ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 3903
« First < 60110150156157158159160 1611621631641702102606601160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:48 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
From everything I've read, it varies from case to case.

The biggest issue with COVID-19 isn't that "X amount of people die from the flu every year, so what's the big deal?", it's that when this sucker hits a patient hard, that patient needs a ventilator and such to have a chance to survive, and there simply isn't enough equipment or beds available for tens of thousands of people, let alone, millions.

There are so many "Ifs" out there, too. You'll most likely be okay if you get the virus IF you're healthy and IF your immune system isn't compromised.

But IF you're elderly or IF you have pre-existing conditions like asthma or COPD or any other lung disease or IF you have Diabetes Type I or IF you have high blood pressure that isn't controlled by meds or IF you have cancer or IF you're doing chemotherapy or radiation or IF you're not healthy, your risk of getting the disease is much greater, as is the risk of dying.

That's a lot of IFS and most of them are pretty shitty.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 AM 03-12-2020
NHL has officially suspended the season.
[Reply]
Time's Yours 10:49 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
In KC?
Barstow School in KC closed today and tomorrow heading into spring break. They're making plans for classes to go online after break if necessary.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:49 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
My oldest daughter STEM robotics team qualified for worlds. Had to break the news to her that it’s probably not going to be an option.
I'm so sorry, Brother. That's really an amazing feat - I mean, really, really awesome! - and I'm sure she's heartbroken. :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:50 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
You can show no symptoms for 2-weeks. So you could go around spreading it and you don't even know it.

So this virus has the potential to infect a ton of people. So while most people will survive because there is no vaccine it has the potential to kill a lot of people.

Another issue this also has the potential to have a devastating effect on the economy.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:52 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
My daughter is a teacher at a local school district and is about to go on spring break.... She says it’s looking more like the kids aren’t coming back to school after the break.. Kids were told to take their devices and chargers home during break. Learning may be done on lab tops for awhile..
Originally Posted by wazu:
In KC?
It’s not the Kansas City Schools but a large School District in the northland.. I’d rather not say until things fall into place... not set in stone yet but close..
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:53 AM 03-12-2020

I always thought everybody loved their grandparents, then coronavirus threatened sporting events.

— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_ATH) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:53 AM 03-12-2020
We are officially entering depression territory now... Markets will tank like never before.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:53 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Ah I took it to mean they are already talking about start of the actual playing season given the suspensions in other sports leagues.

What they do with the draft will be interesting to see but I fail to see any world where it's "business as usual" in September.
Yeah, the start of the new league year is meaningless in terms of the fans and physical contact, so I don't see any reason why that would be delayed or cancelled given the technology we have today to interact with one another.

And while the grandeur of the draft would be slightly affected, the bottom line is that the league earns its money from the draft via TV and more importantly, Prime Time TV.

While we most likely won't see 20ish players at the draft walk onstage, the other 300 or so watch from home so outside of the people in attendance, it should be business as usual.
[Reply]
loochy 10:53 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You can show no symptoms for 2-weeks. So you could go around spreading it and you don't even know it.

So this virus has the potential to infect a ton of people. So while most people will survive because there is no vaccine it has the potential to kill a lot of people.

Another issue this also has the potential to have a devastating effect on the economy.

I know. That's not what I'm requesting. I'm requesting some kind of daily logs from infected people (of all sorts).
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:53 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Delusional thinking.

Goodell is such a great leader. Teams are pulling their scouts back but no NFL mandate. Other leagues and companies are cancelling events but NFL stays silent when it comes to FA start etc
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:54 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
It's a double edged sword, because when people who are close to retirement lose their entire retirement portfolio who is going to take care of them then?
[Reply]
loochy 10:55 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
We are officially entering depression territory now... Markets will tank like never before.

and then...buy buy buy!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:55 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Bah I don't wanna go stock up on shit at the store, I hate doing that.
Me, neither, but I'm heading out shortly, just in case school is cancelled for a few weeks.

The good thing is that the freeways are dead in LA, which is absolutely freaking bizarre. I've never heard this town so quiet, not after Northridge, really never. It's really, really weird.

The bad thing is that it might be futile, as there's probably been a run on the stores this morning. Costco opens at 10am and I'm heading up shortly but I'm expecting an epic disaster.
[Reply]
loochy 10:55 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It's a double edged sword, because when people who are close to retirement lose their entire retirement portfolio who is going to take care of them then?

It's not lost unless you cash out. It'll bounce back you know...
[Reply]
Page 160 of 3903
« First < 60110150156157158159160 1611621631641702102606601160 > Last »
Up