.

We'll see how it works. If it doesn't, they can move him back to the inside where we know he kicks ass. It's a good situation to be in if it works because they'll have their best 4 on the field at the same time.
Again, you're automatically leaning towards him not being as good at DE as he is at DT. That's not something you know and you have no idea how the team feels about it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:47 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

We're basically down Kpass from last year. Oh fucking no.
So you're saying that almost the same exact group less 2 veteran starters is as good as the former?

That's a stretch dude.

That's like back when CP was convincing itself that Niang/Remmers was going to be a good a tackle duo.

The position group, on paper, is weaker than it was last season and it wasn't good last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So you're saying that almost the same exact group less 2 veteran starters is as good as the former?

That's a stretch dude.

That's like back when CP was convincing itself that Niang/Remmers was going to be a good a tackle duo.

The position group, on paper, is weaker than it was last season and it wasn't good last season.
And they still made the Super Bowl with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

Yes, the DE position needs help.

But in the grand scheme of things, it isn't likely to be a big enough problem to prevent them from achieving their goals.

They're going to have FIVE new starters on the offensive line, which was THE biggest issue with last year's roster.

They can't fix every problem all at once.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:56 PM 06-21-2021
IMO the pass rush was our biggest issue minus one game.

We could not get any pressure on teams like the Raiders and then the SB highlighted that.

Aside from the Frank Clark sack I don’t think we got barely any pressure on Brady the rest of that game
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 06-21-2021
IMO the pass rush was our biggest issue minus one game.

We could not get any pressure on teams like the Raiders and then the SB highlighted that.

Aside from the Frank Clark sack I don’t think we got barely any pressure on Brady the rest of that game
They went 14-2 and made it to the Super Bowl with that pass rush.

You simply can't dismiss that.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up