ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 154 of 256
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:30 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm sure plenty of youngsters with fast reflexes and youthful hand/eye coordination will love it. I just can't do it anymore. "git gud" is not an option for someone my age.
Same here. Sadly I rarely play any video games these days. It is as much an ability to focus on the games long enough to not suck as anything else.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:52 PM 02-24-2022
I'm sure plenty of youngsters with fast reflexes and youthful hand/eye coordination will love it. I just can't do it anymore. "git gud" is not an option for someone my age.
Yeah, I've never really enjoyed games where you have to memorize timing and patterns to beat a boss.

And watching a video about it....the bosses will change up their timing just to fuck you over. Sounds like a blast.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:55 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Soooooooooo what's the point of the game then? Run away from shit and not do anything?
It sounds like you can run away, go explore to get better gear/more experience or stronger or whatever, then possibly come back and whoop ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:57 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
It sounds like you can run away, go explore to get better gear/more experience or stronger or whatever, then possibly come back and whoop ass.
If the gear is anything like other From games, it really only makes a difference in how long a battle takes. It doesn't actually help you "win" because that's entirely based on player skill.
[Reply]
SuperChief 04:23 PM 02-24-2022
If the gear is anything like other From games, it really only makes a difference in how long a battle takes. It doesn't actually help you "win" because that's entirely based on player skill.
No idear. I've only ever played one Souls-like game (Bloodborne, which I stopped playing because it felt really dated), so I'm not sure what to expect!
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:27 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
No idear. I've only ever played one Souls-like game (Bloodborne, which I stopped playing because it felt really dated), so I'm not sure what to expect!
Well, I'm one of those that has never gotten past the first few bosses in a From game. They're just too hard. And I play almost every game on the hardest difficulty.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:12 AM 02-25-2022
You must learn the ways of the cheese, young Padawan.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:23 AM 02-25-2022
I am all primed to start Elden Ring tonight. Hope I’m not disappointed. I’m not huge into Dark Souls, but I have heard that this is pretty approachable for more casual players. Loved Skyrim.

I have heard people say that the PC version isn’t running as well. This will be the first next gen game I play on the PS5
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You must learn the ways of the cheese, young Padawan.
I'm old enough to be your dad. Young indeed. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 10:37 AM 02-25-2022
Super early on, couple of hours in but goddamn Elden Ring is awesome…this game will consume me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Super early on, couple of hours in but goddamn Elden Ring is awesome…this game will consume me.
Is it forgiving at all or is it like a normal Dark Souls game?
[Reply]
Jerm 11:39 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is it forgiving at all or is it like a normal Dark Souls game?
It’s not easy per se but with it being open world, you can escape from encounters and fights now.

There’s more places to save, easier ways to refill flasks, etc.

Also depends on where you’re at…I wandered into an area I had no business being in and got absolutely wrecked lol.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:43 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
It’s not easy per se but with it being open world, you can escape from encounters and fights now.

There’s more places to save, easier ways to refill flasks, etc.

Also depends on where you’re at…I wandered into an area I had no business being in and got absolutely wrecked lol.
I just watched a review. It looks great, but damn, I don't want to have fight something for a hour before it dies.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just watched a review. It looks great, but damn, I don't want to have fight something for a hour before it dies.
Or fight it for an hour and then YOU die and have to do it all over again.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:55 AM 02-25-2022
Or fight it for an hour and then YOU die and have to do it all over again.
And start at a save point that's far away and have to fight through a bunch of respawned crap to get to the same battle again, right?

Games without a reasonable quick save feature generally annoy the shit out of me.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 256
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up