ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1110 of 3903
« First < 11061010101060110011061107110811091110 111111121113111411201160121016102110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 09:32 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
The company I work for should have one ready to go by December -February and our President feels very confident it’s going to work. Should have 20 plus million ready to go by the times it’s approved . Cautiously very optimistic
Any chance that could be moved up before December?

Also hit the thumbs down on accident, sorry.
[Reply]
synthesis2 09:34 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Have you guys got into testing humans yet?
Human testing starts in June and will go thru August and then last phase for approval starts in September to shoot for a December/January/February approval . We signed a 1 billion dollar contract with the government on it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:35 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
If that's accurate that's huge. It confirms what many have been saying about the spread being MUCH more than most estimates. We need to get off our ass and do mass serology tests here. If a metro area hits 50% immunity it would be time to start easing restrictions in that area. And yes I know that herd immunity requires a much higher percentage but if you phase things out correctly you can achieve that goal without stressing healthcare too much.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing.

If we’ll have 70% with antibodies in a couple weeks then a) this is even more contagious than anyone thought and b) we should start turning everything back on by allowing those with antibodies to get back to work.
[Reply]
tk13 09:36 PM 04-04-2020

So thats good.
This goes right back to the testing discussion. Even if half of America has already had it and is immune right now, we're never going to know. It's a legit issue. People who know they've had it and are now fine are going to act a lot of different than the people who've had it, don't know it and will spend the next 4-5 months behaving like someone who doesn't want to catch it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:44 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This goes right back to the testing discussion. Even if half of America has already had it and is immune right now, we're never going to know. It's a legit issue. People who know they've had it and are now fine are going to act a lot of different than the people who've had it, don't know it and will spend the next 4-5 months behaving like someone who doesn't want to catch it.
True.

I got super sick in late February/early March and just assumed I got it but don’t know. Your point is well taken though because if I knew I had it I would go out.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:46 PM 04-04-2020
I always liked bill gates. I don't think he is evil or something.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
Human testing starts in June and will go thru August and then last phase for approval starts in September to shoot for a December/January/February approval . We signed a 1 billion dollar contract with the government on it.
That’s extremely fast

Would be good news
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:47 PM 04-04-2020
It's a two day old article that hasn't been referenced anywhere else with an n of 60. I wouldn't be drawing very firm conclusions from this.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:48 PM 04-04-2020
I think the key is you getting wholloped with fatigue. Like soul crushing fatigue. That seems to be what stands out other than the breathing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's a two day old article that hasn't been referenced anywhere else with an n of 60. I wouldn't be drawing very firm conclusions from this.
That is pretty small. But being a random sample like that it’s not nothing

I’d think you could do something like 2k here randomly and get a decent idea
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I always liked bill gates. I don't think he is evil or something.
I would not recommend going into dc and reading about him then
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:52 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I thought the same thing.

If we’ll have 70% with antibodies in a couple weeks then a) this is even more contagious than anyone thought and b) we should start turning everything back on by allowing those with antibodies to get back to work.
If it's that contagious the growth in hospitalizations would have started sooner, and it's unlikely so many healthcare workers would have fallen ill and died because the mortality rate would be extremely low.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:54 PM 04-04-2020
That is pretty small. But being a random sample like that it’s not nothing

I’d think you could do something like 2k here randomly and get a decent idea
It's not a random sample. It's a sample of one of the hardest hit places on Earth in people who are healthy enough to qualify as blood donors. We don't know the gender split, age range, or underlying demographics of this group at all.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:55 PM 04-04-2020
If it's that contagious the growth in hospitalizations would have started sooner, and it's unlikely so many healthcare workers would have fallen ill and died because the mortality rate would be extremely low.
Seriously thank you for your points on this whole situation. You’re spot on and it’s appreciated.

All the best in your own battle.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 PM 04-04-2020
There’s something with the amount of viral load and health care workers at play here

I hope they’re right and it’s not as bad as we think but the fact that it’s just now hitting hospitals makes that less likely
[Reply]
Page 1110 of 3903
« First < 11061010101060110011061107110811091110 111111121113111411201160121016102110 > Last »
Up