ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2045 of 2692
« First < 1045154519451995203520412042204320442045 20462047204820492055209521452545 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:02 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I had Fields ahead of Lawrence but Nagy is a mess.

Fields fans should pray he gets fired this year.

Nagy made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years with Mitch Trubisky.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:03 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah Allen isn’t in the same stratosphere as Mahomes when we’re talking clutch/ playoff pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Mahomes in clutch 3rd / 4th down situations

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:18 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Heard the same shit about Lamar Jackson.

Justin Herbert could be fucking nasty. And if he ever gets a team and a franchise around him, I think Joe Burrow could be fucking nasty.

Josh Allen? No.
Yeah, but Josh Allen is clearly a bit further along in the passer progression than Lamar Jackson. Jackson is a running QB, whereas Allen is a QB who can run.

I think that's evident in the eye test, but also statistically as well. Allen just attempted 575 passes last season to Jackson's 375. Even in Jackson's MVP season, he only attempted 401 passes. He's clearly the guy they would prefer to limit his attempts. Allen is not that kind of QB.

Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Also Superbowl Mahomes never lost his cool, spazzed out, tried to lateral a ball mid-play when it made zero sense to do so, then sat on the sidelines staring into the abyss afterwards. I think Allen can grind his way up to being a decent playoff QB. But he'll never be an elite playoff QB imo. He just doesn't have it in him.
I actually had no problem with that. He was young, in his first playoff game, attempting to bring his city its first postseason win in over 2 decades, and just trying to make something happen.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:21 PM 07-06-2021
Okay so check this out. This is aggressiveness AFTER getting hit.

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He doesn't have the accuracy for me to put him ahead of Rodgers personally, but I understand everything else.

He's like 6'5" 240 or something which is perfect size. His arm is probably stronger than Mahomes'. He can run like a gazelle. Physically speaking, you can't ask for a much better specimen.

If he can continue to work on his accuracy, processing and learning when to slide, he could be elite for a long time.
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Allen's lack of accuracy alone should keep him out of the top 5. When making a "best QB" list, I couldn't care less about his rushing, for the same reason I don't care about Lamar Jackson's rushing.
Accuracy?

Old narrative. Players change. Your opinions need to change with it.

Josh Allen completed almost 70% of his attempts last season. The idea that he isn't accurate is a myth that should died two seasons ago.

And you can't not include a QB's rushing. It matters. It's part of the equation when defending him, and defenses have to adjust to it. The rushing effects the game.

The Peyton Manning days are over. QB's rush in today's NFL. Our very own QB is a top 5 rusher as far as QB's are concerned, and we've seen first hand how it effects the game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:30 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Heard the same shit about Lamar Jackson.

Justin Herbert could be fucking nasty. And if he ever gets a team and a franchise around him, I think Joe Burrow could be fucking nasty.

Josh Allen? No.
You can't be serious.

Again, whatever feelings ya'll had about Josh Allen back when he was a rookie, get over them.

It reminds me of the Herbert conversations last season, where some people just couldn't get over their "draft grades" of the guy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:36 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Accuracy?

Josh Allen completed almost 70% of his attempts last season. The idea that he isn't accurate is a myth that should died two seasons ago.
Josh Allen is not an accurate QB. He needs to work on it. He already has, as he is clearly more accurate now than he was in his rookie and sophomore seasons, but it is still the weakest part of his game, no?

Allen had a higher completion % last year than Mahomes but he is NOT a more accurate passer than Pat, let's be realistic.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:36 PM 07-06-2021
Accuracy?

And you can't not include a QB's rushing. It matters. It's part of the equation when defending him, and defenses have to adjust to it. The rushing effects the game.

The Peyton Manning days are over. QB's rush in today's NFL. Our very own QB is a top 5 rusher as far as QB's are concerned, and we've seen first hand how it effects the game.
Allen can complete passes when he's not under duress...then again, so can pretty much every other starting QB in the league. He folds up like origami under the slightest pressure, either physical or mental.

Large, upright, "ballsy" rushers don't last long in the NFL, whether you're talking RB or QB.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:38 PM 07-06-2021
You can see what Baltimore and KC both did that threw off Allen.

Baltimore was simple man defense and Allen couldn't make the throws.

Chiefs did lots of man, along with blitzing from the slot, and changing pre-snap reads..it melted him.

Allen isn't bad but I'm selling Allen stock before this year starts.

Too many teams playing soft, stagnant zone last year because they were overly worried about his running. Let him run and focus on the his arm. Make him go past his 1st read. Make him think.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 07-06-2021
Josh Allen is not an accurate QB.
Yes

The

Fuck

He

Is.

Allen had a higher completion % last year than Mahomes but he is NOT a more accurate passer than Pat, let's be realistic.
We're not talking about Mahomes. We're not comparing him to Mahomes.

EVERYONE will fail in comparison to Mahomes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:43 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Allen can complete passes when he's not under duress...then again, so can pretty much every other starting QB in the league. He folds up like origami under the slightest pressure, either physical or mental.

Large, upright, "ballsy" rushers don't last long in the NFL, whether you're talking RB or QB.
Allen completed passes under duress, i can show you a multitude of them.

And Josh Allen will have a 15 year career at least. The NFL has many, many examples of big QB's who can hang in and take hits.

I don't follow the Bills like that, but i can't think of any games Allen has missed due to injury.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:46 PM 07-06-2021
Yes

The

Fuck

He

Is.

We're not talking about Mahomes. We're not comparing him to Mahomes.

EVERYONE will fail in comparison to Mahomes.
Bull-fucking-shit, dude. His biggest weaknesses are lack of accuracy and processing power.

Citing a 70% completion percentage is pointless. Having a high completion percentage doesn't necessarily mean you're an accurate QB.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:51 PM 07-06-2021
Virus you're stating facts that existed in his first season and have somehow disappeared. Issues with accuracy and processing power no longer apply to Allen.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:55 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Virus you're stating facts that existed in his first season and have somehow disappeared. Issues with accuracy and processing power no longer apply to Allen.
He has improved his accuracy and processing, but they are still his most glaring weaknesses.

I mean, assuming you guys are correct: he's 6'5" 240, literally perfect size for a QB, strongest arm in the league, runs a 4.6, accurate, and makes quick, efficient reads.. So why isn't this dude better than Mahomes then? He would be the best QB ever if what you guys are saying is true.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:56 PM 07-06-2021
Bull-fucking-shit, dude. His biggest weaknesses are lack of accuracy and processing power.

Citing a 70% completion percentage is pointless. Having a high completion percentage doesn't necessarily mean you're an accurate QB.
Lol, not bull fucking shit.

You developed this opinion years ago and you, unlike Josh Allen, haven't changed.

It's a thing fans do. Form an opinion, and then stick to it regardless of what's changed.

Josh Allen is an accurate QB.

Look, context matters. Few teams run their system entirely through their QB.

The Chiefs do. So do the Bills. These teams ask their QB's to carry the offense.

The Bills play ENTIRELY though Josh Allen. He has no run game worth speaking of. His defense was historically bad for half of last season, and only became serviceable in the 2nd half of the season.

He has one good receiver in Diggs, and despite that, played outstanding football last season.

The numbers don't support your theories. He was nearly a 70% passer, and he wasn't dinking and dunking down the field.
[Reply]
Page 2045 of 2692
« First < 1045154519451995203520412042204320442045 20462047204820492055209521452545 > Last »
Up