ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What Does Matt Cassel Mean To You?
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:48 PM 04-09-2020
Hey guys, long time no see.

Raiders fans are turning on Carr.

So I was wondering how long does it take before anger at a former QB disappears?

Thus, the question.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:13 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Matt Cassel career passer rating = 78.5
John Elway career passer rating = 79.9

Your brother in law was pretty accurate.

(Wow, I seldom get a post where I can nail both Cassel and Elway at the same time.)
:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:18 PM 08-14-2020
His name should be banned on this siye.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Someone remind me of the "I graded out perfectly" quote.
He was also the 'hidden touchdowns' guy, IIRC.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:26 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Bernard Pollard really screwed the chiefs in retrospect when he took out tom brady.
That he did....and I'll always hate him for that.

He brought the Chiefs Matt Casshole/Peeholee
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
That he did....and I'll always hate him for that.

He brought the Chiefs Matt Casshole/Peeholee
God bless the broken road, gentlemen.

If any particular butterfly had flapped its wings, everything is different. Without Cassel, maybe Orton is the guy and Pioli stays around for 1 more year. Or maybe it's Sanchez and the grace period of a young QB gets him another. And if that happens, there's no Reid. And if there's no Reid there's no Patrick. There's no Hill or Kelce. There's probably not even a Mitchell Schwartz.

It all HAD to happen the way it happened.

Worth it.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:52 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
In my defense i was 17/18 full homer, and spent as much time txting whores as actually watching the game.

I wasn’t hating on you, I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
crispystl 03:53 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was also the 'hidden touchdowns' guy, IIRC.

Wait....was that his OWN quote ? No way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:02 PM 08-14-2020

If any particular butterfly had flapped its wings, everything is different. Without Cassel, maybe Orton is the guy and Pioli stays around for 1 more year. Or maybe it's Sanchez and the grace period of a young QB gets him another. And if that happens, there's no Reid. And if there's no Reid there's no Patrick. There's no Hill or Kelce. There's probably not even a Mitchell Schwartz.

Worth it.
Agreed

Nonetheless, God Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of CuBy Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

Cassel to me is the personification of my broken fan days. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards broke my fandom. It was never the same. It was obvious from the start that even if Pioli was successful he wasn’t going to be as good at what Cheatriot did as Cheatriot so I pretty much mailed it in as a fan. Couldn’t jumpstart my give a shitter, coil is out. No spark.

Even after Reid came, the extent of what I could do was just appreciate that it wasn’t painful anymore. I mean...Alex Smith. Then Mahomes threw that bomb to Robinson on the run in the preseason and it was on.

Cassel is merely the mental shortcut for that god awful time in my fandom.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:41 PM 08-14-2020

Worth it.
1,000% this. I hated Cassel so much at the time but looking back he was everything we needed him to be. If he even displayed a Kyle Orton level of competence he may have managed to squeak out 1-2 more years for himself and Pioli, which would have cost us our shot at Andy Reid and everything he has brought with him.

Also a huge amount of gratitude is owed to the KC media for exposing Pioli and his insanity. If not for them Pioli likely gets at least one more year than he did.

Everything happened as it was meant to. Honestly the whole situation looks like destiny when you look at it with hindsight. What inspired Clark to fly out and talk Andy into coming to KC instead of Arizona? Clark had been very hands off until that point.

Just a work of art that was truly meant to be. It’s just so fantastic.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:04 PM 08-14-2020
I actually think Clark has been very hands on since taking over - especially compared to the example set by his Dad. His Dad really seemed to just abandon his team (and let his friend lead it, right? Steadman?) to me that always read like a reality where Clark gave Carl 2 more years and Pioli a decade. Clark fired a longtime GM (despite Carl giving his best sell that he was in a rebuild) and replaced him by someone many thought was the best candidate in the league. 4 years later, Clark then fired an executive of the decade only few years after the press of KC landing a national figure like that (and despite the tragedy he experienced with the team). Clark also had no qualms about handling Dorsey in a similar fashion (and taking some real heat for it).

Clark submitting those employee feedback forms independent of Pioli (shoutout to Babb) really speaks to his management style. I think some owners would have been content “weathering the storm.”

He gets 10000% credit for believing in Andy and getting his guy.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:25 PM 08-14-2020
Mark Castle is the reason i joined this board. I had always just been a lurker until his complete lack of pocket awareness and propensity to go fetal at the first sign of pressure forced me to sign up for CP and yell into the ether.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed

Nonetheless, God Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of CuBy Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

Cassel to me is the personification of my broken fan days. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards broke my fandom. It was never the same. It was obvious from the start that even if Pioli was successful he wasn’t going to be as good at what Cheatriot did as Cheatriot so I pretty much mailed it in as a fan. Couldn’t jumpstart my give a shitter, coil is out. No spark.

Even after Reid came, the extent of what I could do was just appreciate that it wasn’t painful anymore. I mean...Alex Smith. Then Mahomes threw that bomb to Robinson on the run in the preseason and it was on.

Cassel is merely the mental shortcut for that god awful time in my fandom.
Going into the Mahomes draft, things were rough.

We'd just lost a playoff game where our opponent failed to score a TD and we had a lead early with the fastest man in the game streaking wide-open down the field, only to see our QB chicken out.

It was getting awfully difficult to convince myself that we could win a championship with the formula we'd been using. Even with a steady, dependable, firmly above average QB, I just couldn't convince myself that we were going to win a title.

Mahomes, even before we knew he'd be this (because seriously - MVP and SB MVP with 2 years left on his rookie deal was on very few people's lists of possibilities) changed everything.

It was hope. It was a sign that the organization saw things the same way I did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
1,000% this. I hated Cassel so much at the time but looking back he was everything we needed him to be. If he even displayed a Kyle Orton level of competence he may have managed to squeak out 1-2 more years for himself and Pioli, which would have cost us our shot at Andy Reid and everything he has brought with him.

Also a huge amount of gratitude is owed to the KC media for exposing Pioli and his insanity. If not for them Pioli likely gets at least one more year than he did.

Everything happened as it was meant to. Honestly the whole situation looks like destiny when you look at it with hindsight. What inspired Clark to fly out and talk Andy into coming to KC instead of Arizona? Clark had been very hands off until that point.

Just a work of art that was truly meant to be. It’s just so fantastic.
Excellent point.

Mind you, a #1 overall pick pretty much means the end of whoever was responsible for 'earning' it, but Kent Babb's reporting brought so much nastiness to light that it turned the fanbase against the entire organization. And frankly, that level of hostility had to be felt and may have been part of what led to the complete collapse.

"Arrowhead Anxiety" was a turning point and to be honest, it's probably a level of pure sports reporting that was never seen in KC before or since.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:03 PM 08-14-2020
https://youtu.be/k85WeksXN3c
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:27 PM 08-14-2020
Matt Cassel is the topper of the loser's trophy in my fantasy football league.

/notice how he is running parallel to the yard marker
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up