ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 210 of 3903
« First < 110160200206207208209210 2112122132142202603107101210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:25 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Are all of the governors talking to each other, or is the 250 person limit a CDC recommendation? Colorado just did the same thing with the same size limit.

It actually seems a bit large to me. A meeting of 100 people is still a pretty large group of people. So the consistency of the 250 person limit makes me think I missed some announcement at the federal level.
no kidding. Even the 6 ft rule for 30 people in almost impossible
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:26 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Presumptive positive in Springfield. The girl (20-something) had returned from Austria. She called ahead to a clinic, was greeted by an empty waiting room, immediately given a mask, tested, and taken home for quarantine. Test was sent off to CDC to confirm.

The hardest part of this whole thing, for me, is worrying about my kiddo. When I dropped him off at daycare this morning, they had implemented hand washing upon arrival. Makes me feel a little better, I guess. And my house is good on toilet paper. Did our usual stocking before all of this hit, so we're good for a bit. :-)
I know its normal to worry about your kid but we are not hearing of kids getting effected. For some reason still unknown, kids 15 and under are getting it at a lower rate than any other group of humans.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:28 PM 03-13-2020
kids are carriers. My father in law lives in a 55+ place in Palm Springs. They have been told to NOT LET people come visit for four weeks.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:28 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This has crossed my mind a few times in the past 24 hours.

I didn't live here but there were riots in LA that led to 50 dead and more than $1 Billion in damage back in 1992 after the Rodney King verdict.

If essential services are interrupted and there's a lack of supplies available, what happens then?
2pac_DrDre_CaliforniaLoveMusicVideo.MPEG
[Reply]
Frazod 12:28 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This has crossed my mind a few times in the past 24 hours.

I didn't live here but there were riots in LA that led to 50 dead and more than $1 Billion in damage back in 1992 after the Rodney King verdict.

If essential services are interrupted and there's a lack of supplies available, what happens then?
Then you're on your own.
[Reply]
synthesis2 12:28 PM 03-13-2020
So from a extremely ignorant point of view I guess I am struggling with why this is such a horrible virus. It sounds like 95 plus percentage of deaths are old people with current problems. These are the people (for the most part) that quality of life is poor to bad right now. Why is it such a big deal if some of these people die a week/month or year early when their quality of life is bad anyway? If I end up in that same situation I would much rather just meet my maker then rot in a nursing home.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Water and electric & gas utilities are highly automated, but not anywhere near 100%
They are very vulnerable to cyber attacks though. They are in general, way behind other industries in protecting their stuff from people who want to cause havoc or ransomware them.
[Reply]
Donger 12:30 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They are very vulnerable to cyber attacks though. They are in general, way behind other industries in protecting their stuff from people who want to cause havoc or ransomware them.
No, I assure you they are not, particularly electric & gas. But, that's a different topic. Humans still are and have to be in the loop to deliver their product.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:31 PM 03-13-2020
Louisiana postponed their primary election until July.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:31 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
So from a extremely ignorant point of view I guess I am struggling with why this is such a horrible virus. It sounds like 95 plus percentage of deaths are old people with current problems. These are the people (for the most part) that quality of life is poor to bad right now. Why is it such a big deal if some of these people die a week/month or year early when their quality of life is bad anyway? If I end up in that same situation I would much rather just meet my maker then rot in a nursing home.
Cause no one wants their mom or grandma to die.....like that one dude said, I thought everyone loved their grandparents then some sporting events got cancelled.

Also if everyone got it and the numbers held millions dead looks bad.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:33 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Just got home...washed hands and changed clothes.

Clothes???? Just like for allergies....Outside clothes and inside clothes.
Every single person in the USA should immediately wash their hands when they get home.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:34 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
Setting aside the problem with the elderly/vulnerable population for a moment, I think it's got the potential to kill more, and that's something that's not really being discussed. Someone posted that article about the first guy to catch it, and it sounded like he almost died as a healthy 48 year old. So it made me realize that the current death rate is happening with medical intervention. Without it, the death rate would likely be notably higher and this would truly be a historic event.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:34 PM 03-13-2020
Sometimes I am just here to spread humor

Get two birds with one stone.#PanicBuying pic.twitter.com/f7xprruLKe

— Will Wilson (@willgoliath) March 13, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:34 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Then you're on your own.
Exactly.

And unlike Bwana, I don't have a safe of goodies.

I've teased my kids this week that if the "Zombie Apocalypse" happens, we're heading to my parents house, as my dad has more than 15 handguns and three AR15's.

But they're 1,684 miles away, so...
[Reply]
synthesis2 12:36 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cause no one wants their mom or grandma to die.....like that one dude said, I thought everyone loved their grandparents then some sporting events got cancelled.

Also if everyone got it and the numbers held millions dead looks bad.
I get it but as an example my grandmother passed away and has had dementia for years. She wasn’t who she was . Just felt like visiting a body. Her passing was a blessing . Or my friends mom is just drugged up in a nursing home just drugged out of her mind . Many , many of these people don’t want to live that way and if given a choice would choose to move on to a much happier life than rotting inside room.
[Reply]
Page 210 of 3903
« First < 110160200206207208209210 2112122132142202603107101210 > Last »
Up